Rainbow Sculptor

Barbarian Sculpt

It was a hard to get started today. I burned a sculpt yesterday (boiled it from the inside out) and lost a lot of time investment. But I made it to the desk this morning and got to work giving this guy a cool axe and a giant shield! 

I also restarted my burned sculpt and I'll be moving on to her after I finish this guy up. 

Only a few more things left to do for him. Gonna put everything together tomorrow and give him some hands to hold on to stuff. He'll get a hairdo and I'll need to fix the bottom of his boot that's been cracking. 

IMG_20180818_164401.jpg

IMG_20180818_165846.jpg

• Like 11

Dang!  That shield is several flavors of fantastic.

The axe looks good, but also looks too thin for that whole blade to fill with metal properly.

Big hugs on that thumb and boiled sculpt. :down: This is looking awesome though!!

Are you baking with exposed wires and green stuff? I've been hesitant to put in uncovered procreate/green stuff/apoxie sculpt in the oven.

(As I'm typing this, I'm thinking I remember y'all saying that it gets really hot during casting? But some of it gets mushed to nothing?)

21 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Big hugs on that thumb and boiled sculpt. :down: This is looking awesome though!!

Are you baking with exposed wires and green stuff? I've been hesitant to put in uncovered procreate/green stuff/apoxie sculpt in the oven.

(As I'm typing this, I'm thinking I remember y'all saying that it gets really hot during casting? But some of it gets mushed to nothing?)

Yes, I bake with exposed wires and exposed GS/Apoxie/Procreate isn't a problem as long as it's fully cured. I baked Apoxie before it was cured and it bubbled up pretty bad so just make sure it's had enough time to set or use a putty oven to speed up the setting process.

• Thanks 3

Almost done. Just need hands and finishing touches on the weaponry and fix that front shoe. 3 days till ReaperCon gotta go go go!!

IMG_20180825_144549~2.jpg

Also forgot to post updated pics of the shield. I chopped it shorter, hollowed it out, made a different end design element, and resculpted the interior which now includes the edge banding.

IMG_20180825_145419.jpg

Edited by Rainbow Sculptor
  • Like 10