Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Alright, so the moss came in and did brighten her up. Now she has happy autumn instead of dark autumn. The lights were getting dim but I had to take some photos anyway! I might update them another time.
The colors chosen are based off real colors in actual peacocks, even the spotted sash (upper wing near shoulder) and yellow cloak (legs) and the hair (more wing colors).
The tall grass is made of real peacock feathers that I snipped and glued together. I wanted her to be going between some fantastic brush on a rocky hillside. One of the feather pieces got stuck under her arm for photos... and by the time I noticed my sunlight was gone. The flowers are from I think Floranatur? Something like that. The rock is first painted as a gneiss, then drizzled in schist dust, with actual garnets glued in as cobbles, then they got mossed a bit. Not too shabby for first real basing batch?
I intend to do a "how to peacock feathers" when 1) I get the energy to do another cloak in peacock feathers, 2) empty out my wet palette, and 3) pick a figure for it. I'll also be taking @Clever Crow's advice and increasing the contrast per feather next time.
Enough blather - you all just want pictures!
By Sophie was taken
Hopefully the first of many, this was an experiment in color - in this case, green. And while his wide stance was a problem at first, I made it work. Karahl Farstep:
Hood and cloak are both a mix of Brilliant Green and Linen White, 3:1 for the darker areas and 1:2 everywhere else. The cloak is shadowed with purple (thanks, @Cyradis!), and I think it came out pretty nicely in front. Had to redo the back due to becoming shadow happy.
For the light greens I was hoping to achieve something close to mint green, but it came out a lot more washed out and boring than hoped. So I freehanded borders around those parts with some Palomino Gold. Not daring enough to do anything fancier than that yet, but I think it makes a positive difference.
Comments and critiques welcome, I’d like to know what works or doesn’t, and what to try and do better next time.
In my current method, I don't even have to decide which figure to paint next.
Once I finished this hero, and the Mystic Theurge I could take the net six group shots.
- as I recreate the bones 2 kickstarter poster.
yet I still feel the need to decorate that big stretch of cape...
went through about Halloween themed patterns to go with the orange /black armor. the armor actually turned out redder than intended.
Hi! You might remember me from such threads as Bones - will they blend? & Painting with numbers the Laoke Way. I've been away from the paintbrush for a bit, as it's summer here in The Land Of The Future, but recently one of my wife's best friends spawned a delightful little halfling which the doting parental units decided to name Peregrine.
I know. Cute as a button! Anyways, as a gift to the little sprogling, she decided to paint up a figure for him - and, while she was at it, she painted up one for our collection at the same time!
77218: Woody Stumpwimple, Halfling Ranger
This is the one she painted up for us. I love the freehand on this one! The face is a bit naff from this angle and with the lighting being as basic as it is, but it's much better in person.
89012: Lem, Iconic Bard
And here we have Peregrine in all his diminutive glory! She's really happy with the way the face came out on him, and I have to agree - the cloak is also pretty amazeballs!
Who's Online 43 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Xiwo Xerase
- Green Eyed Monster
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Sophie was taken
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Reverend Shartan
- Lidless Eye
- Mr Melons
- Pezler the Polychromatic
- Froggy the Great