rainman1

How do I attach a weapon that I sculpted separately on to the miniatures hands?

Do you have pics?

It depends if the mini's hands are open or closed.

What kind of weapon and do you have a certain pose in mind?

Normally I would say , the same way as you attach a weapon to a multipartmini.

Superglue.

Maybe if the hands are closed you need to cut the weapon in two parts to glue it on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Do you have pics?

It depends if the mini's hands are open or closed.

What kind of weapon and do you have a certain pose in mind?

Normally I would say , the same way as you attach a weapon to a multipartmini.

Superglue.

Maybe if the hands are closed you need to cut the weapon in two parts to glue it on.

Or another option is to drill out the hand(s), slice the hands open and insert the weapon.

• Like 3

Sorry about that, I put up some pics now. I don't know how to go about this, I am at this stage of my miniature and don't know if i should attach the gun to the hand right now, or if i should sculpt the hands fully, aswell as the gun, than attach them? Also, I read somewhere that superglue can interfere with the mold making process, and I do plan on getting this miniature casted by a professional. One of the pics shows how i want the gun positioned on the hand.

IMG_20180326_181510 (1).jpg

Edited by rainman1

Ah, I see, I totally misunderstood.  You attach it after sculpting the body details. I don't even pose the arms until the body is done to keep them out of the way.  Then you pose the arms and make a hand armature and attach the weapon to that.

Essentially, I locate the hand, flatten it, shape the spoon end, and glue the weapon to it with putty or epoxy.  Then once cured, sculpt the hand over the weapon.  I'll look and see if I have any pictures I can share.  Might take me until tomorrow though.

Edit:

OK, I did this in my Cyber Lady sculpt.  Here is the WIP page where I do the weapon sculpting.

• Like 4

There's a video by Tom Mason on this very subject that I watched recently - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNJqd1dFDc

It came in very useful when I needed to add a pistol to a figure :-)

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rainbow Sculptor
      Hey guys! Sorry I haven't stayed active here. It is something I want to be more consistent about. 

I sculpted this lethargic little sloth in my spare time over the last few months. I'm pretty happy with how he came out and learned a lot of new things along the way. There's also some of the in progress pics and the original concept art. Critiques and feedback always welcome!

He's still in need of a name, any ideas? 
      Thanks for taking a look!
      -CVP

(PS: the rabbit is still a WIP)

• By Valygar Corthala
      I have noticed that for many of the miniatures for sale the models can be seen holding different weapons if there are multiple pictures. A good example is this cleric pictured with a hammer, sword, and mace in different pictures. https://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03427

I am wondering if this mini comes with all 3 weapons which can be changed once purchased/ just one weapon and there is a way to choose which one you want/ these are modifications that have been made by users to the base miniature.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By emmagine
      The other half has taken to figure sculpting.  I managed to sneak a pic of the concept work and one of the pieces she's working on before she caught me and threw me out of the room :P  

Her concept art, and one of the pieces she's currently sculpting.  The one being sculpted, only has half the arms attached, and the face is still being worked on. (as is the mushroom cap)

• By neZnaika
      Hi all! Let me introduce K`Dai.

Resin. Base 100x150 mm.

• By ChristopherGeorge
      Hey folks!

First timer here, though I must admit to lurking through the forums for quite some time before I got up the nerve to post something. I've only recently discovered Bones and I must say that i'm absolutely amazed with it. In a fit of curiosity I bought some green stuff from the local hobby store and went about trying to make my own miniatures. (This post isn't about that) the results were less than photo worthy, but i'm still working on it, so maybe i'll have something to show for my efforts. 

Anyways, i'm getting distracted, I'm currently running a home brew role-playing game with some friends and one of my players has been lamenting the fact that there aren't any red bearded Barbarian characters. (He sports a mighty beard.) I searched through the Bones stock and found that he was right - there really wasn't anything that suited. Then I remembered something that someone had posted in the craft corner about trying to modify miniatures before You try to sculpt your own. And Oh Boy - were they right. My apologies about the shots they were taken on my phone. 

I started with Goldar the Barbarian

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/goldar/latest/77047

Who as you can see is beardless, but he's got a nice well defined neck and I thought he'd be perfect to add a beard. As you can see the photo below i'm still a beginner as far as painting but I was very surprised how easy and effective a little bit of Green stuff goes. To whom ever suggested modification of Bones as a learning step you have my heartfelt thanks, You've made a certain red bearded barbarian very happy!

Keep on Gaming!

Chris

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)