Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

Dwarf King On Throne

It is not a terrible job at all! 

Lovely miniature & paintjob 

If I may my only advice would be not to use what seems to be pure white on the horns & teeth. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cyradis said:

His beard is a great triumph for dwarvenkind!

I felt bad about this in part because I was too lazy to dry-brush a little highlight onto the beard, even, lol.

9 hours ago, NyarlaBcn said:

It is not a terrible job at all! 

Lovely miniature & paintjob 

If I may my only advice would be not to use what seems to be pure white on the horns & teeth. 

Yeah, it's pretty dang bad on the horns lol. I kinda like the white teeth, but I may hit the horns with a wash or something one day to try to tone it down. They were a pain. Actually somehow managed to look even worse with the more off-white bone shade I had on it before. I finally just slapped that on to get it off the table for now.

Turrible decisions everywhere.

Still, fantastic set piece.

I kinda wish the king had been metal.

• Like 1

I don't know... with the axe, horned helmet, long hair and beard he looks pretty metal to me ::):

He will make a great set piece as the party is dragged from the dungeon and dumped in a pile before the mighty king who will express his severe displeasure at something the party did.

• Like 2

I think you did a pretty good job on him.:winkthumbs:

Don't be so hard on yourself.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      So I'm going to be starting a dwarven reclamation campaign in the fall, and I had 2 copies of the Dwarf butcher. I though it would be perfect to do one as a living butcher (who I can also use as an NPC townie) and his barbarian ancestor spirit that I can put on the table when he's a ragin'.
      So far the living butcher is mostly done (need to do his base and some touchups - I don't know how all of you are doing the eyes, because I can't see them even with a visor), and the ghostly ancestor is mostly done minus the ghostly glow I'll be drybrushing later. I do have a few process pics to post.

• By Pingo
      I'm working up some modern adventurers. I've always rather liked the sort of British modness of this figure.

For Bones, I prime with some thinned-down Reaper Brown Liner, which both shows details and gives a paint-friendly surface for later layers to grip.

All paints used (after the primer) are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

Usually I rough in the skin first. This is pretty rough. It's a simple mix of Titanium White and Burnt Sienna, with a bit of pink mixed from Titanium White and Red Oxide. I left the eye socket with the primer showing. This figure kind of wants to be colored 1960's-style, with very dramatic eye makeup and almost invisible lips, but I think I will try something different.

• By Pochi
      I painted another little mouseling druid. I went with a darker, grumpier scheme with this one. I love painting the mouselings!

• By JGroeling
      Recently finished this for @Kangaroorex had a lot of fun playing with the spring theme and a monster. Also first time I've tried to build a flower (wire with paper wrapping for leaves, heavier paper for flower itself, and magicsculpt for some of the other details).

Mama Werecroc with baby Croc, watering a swampflower. 

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)