sorcerersapprentice

Squareware: A special dice kit for the DM

Squareware has now launched on Kickstarter. I'm seeking funding to prototype and mass manufacture a very special dice kit I have developed that combines the best features of a Box, Bag, Mats and Dice to give you millions of instant creative solutions during or while building your RPG - and - help the DM eliminate creative, mental and physical fatigue; minimize the need for manuals; free up space behind the DM screen; allow you to craft entire quest concepts in seconds; and make it easy on your shoulders, bag or pocket to carry. #dice #rpg #dnd #tabletop #gaming

• Like 2

Fantastic idea!

I think I'm looking for a game aid that is less an idea or quest generator, than ones for dungeon details and contents, and city encounters and descriptions. So I hope you put out more game aids like this in the future. I also would like to see some sort of program (PDF file, spreadsheet, whatever) that lets a user create their own mat. Best wishes on the project!

Hey there - I didn't understand your first paragraph - but if you check it out now you'll see it covers a huge range of new things, and I am attempting to build an automated Artificial PC Intelligence into it - it includes a lot of new things now.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      The Machu Picchu Vol.2 are... the best kind of weird :D. 
      They are:
      the world's first 4 elements dice :3 a blend between 3 kinds of awesome craftsmanship, a symbol for a truly fascinating corner of the world.                  This way, something as simple as a dice design becomes an opportunity to create something incredibly unique. We feel confident to say there's really nothing quite like them.
       Choose between ANY of our AWESOME designs and wood types :o
      KLAZIK
      They might remind you of the classic dice design, yet they are not. We take on the classic forms and transform them into something bold and new.
      APU
      'Apu' is quechua for 'mountain-god'. We wanted something simple, that would take inspiration of elements and forms found in the Inca culture and its landscape, and give back something different and beautiful.
      CALENDAR
      For these, we use gorgeous iconography from the annual calendar of the Incas, as well as the chakana (Inca’s symbol for the Tree of Life). A masterpiece.
      PACHA
      Inspired by 'Pachamama', the inca goddess known as the mother of earth and time, this beautiful design embraces and evolves upon traditional iconography from the Andes.

Last campaign was amazing. We are immensely grateful to everyone who: first believed in us, then gave us such heart whelming comments and feedback, and finally... encouraged us to come back :) We owed it to them to do it right! 
      DOPE feedback from our 1st campaign! :) So... we tested, tested and then tested some more. We tried many new materials and toolings. We've been hopeful and discouraged... excited and depressed... jumping around and flat on the floor.. Until (finally!)...

• By Crowley
      In the Storm King's Thunder campaign I'm playing in we've had 2 encounters with an ancient blue dragon named Iymrith. I don't have a painted blue dragon... And my very pregnant DM isn't going to get one bought and painted before we need her, so...

Digging through my minis, I figured Narthrax was as close as I've got. It was going to be blue anyway (or dessert sands brown) so that was my top choice. I also thought about the wizkids dragons, but the FLGS only had the green, and I wasn't all that impressed with the sculpt. I'd rather drop $30 on another Narthrax if I'm gonna paint a brown one in the future.

Tonight I pulled her out, scrubbed her down, and started working on her base.
      She could probably for on a smaller base, but with her wingspan, and the fact that she's an ancient dragon, I figure she deserves it.

and the cork will give her some extra height. 

It helps her look even bigger as compared to Blightfang!

More to come!
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/901436411/nuclear-dice?ref=discovery

About
      Hi friends.
      If you want to blow someone up and make your strategic game more realistic or may be - this is a new big dice project fot you!
      I will try to make a good set, possibly there will be two different sets.
      Till this project be alive - i`ll present new models and after this we`ll decide what to do. Also i want to see your reaction - if this project will be interesting for you.
      And one important thing - i do not advocate war and wish that such things are used only in games. Not in real life - be wise and humanity.
      Thanks to all.
      With support

• By Metalchaos
      Here's Niles Nimbletoe, the Rogue in our D&D group. 02769, Woody the Halfling Ranger is Dark Heaven Legends model sculpted by Werner Klocke.
      It's a model I had already painted a long time ago. I refreshed the colors and I added mud on his coat. This little guy is so tiny I monted it on a 20mm base.

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      = (C utting - E gde L uminous) polyhedral dice sets
      (Video in HD also here: YOUTUBE)
      Hello to all you dice lovers over there,
      perhaps some of you know our beststeller ICY ROCKS
      ICY ROCKS (Design by me, producer: BESCON) and some of you also saw our project DICE IN SPACE.
      DICE IN SPACE at 33.6 km in the stratosphere (original screenshot)  
      So, what's next?
      One of our ideas was... how about some dice that look like IN space?
      With the help of BESCON we tested some versions and we are proud to start the next stage of glow in the dark (gitd/ luminous/ noctilucent) dice:
      NORTHERN LIGHTS polyhedral dice set
      NORTHERN LIGHTS polyhedral set day/ night 1 Set = 7 different polyhedral dice (in a brick box)
      light blue translucent dice with silver glitter and green GLOW IN THE DARK nebulas
      and
      DEEP SPACE polyhedral dice set
      DEEP SPACE polyhedral dice set day/ night 1 Set = 7 different polyhedral dice (in a brick box)
      dark blue translucent dice with silver glitter and blue GLOW IN THE DARK nebulas

NORTHERN LIGHTS and DEEP SPACE are made out of blue translucent material with silver glitter.
      We achieved the glow in the dark effect with a nebula technique.
      FUNDED IN 14 HOURS!
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)