Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

Prehistoric Snapshot

Need to work on my basing. Still, I don't think this little Hasslefree piece came out TOO badly.

IMG_20180325_154103999.jpg.c6f52ea27b3b24772d0e42cb0581dced.jpgIMG_20180325_154113479.jpg.07e01658ba61d181553ef7e89cae9c9c.jpgIMG_20180325_154133893.jpg.51d7b7401ebf99d105b5667372bc50c9.jpg

• Like 22

Well done!  You tree makes for a very nice prehistoric cycad!  Really cool!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coydt said:

Well done!  You tree makes for a very nice prehistoric cycad!  Really cool!

Weirdly enough, this whole PIECE was about solving problems. The tree was the last of them; the base needed something for composition's sake. By sheer coincidence, the spouse found it at work and brought it home. "This is weird looking. Can you do anything with it?"

Before that, I needed something for Pebbles to lean on. Rock? Tree? I finally settled on the triceratops, but only after resculpting the neck so he was looking slightly off to his right, as opposed to dead ahead.

The Hasslefree pieces were, as always, a delight to work with. Made me glad I backed the KS.

• Like 7

She better watch out - those pinecones will hurt if they land on her head! Worse than a coconut! 

• Like 2

Super!

Dino and Cavegirl, two of my favorite subjects!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      The official arrival/departure thread for Round 2 of the Basing Edition of the Box of Goodwill.

PLEASE make sure to post when you receive the box and when you send it off.

Remember, NO CHATTER, chatter thread is here:

Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition Round 2 - Chatter Thread

SGHawkins09 - sent 2/16
      Keianna - arrived 2/20, sent 2/27
      Sylverthorne - arrived 3/1, sent 3/9
      NecroMancer - arrived 3/12, sent 3/15
      hungerfan - arrived 3/18, sent 3/23
      Ulfheathen - arrived 3/26, sent 4/2
      Aryanun - arrived 4/4, 
      hiddenone32 - new box arrived 6/11, sent 6/15
      Clearman - arrived 6/18
      Guildenstern - arrived 6/27, sent 7/2
      Shadowphaze - arrived 7/5, sent 7/9
      Generic Fighter - arrived 7/11
      Dilvish the Deliverer - arrived 8/8

Dilvish the Deliverer - sent 2/26
      Wyvernfire - arrived 2/27, sent 3/10
      Chaoswolf - arrived 3/12, sent 3/26
      Knarthex - arrived 3/28, sent 4/13
      Paradoxical Mouse - arrived 4/16
      Dragoneye - arrived 8/8, sent ReaperCon
      Kangaroorex - arrived ReaperCon, sent 9/18
      Fire_Eyes - arrived 9/20
      Keianna
      Pegazus
      SparrowMarie
      LittleBluberry
      SGHawkins09

Only two groups this time and they are fairly large so make sure to keep the boxes moving. Also you may notice Keianna is listed in both groups, this is intentional as she did not receive a box last time.
    • By LittleBluberry
      From the Kickstarter page:
      The Basius Max collection is a DOUBLE SIDED series of large solid purple resin pads, full of jaw-dropping hand-sculpted negatively recessed texture

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/984996675/basius-max?ref=friends_launched

Basius stamps are one of the most talked about hobby tools that I've never tried, mainly because they never seem to make it to retail.  This time I'm not letting frugality get in the way of awesome bases!  
    • By Kharsin
      Okay, last one for this evening. These guys are actually completions from a project I started back in 2014 called
      HASSLEFIGHTER 2014!!!!
      and mostly finished sometime this past year. I think the motivation was for "A Fist Full of Kung-Fu" which, of course, we still haven't played. At any rate, it's good to mark a shelf of shame project *mostly* complete. I played a lot of Double Dragon as a kid, and these guys bring me back there.

Ah Nostalgia! Thank you for viewing!

-K

• By Kharsin
      Hello all! It's been forever and a day since I painted or posted anything. I actually have completed a few other projects, but I've been too lazy to drag out the photo tent and take good pics. At any rate, I figured I'd throw a basically finished figure that's been sitting in the drawer of shame for... I dunno... 8mo. to a year or more! Anyhoo, I bring you Hasslefree's Joe!

What's fun is that I messed around with some flourescent pigments for his Mohawk. This is him hovering dangerously above our reef tank...

Joe was originally painted for use in a tabletop game I can't currently remember the name of, but now he may just end up in a shelf or may be destined for someone else's games. Hope you enjoyed it!

-K

• By Rat13
      I've made no secret about my opinions on Games Workshop. Though my painting box is full of their miniatures they were always bought second and sometimes third hand (I never wanted GW to get any of my money). Even my previous Cadians were bought from my local games store that has no affiliation with GW (I also know those sets and blisters came with the business when it was bought almost twenty years ago). Now I find myself in the unique position of building a Cadian army.

My wife and I used to play weekly in D&D Adventure League but with the birth of our first child it looks like that won't be possible (We want to continue gaming at our current store but its a bit of drive and the kid is at the rolling stage so she doesn't want to be held or sit in her seat; she wants to be on the floor and we all know what gameshop floors are like). I've offered to watch the child so she can go or to switch off each week but she only wants to go together. Gaming together has always been part of our relationship, and she doesn't want to lose that. I couldn't agree more, its good to share a hobby with your spouse.

That's when our friends started trying to recruit us to play Warhammer 40K with them. At first I was resistant but our friends get together often to play and in our area its always possible to find a game (Depending on the size it can be played fairly quickly in comparison to D&D too). After some discussion we decided 40K would give me something to paint, but it would also give us both something to play and eventually something to play together.

Which brings us to this new project. Since I figured watching me assemble miniatures would be pretty boring I'm starting this thread right before I prime them. So here is most of my assembled starter set (I've got quite a few cheap sets of bits arriving over the next couple weeks and I'm not exactly sure what unit I'd like to create next so that's why I have so many unfinished figures).

I'm still not a big fan of GW but having an excuse to see our friends more often is pretty nice. In a way we're kinda trading one gaming group for another (that sounds pretty mean but I think you understand what I'm saying).
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)