Cyradis

Astrid, Female Chronicler as Grace Desirap - by Cyr

Another wonderful figure. I still don't like the frog-green trouser, but I will admit that it absolutely fits the character.

Wonderful face and a really great and beautiful expression! Thank you for sharing her with us!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Another wonderful figure. I still don't like the frog-green trouser, but I will admit that it absolutely fits the character.

Wonderful face and a really great and beautiful expression! Thank you for sharing her with us!

She had to be ridiculous for the punk rock ::P:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Another awesome figure from you! Her face and the freehand on the guitar are off the charts. Very well done!

• Thanks 1

I really dig how you painted the face and hair, just love the expression, fits the overall look of the mini very well.

• Like 1

Difficult-to-access could be an alternate name for this figure, lol! 

• Haha 3

What is this fun of which you speak?  We're supposed to have FUN while painting?  Interesting...  :huh:::P:

I love the pain job on this.  Her face turned out particularly nice.  Those eyes must have been 'fun' to paint!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

What is this fun of which you speak?  We're supposed to have FUN while painting?  Interesting...  :huh:::P:

I love the pain job on this.  Her face turned out particularly nice.  Those eyes must have been 'fun' to paint!

The eyes went pretty darn smoothly, actually! The tough part was not messing up the face or eyes while painting hair (and similar issues in other areas). 

I also hadn't realized how this figure is conceptually tough to shade some parts. She's very vertical, so you don't get extreme highlight/shadow for the top of the leg or a raised arm, or floofy cloak. Except for the booty.... so much booty. All the klockenbooty. 

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darius Glenwell

Another one for a client of mine completed! He sent me a character illustration as inspiration for the mini. Really like this figure, and may pick him up myself, paint him in full military green for use with my IMEF Troopers! 

• By Darcstaar
      This figure is a great load off my Shelf of Shame.
      I wanted to complete it for my friend's 40th birthday, as he was supposed to come back to town for a surprise party.  I never finished it, since he changed his plans and there was no party.  He and I go back to 7th grade, and have gamed together on-and-off for the better part of 25 years.  I've gone back to complete this figure after about a 3 year hiatus.  He is my first real attempt at an NMM weapon and armor.  The challenge with the sword was the spine of the sword is soft not crisp, so getting a straight line was tough.

I asked my friend what his favorite type of character was to play.  His answer: Sword and Board fighter.
      I wanted the figure to resemble my friend: Very pale Caucasian, very light blond short hair.  Also, I wanted our high school colors to figure into the paint scheme: Green and White.

I also like to find old gems from the Reaper store that need some love and new life breathed into them!  Ashlan definitely fits the bill.

So, I present Ashlan Fellthrush, Heroic Paladin.

I had dreams at one point of making the suitable looking parts of the sword and tabard-trim into green gems, but gave up on that to get him DONE!.

Part of the reason I gave up on this figure for so long was my failure to realize my ambitious goal to paint a freehand gold NMM device on the back to match the one sculpted on the front.  The back felt like it needed something.  I tried a white dragon for a while, like the shield, but didn't like it.  So I repainted the back and tried this gold device.  It came out "good enough" after about the third try, so I moved on.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Ashlan.  In know my friend will enjoy it.  He's triple-sealed for gaming goodness.
      Now, I just have to pack him up for a safe trip to Seattle.

Thanks for reading.
      C&C Welcome.
    • By Darcstaar
      I've been wanting to paint these rat swarms since I got my Bones I shipment.
      However, the base was cut into this jagged shape, so I always delayed painting them as I waited on basing them.
      Finally, I decided to base some with a good heapin' helpin' of sand.  The other two got green stuff treatment to try to blend the base that way.
      One was wood planks, and the other was flagstones.

I tried to emphasize fur/hair in the painting.
      I totally "phoned it in" on the tails, noses and claws.
      I really didn't want to over-spend time on these guys.
      Sorry, I realize I didn't give you a good shot of the skull they are swarming over.

C&C Welcomed.

• By Lidless Eye
      My most recently complete project is the lovely ladies of Oathsworn Miniature's "Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3" Kickstarter.

As always, they are a joy to paint.  They have nice, bold details but without being overwrought.  They definitely look like a bunch of starting adventurers!  The theme this time was more exotic races, notably a bunch from "Volo's Guide to Monsters"

The ladies ascend the mountain:

The Kitsune.  She could be a lightly armored Fighter, a Rogue, or a Ranger.

The Kenku (or Tengu) Shaman.  Or Wizard.  Or Sorcerer.  Or whatever.  She's got a bone to pick with you!

The Kenku or Tengu Rogue.  I went with oranges for them to continue my previous work on the Bones Tengu...which were also dressed in orange to match the official D&D pre-paints.

The Dragonborn, could be a Fighter or Paladin.  The decision to make her red was regrettable...with that pointy face and dreads, I kept thinking of Ugandan Warrior Knuckles.  Stupid memes getting in the way!

Tabaxi or Catfolk.  I tried to go with more of a Ranger color scheme than the intended Rogue.

The other Tabaxi/Catfolk from the set.  I liked the intent of this sculpt...she could be a spellcaster, a Monk, or a Bard!

The Halfling Knight.  

Her mount was painted after my own painting gremlin, Hershey.  He would be much smaller to scale, though.

The Tiefling Paladin.  I really like the pose of this one, though I questioned the hooves, as 4E and 5E Tieflings of this design have human feet.  I may wind up greenstuffing her into boots at some point.

The Firbolg Druid.  As far as I know, this is the only miniature of a 5E style Firbolg.

The Minotaur Swashbuckler.  I bet you were expecting a cow joke here.

The terrain:

• By Darius Glenwell
      Quick two hour paint job for a client. Face was a mess, with a mold line running down the right side. Oh well, the client likes him, and looks good on the tabletop. :)

• Who's Online   49 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)