Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

Prehistoric Snapshot

Need to work on my basing. Still, I don't think this little Hasslefree piece came out TOO badly.

IMG_20180325_154103999.jpg.c6f52ea27b3b24772d0e42cb0581dced.jpgIMG_20180325_154113479.jpg.07e01658ba61d181553ef7e89cae9c9c.jpgIMG_20180325_154133893.jpg.51d7b7401ebf99d105b5667372bc50c9.jpg

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Coydt said:

Well done!  You tree makes for a very nice prehistoric cycad!  Really cool!

Weirdly enough, this whole PIECE was about solving problems. The tree was the last of them; the base needed something for composition's sake. By sheer coincidence, the spouse found it at work and brought it home. "This is weird looking. Can you do anything with it?"

Before that, I needed something for Pebbles to lean on. Rock? Tree? I finally settled on the triceratops, but only after resculpting the neck so he was looking slightly off to his right, as opposed to dead ahead.

The Hasslefree pieces were, as always, a delight to work with. Made me glad I backed the KS.

• Like 7

She better watch out - those pinecones will hurt if they land on her head! Worse than a coconut! 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sanael
      Anybody have a current line on Hasslefree in the United States? I know Fantization used to carry them, but not any more. Noble Knight has a small selection, but not what I need.

And obviously I can order direct, but the Atlantic is an unreasonable multiplier on shipping costs, in my experience.

Also, for as long as I've been on these forums you'd think I'd have noticed this before, but it's odd to me there's not a specific forum for "non-Reaper manufacturer discussion." This topic in particular could fit in at least three different forums without really being 100% on-topic for any of them, and could be a logical off-topic fit in a couple others. 
    • By Patrik Strom
      This is my version of Grond from Hasslefree Miniatures. I've had the figure for a while but never got around to him. I can't really tell why I picked him up now (might have been that I wanted something to try my Valejo steel color on), but after I started I had trouble putting him down. I'm really happy with how he turned out, and with very little resistance as well. I had trouble with the eyes. I would have preferred a "normal" straight ahead stare, but every time I filled the left eye it had him looking to his right. After three attempts with the same result I figured it was meant to be.

• By Morihalda
      Several friends helpfully pointed out that before I started throwing wild ideas at Ma'al's base, I should probably practice them somewhere else first. That base is on my February list, so I gotta get practicing!

Blightfang:
      - Completely covered giant base.
      - No integrated parts. I chopped 'em off.
      - Water with a "live" edge!
      - The first dragon I owned, blessed upon me by my first Box of Goodwill group, and a perfect fit for a Silversage dragon.

Narthrax:
      - Plain, round, smaller base.
      - Rocks from his original base are staying.
      - Probably no water.
      - He's just plain cool. He's gonna be my Boelen's python!

I used PVA glue to put the cork together, and hot glued everything to the bases. Thank you for your sacrifices, peanut butter and pickle lids!

I fell in love with Paepercut's youtube channel after @Clearman mentioned it in my Ma'al thread. Y'all. That guy is SO COOL. The vast majority of the things I'll be doing here are from his videos. And if I don't think they are, they probably still are because I'm forgetful like that.   Onward!

Actually. Onward in a little bit. I gotta go check out the nearest store and see if they have distilled water for the next steps. Be right back!
    • By Glitterwolf
      This is an OOP Metal Terradon from Games Workshop.

Its'now part of my Welcome to the Jungle Terrain / Diorama Piece which in turn is part of my Lost World Project.
      Hope you enjoy.

Here he comes soaring over the ruins ( Kaladrax's original Base)

• By lexomatic
      I have an Hasslefree HFN002 "Louise" mini.  I intend to paint her up as author Gemma Files, to be added to a diorama complete by the end of February. Here is the  before pic.

• Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 98 Guests (See full list)