pcktlnt

77366: Shadow Hound (WIP)

I purchased the Shadow Hound in Kentucky and was painting bits of it while in the hotel. The initial plan for the mini was to paint half of it and leave the other half translucent. Now that I have a base coat and some colors on it, I'm not too sure. Perhaps if it was clear translucent instead of purple it could work? Please let me know your thoughts.

20180317_214139.thumb.jpg.db755bc32316bc1dc7e2596e317ce371.jpg

20180318_190005.thumb.jpg.d25b53fa681296cc69a6e6e6bee199ef.jpg

20180318_190023.thumb.jpg.1a258b266ee9d2f5fcf93a5267861cbf.jpg

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 11

27 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

You could use some Tamiya Clear Gloss to make the rear part more translucent? 

Sounds like some shopping is necessary. :D

• Like 1

Alternately, could you darken the creases of the back with opaques for a mixed effect?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Alternately, could you darken the creases of the back with opaques for a mixed effect?

Like what I have done with the left arm, but less coverage?

21 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Like what I have done with the left arm, but less coverage?

Something like that, yeah. Or more focused in nooks and crannies, leaving the peaks translucent. *shrug*

• Like 1

Interesting idea!

And what if you bring the solid paintjob more to the red/purple spectrum?

• Like 2

Something like, take blue liner and thin it , then apply it over a small area. With a second fully dry brush, absorb the areas that would be highlights, allowing only the dips and crevices to take the tint. Basically a "controlled ink wash" will help define the shadows and still leave the translucency.

• Like 2