aku-chan

Anvil Industry - Daughters of the Burning Rose

Burning Rose Kickstarter

Launch Date April 12th!

On 12th April we will be launching a Kickstarter to fund the creation of the Daughters of the Burning Rose, an entire new army of gothic medieval warrior women!

The range is heavily inspired by historical armour and weaponry. Models will cover a range of fantasy, steampunk and gothic sci-fi styles, so you can use them in all kinds of game systems and settings.

We are using Kickstarter because we have exciting ideas for a huge range of different infantry, character and larger models, and we need your support to help make them a reality.

The Models

The models will be 28mm heroic scale, designed to closely match similar plastic models from existing manufacturers. 

Rank and file infantry will be modular and fully poseable with a range of options.

All models will be made in hand cast resin, manufactured in our London studios using the same high-quality methods we have been perfecting since 2011. 

We will be offering around 8-10 different models to start with, but have many more at various stages in the design process which we can unlock if we get enough funding.

Daughters of the Burning Rose CAD Render

The Pledge levels

There will not be any “early bird” pledges/special offers, so you won’t miss out if you are not able to join us for the launch. 

You will be able to pledge any amount of money, and choose exactly the models from the collection you need to suit your game system, making a great saving against the retail price. 

Shipping will be charged after the campaign ends, and you will be able to change and add to your pledge on the pledge manager website.

We will have pledge levels at £1, £40, £100 and £250, which will give you access to a number of exclusive models and freebies depending on how much support we get.

buring-rose-knight.jpg

buring-rose-abbess.jpg

buring-rose-knight-2.jpg

burning-rose-assault-knight.jpg

burning-rose-medic-full.jpg

Not a company I've heard of before, but they do seem to have good reputation as a 3rd party supplier of Imperial Guard bits.

There's a few more bits of concept art on their Facebook page.

• Like 4

Concept art has me intriqued. I'll be happy if those are all females.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Concept art has me intriqued. I'll be happy if those are all females.

I'm pretty sure everything they've shown so far has been a lady (except the robot, maybe).

That's why it's caught my attention, they seem to be really trying to avoid going down the boob plate and battle heels route, but I'm hoping they put out a few more renders maybe even a test mini, because I'm not entirely sure what works on a big bit of art will transfer that well to a tiny figure.

• Like 3

I am intrigued. Not real happy with how that render translates the concept art for the lady with the big hammer, but that's also my least favorite of the concepts. So I'll watch and see what the sculptor does with the others.

I really, really like the one with her helm in her hands. Beautiful concept art on that one.

• Like 1

Looks like everyone is trying to get in on the Sisters of Battle bandwagon before GW gets theirs released....

That said, I've purchased a few Anvil Industry bits; they make a pretty decent product, IMO.

It'll be interesting to see this one develop.

• Like 1

I can highly recommend Anvil Industries products. They're well made and very detailed. I have been looking for an interesting plague doctor mini for a while now, and it looks like they've provided it. Can't wait to see the new line of power armored troops they were talking about at the end of last year, either.

Definitely some interesting bits they offer, so will be even more interesting to see what the sculpt for this look like... 

They've put up another render:-

29790449_1643789772369002_7134199536559929791954_1643789349035711_83950970684810

I'm not too interested in something so sci-fi, but that looks pretty nice.

• Like 4

Once I put a bow across that pistol to make it a crossbow, that last sculpt will make a phenomenal late-Last War-era Warforged. Which excites me no end.

• Like 1

hm.

I am not convinced. They look a bit like a mashup of Games Orkshop and Dreamforges' Female Panzerjäger. Absolutely not to my liking.

But maybe I will be suprised in the end. We will see.

30571503_1650326948381951_74919285066549

Inquisitor mini, free at £40+ pledges. (I really want one, so hopefully there's at least £40 of stuff I want)

Kickstarter should start tomorrow between 7pm to 8pm GMT, no early birds though.

• Like 1

And it's live:-

Despite my initial enthusiasm, I've put it on remind for now, too many minis are still just concept art for my liking.

Also on remind, just in case. It's weird to me that A) they haven't included some figures they previewed (e.g., the thoughtful helm-in-hands pose), and B) they haven't shown renders in the campaign of pieces we already know have completed renders (e.g., the cyborg assassin).

October delivery also seems optimistic.