dks

60206 Octavio Sabinus, Hellknight, Order of the Torrent

Holy cats! This is amazing. Fantastic sculpt, and your paint job is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. 

That's a beautiful miniature, both the sculpt and the paintjob are very good. 

I really like the hellknight lore and I think this miniature really captures their atmosphere!

Edited by Tumalis

I'm not familiar with the fluff, would love to read it!

The mini?

Awesome sculpt, love the sealife theme!

Excellent paintjob as always.

• Like 1

Thank you, all!

@Glitterwolf : Read more about Hellknights, and specifically the Order of the Torrent, at the Pathfinder Wiki!

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Hellknight

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Torrent

@Darius Glenwell : Good, I hope this recipe works out for you!  Be sure to show off those figures after you paint them.

I thought at first that Deep Amethyst would look too purple to appear "black", so I was going to use the Dark Elf Skin triad (purple-gray), but this looks good to me, especially next to the blue tabard/cloak.

I used the Dark Elf colors in the "silver" details and the "steel" halberd-blade.

Derek

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I just want you to know that if I was an Illithid I would ambush you and suck out your brains so I could eat your talent and acquire your powers.  You and those people who can do Rubik's puzzles in less than ten seconds.  And then I would rule this world with an iron fist. 

Fortunately for you, I am not an Illithid.  But if you see me at ReaperCon with a corkscrew, best run just in case I've gotten clever. 

• Haha 13

First of all, Wow! This went straight to my inspiration folder. I love all things aquatic so this is right up my alley. The barnacles are such a wonderful detail and the subtle blue reflection from the water is just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us as always, Derek.

Secondly, as Buglips' keeper, I apologize and will do my best to keep any and all corkscrews away from him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Guindyloo said:

Secondly, as Buglips' keeper, I apologize and will do my best to keep any and all corkscrews away from him.

The absolute second your back is turned, I'm running with a pair of scissors.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By haldir
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dynamiteent/pathfinder-limited-edition-statue

Seen this one over on the Paizo blog page. For fans of Seoni, the iconic sorcerer class in Pathfinder. Love that there is a unpainted version & it's based off the 1st edition artwork.

The unpainted version is a $99 dollar pledge.

• By BellTower
      Did a fair bit of free hand with this. Really enjoyable process.  Quite happy with how it turned out.

• By Geoff Davis
      14465: Durin Dwarf Pathfinder Sgt sculpted by Tom Mason.  I never would have tried this blue and bronze colour scheme of my own choice, but one of the players in my D&D game requested it, and now I like it. 

• By haldir
      I think I've decided on what adventure to run:

Seers of the Drowned City

This is a 6th level adventure.

Stats, roll 4d6 drop the lowest die
      No evil alignments, CN allowed
      HPs, Max 1st level & then either avg or roll, ignoring 1s.
      Gear: As I said before work with me on what you want for your level. Normal equipment, you can have, even plate if you want but remember the title of the adventure. Magical items: Hmmm it's been awhile but since this adventure is kinda of a sequel to Ire of the Storm, I'm gonna draw the treasures out of that one & post & let the party pick what they want out of that.
      Class: Everything, including Unchained versions
      Races: Hmmm work with me but I'm flexible
      Traits: Allowed, up to 2.

Any questions: Post here & I'll do my best to answer.

If you have any interest, feel free to post. First 4 are definitely in & possible 5th or 6th.

With me having a home 5e game now, I'm letting my Pathfinder knowledge slip a bit so I wanna at least keep 1st ed alive for me till 2nd comes out.

• By Auberon
      My partner this time around was Clearman.  He requested a heroic character painted heroically, and nothing says heroic quite like the word "Hellknight."  Of course, I haven't actually played the adventure(s) that Pathfinder Hellknights appear in so maybe they are cuddly people.  We'll say she just finished up a heroic day of undead slaying.

Metals are TMM, which my camera hates, but I think I managed to get a few decent shots.  For something different I painted the base using pigments rather than hobby paints. I used the wet method of applying them and the color shift is huge, so I wasn't sure how they would come out until they dried.  Of course you can be intentionally sloppy because any pigments on the mini's boots just help "tie the figure to its base." I freehanded some wood grain onto the shaft of the weapon just to add some interest to the boring space.

• Who's Online   29 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)