Automohawk

A gnome knight? Yeah, I can't find one.

My gaming group is starting a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game and I made a gnome knight (aka warrior) that wears full plate with a full faced helmet.  I had no idea how hard it would be to find a mini for him.  Anyone have a suggestion?

I've considered just getting a knight from a smaller scale mini line, say 15-18mm, but finding good ones isn't easy.

StoneHaven has some gnomes in armour. None wearing a helm.

And these gnomes are Tiny.

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

• Like 7

I was just about to recommend Stonehaven. You might also want to try some of the Hasslefree dwarfs - they're smaller than normal dwarfs and have rather gnome-like proportions. You should definitely check out Stonehaven as well 'though.

A small selection of the more heavily armoured Hasslefree dwarfs below.

hf1.jpg

hf2.jpg

hf3.jpg

hf4.jpg

hf5.jpg

• Like 6

Iron Wind Metals - they have all the old true-25mm Ral Partha sculpts...  Depending on whether or not you want a full beard, they may have something for you...

You wouldn't be getting them anytime soon enough to do you any good, but there's a few gnome knights in the Kickstarter's Darkreach expansion that look like they're what you want.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:49 PM, Dai-Mongar said:

I was going to ask the same question, but suggest Iris, by Sandra Garrity. One of my favorite gnomes. Her lion armor is really awesome.

For males, @Xiwo Xerase suggested Fingal, and I like him a bunch as well... You might also check out the Bloodstone Gnomes from the Warlord line, especially the tunnel knights.

I would also suggest Stonehaven, they're good people who make good minis.

6 hours ago, DavePgh said:

You wouldn't be getting them anytime soon enough to do you any good, but there's a few gnome knights in the Kickstarter's Darkreach expansion that look like they're what you want.

*goes and looks at my KS order*

Yep......That's what I'm looking for.  I may use the Bloodstone Tunnel Knight but do some modifications.  Like head swap him and the Deep Gnome Warrior and give him a new sword and shield.  I like the Deep Gnomes helm better but want a more standard sword and board.  It's been awhile since I've looked at what I was getting in KS 4.  I'll probably use one of the other suggestions here till that stuff gets here then do the mods.

*edit* our gaming group tends to play the same campaign for a long time and sporadiclly.  The GURPS campaign we just finished has been going for years.  For two of the characters it's been 10+ years.  When your gaming group consists entirely of family it happens.

Edited by Automohawk
Added info
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Automohawk said:

*goes and looks at my KS order*

Yep......That's what I'm looking for.  I may use the Bloodstone Tunnel Knight but do some modifications.  Like head swap him and the Deep Gnome Warrior and give him a new sword and shield.  I like the Deep Gnomes helm better but want a more standard sword and board.  It's been awhile since I've looked at what I was getting in KS 4.  I'll probably use one of the other suggestions here till that stuff gets here then do the mods.

*edit* our gaming group tends to play the same campaign for a long time and sporadiclly.  The GURPS campaign we just finished has been going for years.  For two of the characters it's been 10+ years.  When your gaming group consists entirely of family it happens.

The tunnel knight is available in metal from the store.

5 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

The tunnel knight is available in metal from the store.

You are correct.  I was just looking at that and I think I'll use that one till the bones one comes in for modification.  Bones are sooooo much easier to mod.  Thanks for all the suggestions people.  =)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Automohawk said:

You are correct.  I was just looking at that and I think I'll use that one till the bones one comes in for modification.  Bones are sooooo much easier to mod.  Thanks for all the suggestions people.  =)

I think we all would like to see the painted / converted versions!

On 3/28/2018 at 4:24 PM, Mad Jack said:

Iron Wind Metals - they have all the old true-25mm Ral Partha sculpts...  Depending on whether or not you want a full beard, they may have something for you...

I used a lot of these for Gnomes, the old Ral Partha dwarves are so small that they are a perfect stand in for Gnomes.

• Like 1