Sign in to follow this  
dunker79

Bjorn, Dwarven Warrior

21 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Great take on this figure!

The phone/backdrop is doing the job nicely.

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

Glad you guys like it, thanks!!

Excellent! 

Your NMM is great, and I like your choice of teal for the cloth and leather bits, to complement his red-orange hair.
If you are looking for a next step (or two) to take, I suggest...

1) higher highlights on the leather and skin (and even a little glint of light in his eyes).  Leather and skin naturally have a smooth/oily surface that reflects light, at least when they are clean.  When I do NMM on figures, I have to step up the highlights on the other materials (leather, skin, hair, smooth stone, etc.) or they sometimes look dull by comparison.

2) subtle reflections of the surrounding colors in the NMM, such as the underside of the knee-plates or shield.  I add these after I've put the figure on its base, added grass or other scenery.

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Derek

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dks said:

Excellent! 

Your NMM is great, and I like your choice of teal for the cloth and leather bits, to complement his red-orange hair.
If you are looking for a next step (or two) to take, I suggest...

1) higher highlights on the leather and skin (and even a little glint of light in his eyes).  Leather and skin naturally have a smooth/oily surface that reflects light, at least when they are clean.  When I do NMM on figures, I have to step up the highlights on the other materials (leather, skin, hair, smooth stone, etc.) or they sometimes look dull by comparison.

2) subtle reflections of the surrounding colors in the NMM, such as the underside of the knee-plates or shield.  I add these after I've put the figure on its base, added grass or other scenery.

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Derek

Oh my goodness, thank your so much Derek for taking the time to provide feedback on my work! Will certainly try my best to incorporate your advice in my next project. Thank you again most appreciated !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Auberon
      I have had some VMA Signal Red (metallic) gathering dust for quite a while, so this morning I decided to try it out.  Three hours later (including finding and shaking the paint) I have a complete test subject. I think that given the time to really work with it a person could do a decent TMM red with it.  As is, I have a tabletop ready dwarf.

• By Patrik Strom
      This is my version of Grond from Hasslefree Miniatures. I've had the figure for a while but never got around to him. I can't really tell why I picked him up now (might have been that I wanted something to try my Valejo steel color on), but after I started I had trouble putting him down. I'm really happy with how he turned out, and with very little resistance as well. I had trouble with the eyes. I would have preferred a "normal" straight ahead stare, but every time I filled the left eye it had him looking to his right. After three attempts with the same result I figured it was meant to be.

• By Loim
      I started this conversion a loooong time ago for a friend who needed a dorf with an axe, and I did not at the time have a dorf with an axe. I was never quite happy with it, and the game died quickly. I forgot all about this little guy until recently, and I decided to finish him, and queue him up for the paints. I initially started with a clay weapon sculpt, but while I was fiddling with it it broke. In a fit of rage I cut a piece of aluminum stock and after a few hours of shaping we got here. I did a bit more shaping after this photo, and I plan on doing a bit of Apoxie Sculpt to blend in where the old weapon was cut away. For the surgery I used a #11 Scalpel. All the shaping was done with a #8 Double Cut Mill Bastard and diamond files. 

• By lazarp
      So I painted this one for a friend to use as his goliath fighter in our dnd campaign.
      It was a quick and easy paint, since he asked me to keep it simple. I like how it turned out considering the printing quallity
      Also, the blade of his original sword broke of, so I replaced it with a warhammer empire greatsword blade 

• By paedia
      Trista is one of my favorite sculpts; I really love that she is in practical (but still super cool) armor. I wasn't that keen on her existing sword, so I swapped it out for one of the swords on the sprues that came with Bones 3 (I think).

So far, I have some basic lighting blocked in and have done much of the work on her face and hair.

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 93 Guests (See full list)