TGP

Getting to Know You, April 2018

1 minute ago, Sylverthorne said:

I can actually answer this one. No.

And my chickens already lay blue and green eggs, so ... meh.

Ooh, Araucana?

(One of the organic farms near here sells mixed color shell eggs, mostly white and brown, but for a while they had a small but noticeable percentage of pale turquoise green, I would call it.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for, April 3: Did you see any bizarrely colorized Easter Bunnies or other strange Easter holiday decor this year?

No, nothing weird this year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Ooh, Araucana?

(One of the organic farms near here sells mixed color shell eggs, mostly white and brown, but for a while they had a small but noticeable percentage of pale turquoise green, I would call it.)

Yup. Not show-quality, but my girls lay some of the prettiest eggs. I get brown speckled eggs from the Marans.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, April 2: Would either of these have been good prank Questions for yesterday: “Do you agree with the Pope’s Decision to cancel Easter?” “Was the Easter Bunny justified in Excommunicating the Pope for banning April Fools Day?”

I would have gone with the latter, given the Pope's smiling nature, I can see him loving a good joke.  The irony would be wonderful.

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for, April 3: Did you see any bizarrely colorized Easter Bunnies or other strange Easter holiday decor this year?

Yes.  Peep stuffed animals that were as tall as my daughter.  I was horrified.

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Yes.  Peep stuffed animals that were as tall as my daughter.  I was horrified.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I'd completely forgotten it was Easter until I tried to go do some shopping late Sunday afternoon and the entire world was closed.

What, exactly, has prompted the observance of Easter in the last few years?  It went from a holiday that was largely ignored by the secular world to one that shuts things down inconveniently like they're Chick Fil-A and crowds the roadways for sunrise services when you're trying to get home in the wee hours.  This was the one holiday I was super-excited to be done with when I stopped being Catholic 20-odd years ago, and here it is bothering me again. :lol: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, April 2: Would either of these have been good prank Questions for yesterday: “Do you agree with the Pope’s Decision to cancel Easter?” “Was the Easter Bunny justified in Excommunicating the Pope for banning April Fools Day?”

This may have been the reason for both questions:

FB_IMG_1522608202786.jpg?width=385&heigh

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Currently no, just big ol' Kinder Surprise eggs.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I saw Bunnies created in the various pastel colors normally reserved to plastic Easter eggs. I don’t know if they were chocolate treats or plastic decor things. And I saw Rabbits covered in faux fur that would  normally adorn felines. Like ocelots, or maybe it was supposed to be Cheetah. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Nope.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Bizarrely, no.  Even the lady in the shopping mall giving out Easter candy was dressed in the mall uniform instead of dressing up like an Easter Bunny.

• Like 3

Question, April 4: Did you get fooled by the Easter Bunny or any other pranksters this year?

• Like 6

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Nope, in fact saw almost no Easter decorations at all.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, April 4: Did you get fooled by the Easter Bunny or any other pranksters this year?

No!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Nope, wasn't fooled but man some companies had some absolutely epic April Fool's products.  Sadly I can't quite comment on some of them due to their more adult nature, but one company did a brick and fidget spinner this year as their April Fool's... 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Nope, other than apparently forgetting that Easter was this past Sunday.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TGP said:

Nope. I can't recall seeing or making any colored Easter Eggs in a very long time.

• Like 3