rainman1

How do I attach a weapon that I sculpted separately on to the miniatures hands?

Do you have pics?

It depends if the mini's hands are open or closed.

What kind of weapon and do you have a certain pose in mind?

Normally I would say , the same way as you attach a weapon to a multipartmini.

Superglue.

Maybe if the hands are closed you need to cut the weapon in two parts to glue it on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Do you have pics?

It depends if the mini's hands are open or closed.

What kind of weapon and do you have a certain pose in mind?

Normally I would say , the same way as you attach a weapon to a multipartmini.

Superglue.

Maybe if the hands are closed you need to cut the weapon in two parts to glue it on.

Or another option is to drill out the hand(s), slice the hands open and insert the weapon.

• Like 3

Sorry about that, I put up some pics now. I don't know how to go about this, I am at this stage of my miniature and don't know if i should attach the gun to the hand right now, or if i should sculpt the hands fully, aswell as the gun, than attach them? Also, I read somewhere that superglue can interfere with the mold making process, and I do plan on getting this miniature casted by a professional. One of the pics shows how i want the gun positioned on the hand.

IMG_20180326_181510 (1).jpg

Edited by rainman1

Ah, I see, I totally misunderstood.  You attach it after sculpting the body details. I don't even pose the arms until the body is done to keep them out of the way.  Then you pose the arms and make a hand armature and attach the weapon to that.

Essentially, I locate the hand, flatten it, shape the spoon end, and glue the weapon to it with putty or epoxy.  Then once cured, sculpt the hand over the weapon.  I'll look and see if I have any pictures I can share.  Might take me until tomorrow though.

Edit:

OK, I did this in my Cyber Lady sculpt.  Here is the WIP page where I do the weapon sculpting.

• Like 4

There's a video by Tom Mason on this very subject that I watched recently - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNJqd1dFDc

It came in very useful when I needed to add a pistol to a figure :-)

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now