Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I painted an OOP GW metal Stegadon for my Lost World Project and added Foundry Aztec Crew.
First some pics against neutral background
And then some against my Jungle Photo Board.
I used this figure for CMPA's Adventurer Challenge, and practicing chilling out on a figure instead of going detail crazy. Naturally that meant I had to try something new on it anyway.
New: I put a lot of effort into her hair, and actually used it as practice for the hair on my ranger to get better hair methodology down.
New: I also took a stab at NMM on armor, with mixed success. Not 100% happy, but it didn't get as much effort as the hair, and I wasn't going for perfection on that part. Same with the sword, not 100% happy, but decided to be satisfied until I try another figure.
Because I couldn't resist: I decided the boots were bland, so I freehanded gladiola flowers onto her boot. Then her bra and her dagger needed flowers too. Her name is now Gladys, because she likes said flowers.
The minimal effort: Skin tones. I went for a pretty basic set, didn't go crazy on this part, but for a "good enough".
Alright, so the moss came in and did brighten her up. Now she has happy autumn instead of dark autumn. The lights were getting dim but I had to take some photos anyway! I might update them another time.
The colors chosen are based off real colors in actual peacocks, even the spotted sash (upper wing near shoulder) and yellow cloak (legs) and the hair (more wing colors).
The tall grass is made of real peacock feathers that I snipped and glued together. I wanted her to be going between some fantastic brush on a rocky hillside. One of the feather pieces got stuck under her arm for photos... and by the time I noticed my sunlight was gone. The flowers are from I think Floranatur? Something like that. The rock is first painted as a gneiss, then drizzled in schist dust, with actual garnets glued in as cobbles, then they got mossed a bit. Not too shabby for first real basing batch?
I intend to do a "how to peacock feathers" when 1) I get the energy to do another cloak in peacock feathers, 2) empty out my wet palette, and 3) pick a figure for it. I'll also be taking @Clever Crow's advice and increasing the contrast per feather next time.
Enough blather - you all just want pictures!
By Sophie was taken
Hopefully the first of many, this was an experiment in color - in this case, green. And while his wide stance was a problem at first, I made it work. Karahl Farstep:
Hood and cloak are both a mix of Brilliant Green and Linen White, 3:1 for the darker areas and 1:2 everywhere else. The cloak is shadowed with purple (thanks, @Cyradis!), and I think it came out pretty nicely in front. Had to redo the back due to becoming shadow happy.
For the light greens I was hoping to achieve something close to mint green, but it came out a lot more washed out and boring than hoped. So I freehanded borders around those parts with some Palomino Gold. Not daring enough to do anything fancier than that yet, but I think it makes a positive difference.
Comments and critiques welcome, I’d like to know what works or doesn’t, and what to try and do better next time.
In my current method, I don't even have to decide which figure to paint next.
Once I finished this hero, and the Mystic Theurge I could take the net six group shots.
- as I recreate the bones 2 kickstarter poster.
yet I still feel the need to decorate that big stretch of cape...
went through about Halloween themed patterns to go with the orange /black armor. the armor actually turned out redder than intended.
Who's Online 32 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Lidless Eye
- Olaf the Stout