Hello everyone,

Some of you already know my Roza Shanina build (Check here ->Let's present ... Roza Shanina<-) and my Russian tank commander and tank rider build (Check here ->Painting female Soviet tank commanders and tank riders<-) and some might have noticed the little glimpse of what I was working on at the headswap topic (check ->here<-).

But now it is time to present the project as a whole.

Whoever is interested in the background of the project might find an answer in this post ->here<-

So, let's get started.

As at the the time I started the project my sculpting skills were far inferior to what I am able to do today, I needed some plain surface for sculpting female attributes onto the body.

Luckily Warlord Games had just released a number of Soviet Russians in winter clothing, so I took the opportunity to get me a box of them and started working.

jykm-1lw-5155.jpg

jykm-1lx-dd24.jpg

Unfortunately the heads I wanted to use were unavailable so I began working on the bodies alone. Not a problem for me. I am running around headless most of my time, so I know what I am doing.

jykm-1ly-7d41.jpg

After having cut out and cleaned the bases, it was time to go onto the bodies.

jykm-1m4-d9a7.jpg

jykm-1m5-a5e8.jpg

Using some greenstuff it was rather easy to make males into females. And luckily there are a lot of reference pictures  of real female soldiers in WWII. Yeah - well. Those who know me know that I normally reject reality and substitute my own. Therefore - mixed real and anime approaches to make the girls visually appealing on a greater distance.

jykm-1m0-f871.jpg

jykm-1m1-314b.jpg

jykm-1m2-5625.jpg

jykm-1m3-c2ca.jpg

Time to dry!

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 10

I do have this thing about WWII  stuff. Soviets always start Al Stewart's Roads to Moscow playing through my head.

That, however, is just me. Have FUN with the project. Thanks for the links by the way; re, I had missed post threads.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, malefactus said:

I do have this thing about WWII  stuff. Soviets always start Al Stewart's Roads to Moscow playing through my head.

That, however, is just me. Have FUN with the project. Thanks for the links by the way; re, I had missed post threads.

Well - I have my own feelings about this topic and thought I use a lot different stuff and do a more humorous approach, I still try to stay fair and respectful to it.

Thanks for the comment.

• Like 2

And some progress:

Another bunch of figures is almost ready to be primed.

jykm-1m6-c73e.jpg

jykm-1m7-8161.jpg

jykm-1m8-a8d1.jpg

jykm-1m9-8a1e.jpg

And a lot more are on the edge of becoming females. Progress!

jykm-1ma-ebb2.jpg

jykm-1mb-417f.jpg

More to come!

• Like 9

And some progress:

Copplestone's Bolshevik Heroines as command group:

jykm-1mp-5e81.jpg

jykm-1mq-4fec.jpg

Vitalia and Vladimira, two sisters from Siberia will be Commissar units. Well, makes sense. I mean - one is a chain smoker and the other one was a well-known opera singer. A perfect match. Maybe one of them will later become mayor of a small Russian town. We will see.

jykm-1mr-e501.jpg

Then there is Olga. She is our flag bearer. I have to do some improvements on her. I mean ... she should be in Winter Clothes. Not summer.

jykm-1ms-466c.jpg

And then there are Anastasia Zhukova and her bodyguard Irina. First one was a cossack girl back in the days, the latter will be an NKVD agent.

But now - let's have a look at the infantry unit:

jykm-1mt-397d.jpg

Finally there are some heads. Yay! So three figures are already ready to be painted.

jykm-1mu-dd79.jpg

And the first machine-gun team and Sergeant Jekaterina Romanova.

jykm-1mv-d06d.jpg

jykm-1mw-cd1b.jpg

jykm-1mx-b156.jpg

They all have got slightly different uniforms. I needed to do some testing for the "perfect" colour, but I think all those slight variations are great for later personality of the different characters.

Next stop: Painting!

• Like 10

A wonderful project you have going, enjoying this thread.

Very keen on Copplestone Castings, all of their "Back of Beyond" range has potential for this sort of conversion.

• Like 2

Haha. Thanks.

Yeah. I really like the Heroines. They perfectly fit to the other sculpts and still stand out.

Thanks for the comment.

First group of figures is already finished.

Check here for further:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The first group, especially the bossy Blonde, turned out WONDERFULLYOUTSTANDING WORK!

Yeah. I think afar from the Roza character, this is the best figure of the whole set of female Soviets ;-D I am really proud of her.

Thanks for the comment!

• Like 2

I like the work you're doing!  Are you aware that Bad Squiddo out of England has an assortment of Russian Female troops?  I have all of them they've come out with so far and they're quite nice.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

I like the work you're doing!  Are you aware that Bad Squiddo out of England has an assortment of Russian Female troops?  I have all of them they've come out with so far and they're quite nice.  :)

They also have the She-Wolves the female Nazi troops.

And many other female miniatures from all kinds of ranges and eras.

Might be useful for conversion purposes.

They do have a conversion corner with female heads and such as well.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

Yes I know. They weren't available when I started the project and they are all in summer uniforms. I got a couple of them for the project just to notice that they are just partially usefull. So I didn't buy more. The tank riders and tank commanders are from Annie's website.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

They also have the She-Wolves the female Nazi troops.

And many other female miniatures from all kinds of ranges and eras.

Might be useful for conversion purposes.

They do have a conversion corner with female heads and such as well.

Yeah. You know I am totally sick of all this Nazi stuff. She-wolves, werewolves, zombies ... I don't need it.

I got a lot of other female figures from Annie, though. A lot of good sculpts. I used one to create a Devola Style figure for one of my Sci Fi games. Haha.

And the heads ... yeah. Well - that's what's on my Ice Witches.

Further updates later this evening.

• Like 3