Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Dwarf King On Throne

His beard is a great triumph for dwarvenkind!

• Like 1

It is not a terrible job at all! 

Lovely miniature & paintjob 

If I may my only advice would be not to use what seems to be pure white on the horns & teeth. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cyradis said:

His beard is a great triumph for dwarvenkind!

I felt bad about this in part because I was too lazy to dry-brush a little highlight onto the beard, even, lol.

9 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

It is not a terrible job at all! 

Lovely miniature & paintjob 

If I may my only advice would be not to use what seems to be pure white on the horns & teeth. 

Yeah, it's pretty dang bad on the horns lol. I kinda like the white teeth, but I may hit the horns with a wash or something one day to try to tone it down. They were a pain. Actually somehow managed to look even worse with the more off-white bone shade I had on it before. I finally just slapped that on to get it off the table for now.

Turrible decisions everywhere.

Still, fantastic set piece.

I kinda wish the king had been metal.

• Like 1

I don't know... with the axe, horned helmet, long hair and beard he looks pretty metal to me ::):

He will make a great set piece as the party is dragged from the dungeon and dumped in a pile before the mighty king who will express his severe displeasure at something the party did.

• Like 2

I think you did a pretty good job on him.:winkthumbs:

Don't be so hard on yourself.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Laoke
      So while I've been painting some figures, my delightfully talented wife has been indulging her artistic streak.  Basically she saw my feeble attempts, said "hold my tea!" and proceeded to give me a much needed humility lesson : )
      While I've taught her everything I know, I in no way have taught her everything she knows... and it shows a bit, especially with her freehand : )

77501: Minotaur
      He's big, he's blue, and he's coming to a labyrinth near you!

77022: Michelle, Female Human Ranger
      I just adore the shading & freehand on her cloak.

77441: Ostarzha, Elf Cleric
      The freehand on this is very subtle and hard to see, but utterly gorgeous.

Translucent Green Weapon Sprue

And while it doesn't really fit here, I can't see myself making a separate topic for it.  Here's one of the green weapon sprue weapons I painted up with Tamiya Clear Green on the blade & pommel.

Whosoever pulls this sword from this lump of blue "granite" will be the Queen of the Kingdom!

• By brehaut
      This weekend I painted up half the bones Familiars 1 set—the wolf, bat, and cat—as part of my plan to make it through some of my backlog. It’s been a really rewarding and fun set to paint, none of the minis take long, and despite the most of the figures being tiny the easy access to reference material made them pretty straight forward.

• By BellTower
      Painted Amiri up as a Goliath barbarian.
    • By Zink
      Grabbed this mini because I wanted to try out the Golden skin triad. I've also been reading and watching a bunch of painting tutorials and wanted to do a better job than my usual slop and smear. Pretty happy with how she turned out but disappointed somewhat with the metal on the weapons and her hair. Didn't realise you can't see her eyes very good in the photo until now but I even did a decent job on them. Would be happy to get any feedback on how to improve her hair and weapons. Someday I need to get some makeup tips too because whenever I try to do it on my lady's they look like a drunken nightmare.

• By SparrowMarie
      I started a second first giant queen recently. I've done a fair amount of work on her so far but still have a long way to go.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)