Sign in to follow this  
dunker79

Bjorn, Dwarven Warrior

21 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Great take on this figure!

The phone/backdrop is doing the job nicely.

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

Glad you guys like it, thanks!!

Excellent! 

Your NMM is great, and I like your choice of teal for the cloth and leather bits, to complement his red-orange hair.
If you are looking for a next step (or two) to take, I suggest...

1) higher highlights on the leather and skin (and even a little glint of light in his eyes).  Leather and skin naturally have a smooth/oily surface that reflects light, at least when they are clean.  When I do NMM on figures, I have to step up the highlights on the other materials (leather, skin, hair, smooth stone, etc.) or they sometimes look dull by comparison.

2) subtle reflections of the surrounding colors in the NMM, such as the underside of the knee-plates or shield.  I add these after I've put the figure on its base, added grass or other scenery.

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Derek

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dks said:

Excellent! 

Your NMM is great, and I like your choice of teal for the cloth and leather bits, to complement his red-orange hair.
If you are looking for a next step (or two) to take, I suggest...

1) higher highlights on the leather and skin (and even a little glint of light in his eyes).  Leather and skin naturally have a smooth/oily surface that reflects light, at least when they are clean.  When I do NMM on figures, I have to step up the highlights on the other materials (leather, skin, hair, smooth stone, etc.) or they sometimes look dull by comparison.

2) subtle reflections of the surrounding colors in the NMM, such as the underside of the knee-plates or shield.  I add these after I've put the figure on its base, added grass or other scenery.

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Derek

Oh my goodness, thank your so much Derek for taking the time to provide feedback on my work! Will certainly try my best to incorporate your advice in my next project. Thank you again most appreciated !