Not much action so far; I was only able to paint at lunch once this week, and did a couple of 1/72 knights, but need six to base up a stand.  I did some metal cleaning today and I'm priming some of the orcs I want for my Dragon Rampant war bands, so I guess that's some sort of progress.

• Like 5

I've started taking photos and editing them, I just have a small handful of minis left from Minivember that need doing. I built a boat for Husband's 4E game last night, still have another one to do but forgot to put these in my list of to dos. 

• Like 6

Whatever else may happen, it won’t be a zero month; these foot knights in 1/72 got their varnish coat this morning:

A76A2F30-10F6-44D9-80C7-012B2E0CDF6D.thumb.jpeg.edb5fdafb26a8084b10a914706f2a1ac.jpeg

• Like 8

Since last Friday I have built 5 more boats and started painting SoB. It's been a busy week. Still working on Minivember photos though.

• Like 7

On 3/31/2018 at 9:06 PM, Auberon said:

Pretty much the same as last month.

That said, one of my coworkers was talking about starting a DnD group.  If it happens and they use minis I'll look into painting a PC for myself.  Given I have 20 20s of minis in Bones and another 20 20s of metal I should be able to find something...

Now that there is a game going and my DM  lacks minis, it's time to change the goals.  We need:

1. A halfling bard.  I never painted Lem, the iconic pathfinder bard so he is now based.  Once the glue dries he'll get the Bones brown liner treatment.
  2. The campaign is set on a newly discovered continent.  So far we have met merfolk (some now dead), pirates (now dead), primitive humans (none dead), and their giant lizards *cough*dinosaurs*cough*.  The Lost Valley expansion would be perfect, except for the tiny detail of me not having one.  So instead I have out three jungle frogs and two turtle people.
  3. I also broke out a marsh troll.  He is already lined but needed a base - on which the glue is now drying.
  • Like 6

When I got back from AdeptiCon, I looked at my painting desk.  I had packed up a bunch of paints, brushes, minis, etc, and, while it was not clean (not by a long shot!), it actually looked like a usable space for a change.  I looked at the desk, looked at the pile of new acquisitions, looked at the desk, looked at the pile, and decided that I was going to keep the desk fairly empty.  (Well,. actually, I resolved to keep cleaning stuff off it, but. . . )  I am currently trying to limit myself to one project at a time - more specifically, one unit at a time.  I will pick a unit from a game, work on it for up to 1 week, and then decide to keep working on it, or put it away and switch to something else.  If I finish early, I get to choose something, but the same "1 at a time" applies.  (The only exception is basing - I can do simple basing of stuff while waiting for washes to dry, so I am trying to clear a backlog of stuff that needs to be based before I go much further anyway).

I finished up a test squad of Stormtroopers for Legion, and am now trying out some pico scale Soviets.

30714531_10216076348449742_1151183198198169600_n.jpg

30741755_10216079354724897_51851795839844352_n.jpg

31073161_10216081502538591_968189351978598400_n.jpg

• Like 7

On 4/3/2018 at 10:31 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Unless medical stuff gets in the way, this is my April list:

• Finish Ssathuss Nagendra Warrior
  • Finally finish Bonney Ann Pirate Queen Bust
  • Finish my first Graveyard Piece with Crypt.
  • Start another Mini -La Charra Bust
  • Start another Terrain Piece - Placeholder

So far so good

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

On 4/1/2018 at 10:39 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

I didn't get anywhere near as much as I originally wanted to get done in March, but that's life.  It was nice to get out of the house for more than work and picking up groceries! ::D:

From Feb/March that I'm planning on doing this month...

• Decide on a colour scheme for my Catachans, clean up at least ten of them, and get started on their painting (this is much easier now that I have a dedicated area that's being finalized today, and has a LOT more space)
  • Clean up a squad of 8 Tau Fire Warriors and finalize their initial painting
  • Create an inventory spreadsheet of my various miniatures so I can track what I have (I really want to do this, and have started on some of it as it will let me know a bunch of things)
  • Paint (or hobby) every day!
  • Assemble remainder of my pewter Skaven from the 25th anniversary boxed army (only 10 poison wind globadiers remain ^_^ )
  • Assemble the remainder of my Rat Ogres
  • Convert Catachans, Skaven, and Tau to stamped/rolled bases.  Thinking 6x 60mm and 10x 25mm for Catachans, 30x 25mm and at least 5x 40mm for Skaven, and then 16x 25mm and at least 6x 40mm for the Tau.
  • Build up base for my Skaven Warlord
  • Build up and finalize base for my Reaver of Kargir, and Toghra (for Furiously Fluffy Howling Hounds army)
  • Start painting at least one of the minis in my Furiously Fluffy Howling Hounds army
  • Get base coat formy Ebonwrath random rainbow dragon - for now, goal is to just get the tan finalized as to where it will be

For Q2...

• Work out where secondary and highlight colours will be on my Ebonwrath random rainbow dragon
  • Start bases for my Ebonwrath, as well as hubby's
  • Organize bits boxes (I have more than I realized, so this might take a while)

For 2018...

• Pick up some CAV miniatures (BIG. STOMPY. MECHS!)
  • Pick up some Heavy Gear miniatures (I've wanted some for ages)
  • Order things from Secret Weapon...  Probably the washes (5-6, although all 30 wouldn't hurt), at least wave 1 of the weathering acrylics (but all would be useful), weathering pigment set, and of course more bases

Yeaaaah, I'm not looking so hot on my goals this month o_O

• Catachans (and the Tau) are probably going to be mostly going back into their boxes simply because there's only so much space, and a finite amount of time to work on things.  And I'm enjoying working on my Skaven and gnoll/minotaur/fluffydoom armies a lot more.  Still have 9 days give or take to do the inventory though, and I really should do that because I want to know where things sit, what's primered (or has to be reprimered), what's assembled, and what has to be assembled.  Oh, and army compositions, that doesn't hurt either.
  • I have been more or less hobbying every other day, although some days we've elected to go out and do this or that and there wasn't time to hobby.  Those have all been pretty much caught up in my eyes by "make-up sessions" on the weekends, where I'll sit down for 3-4 paint sessions.
  • Skaven pewter guys are coming well, with 5/10 poison wind globadiers based, and the other five I'm hoping this weekend.  As for bases, focus has been predominately on making ones for my Skaven guys, since I'm working on slowly converting that entire army over, and I still have to order at least another six packs of 25mm lipped bases to finish this just for the miniatures I own.
  • Warlord, Reaver, and Toghra all had their bases complete, and some have been primed.  The two gnolls still need priming, and they're on the list for such.
  • Ebonwrath has seen some work, but still need another hour or two to finish all those scales in the tan basecoat before I'm willing to call this point done.
  • Q2 and 2018 stuff I still have several months, so I'm not as worried.  Secret Weapon order is hopefully going to be bumped ahead to late Q2 / very early Q3 but I haven't confirmed this yet.  I want Wave 1 acrylics and a handful of washes though!  Oh, and the mechs and gears too, but those can happen anytime in my eyes, given that they aren't temperature sensitive like paint is.
  • Like 3

On 4/2/2018 at 8:50 AM, SparrowMarie said:

April goals:

• Take Minivember photos and put up a blog/show off post. (Why the elf I haven't done this already is beyond me.)
  • Order paint for:
    • Paint Isabeau Laroche
    • Paint Mini Ma'al
  • Start painting Isabeau
  • Start painting Mini Ma'al
  • Add new core paints to swatch book that is currently completed.
  • Start prepping the second swatch book for my other lines of paints (HD, Bones, other companies).
  • Color scheme the Shadows of Brimstone minis that don't have painting guides with them.
  • Start painting SoB.

I /think/ that's all I need to do start doing this month, I expect some of it to carry over to next month. I'll be super surprised with myself if it doesn't.

Still have a few Minivember photos, honestly though might need to retake most of them and figure out some lighting setting in my photo editor because looking at them now they look blurry. I got the paint I needed but haven't started painting them. 

• Like 2