TGP

Getting to Know You, April 2018

On 4/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Question, April 

6-7-8: What have you done lately to improve your SitRep?

(SitRep :: Situation Report) This could be advancing toward a life goal,  working on a health issue, learning a new recipe ...however BIG or small... just something that made things better.

I accepted an offer to do PhD research in Vancouver in fall. I got the rest of my data plotted for my masters thesis and I've started writing (I can do it... chugga chugga... ahhhhhh). I actually went to the doctor for the sinus infection, and following instructions, have started feeling better. I'd forgotten what breathing was like. I have learned to cook brussell sprouts (balsamic vinegar, garlic, and honey are key). 

• Like 11

On 4/5/2018 at 9:30 AM, TGP said:

If you were in charge of your very own Planet...

Question, April 5: Would you rather be Pope, Emperor, Dictator for Life or High King??

None of the above actually.  It all sounds like a lot of work . . .

The Egg

• Like 10

On 4/5/2018 at 8:30 AM, TGP said:

If you were in charge of your very own Planet...

Question, April 5: Would you rather be Pope, Emperor, Dictator for Life or High King??

Emperor.  But I will not have my minions dressed as German Troops from the 1930's and 1940's, Roman Legionnaires, or even the great Khan's troops.  They were eventually defeated and I want my legions of Terror to have better morale than that.  In all seriousness, I would like an enlightened empire, something akin to a parliament, with the Emperor able to veto some of the more egregarious crap that is not in the people's interests.  And when the Parliament decides to try to overthrow the Emperor, they meet the legions of terror.  :devil:

On 4/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Question, April 

(SitRep :: Situation Report) This could be advancing toward a life goal,  working on a health issue, learning a new recipe ...however BIG or small... just something that made things better.

I found employment and it is exactly what I want to do.  I actually turned down a job that was more lucrative, but the hours were horrendous and meant that I would have lost the more important thing, time with my children.  I also scheduled an annual health exam for reviewing my anxiety med. I'm almost a year out from my big breakdown.

• Like 11

On 4/6/2018 at 9:27 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Question, April 

I've very slowly been cleaning up the hobby area. Also, been doing hobbies to occupy time instead of tv/video games.

• Like 10

On 4/6/2018 at 12:27 PM, TGP said:

Weekend Question, April 

I worked in the East Kingdom Coronation kitchen most of Friday and Saturday and then successfully oversaw (mostly by staying out of people's way and occasionally pointing people in the right direction) five hundred people cleaning up and exiting the event site in less than an hour.

I spoke to a few folks about gathering more information and plans for our Shire's History Booth at the EK 50th Anniversary Event in June.

I had a job interview Friday and signed up to attend a Job Fair Tuesday.

• Like 10

On 4/7/2018 at 12:27 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Question, April 

Love this question and the answers - always love to hear that people are taking care of themselves!

As for me - I got my coffee and Imma drinking it.  I know it's a small thing but coffee improves my SitRep immensely.

• Like 7

On 4/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, TGP said:

Weekend Question, April 

My answer to this is that:

—I bought tires 

—I bought a sticker

—I reconnected with a friend I had not heard from in more than 30 years...

—I discovered STōK coffee. 

Three of ^ those four are interrelated. 

I cannot take the credit:

7 hours ago, Jokemeister said:

Love this question and the answers - always love to hear that people are taking care of themselves!

The preceding weekend question was suggested by @Thes Hunter (...and the latest installment in a series).

• Like 8

Question, April 9: How many different avatar images have you used on the Reaper forums?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question, April 9: How many different avatar images have you used on the Reaper forums?

I cant remember, but part of the problem is that, I kept making changes to one of them. :lol: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Just the 1.

Little Elka Frogg does the job well enough I haven't needed another for ages.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I have used two.  The first was a stock image of Sigurd, Viking and then I switched to my Navy Chief logo.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Avatar? That's a genuine photograph!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Just the one; re, it took me FOREVER to figure out how to load the pic. I don't ever want to have to do that again.

AND the Little Guy suits me fine. He is something I made from scratch. PLUS he reflects my attitude on life & inner

being; that is he looks nuts.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

Just one, a picture of me when I was a little younger.  65 years is a little, right?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Just the one -- assuming you do not count the default image before I selected one.

• Like 6