Huzzah! Another victim . . . err . . . competitor! As always this will be fun to watch, and most importantly: You can do eeeeet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Go go! You can doooo eeet!

(... but take care of your wrists and hands ...)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

you know you have got this one in the bag...

****  Mister boot....  Please prepare the padded room for occupancy   *****

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Go go! You can doooo eeet!

(... but take care of your wrists and hands ...)

^^^ This. 

I am going to paint along, I'll be attempting to finish the female magic user in 7 days. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Marbles lost indeed.

The nursery rhyme is one thing, but she's feeding the models now people.  Maybe time for an intervention?

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Clearman said:

Marbles lost indeed.

The nursery rhyme is one thing, but she's feeding the models now people.  Maybe time for an intervention?

Nah, so long as she doesn't feed people to the models she's fine. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The Topic of this post presupposes that OneBoot had marbles to begin with.

This is awesome. Will be following this with much interest. Cheers. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Been a while since there's been a seven day goblin challenge in these parts.  Guess we were about due.  <nods sagely>

OneBoot, as you are a  veteran of many challenges I know you can succeed on this one.  <waves flags madly>. Go OneBoot!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Patrik Strom
      The Celestial Stag from Reaper Miniatures (03907). I painted this for a character in a DnD game that has a habit of shifting into a stag. I'm quite happy with the base.

• By Pingo
      This is 03415, Lanura Windsong, Elf Sorcerer, sculpted by Julie Guthrie.

She's an appealing sculpt -- and popular, judging from all the painted versions in the store and the Inspiration Gallery. I picked her up years ago after seeing someone's lovely version on these forums, and now I've gotten round to her.

She has high boots and a long coat and a cute scarf over short tousled curls. I think of her as a sort of corsair or pirate, maybe, with lots of wands and things. I am looking forward to painting all those spheres on her like colored crystal.

I have been trying to limit the number of female minis I paint with bare midriffs, but she's just so dang cute!

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics, except where noted. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I started laying in her skin tone with the darks pure Burnt Umber and the lights a golden-bronze mix of Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, and a little Titanium White. I also am spending some time on each pass tucking paint into all the tiny white dots where the paint failed to get into a nook or cranny.

I don't normally paint much with pure black, but here I used some Carbon Black to color her hair and as a wash to lay in a few darker shadows on her and start to contour her face and eye sockets.

Then I picked up some more highlights with the golden-bronze again, and a little more pure black shading.

And then look, it's a face! Her sclerae are a pale grey mixed from Titanium White and a little Carbon Black. Her pupils are pure Carbon Black, highlights are pure Titanium White. Lips a base of Red Iron Oxide shaded with Burnt Umber and Quinacridone Magenta. Some more contouring with the bronze and Umber shadows and Bob's your uncle.

• By Cygnwulf
      Everyone, meet Viridius.  

He's a hefty boi.  No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.   
      I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look.  Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him.   So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.

One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work.  The question is, what to do?  Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)

Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape.  The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled.  I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water.  I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing

I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business.  So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)

I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.

• By Pingo
      I thought I had a WIP thread for her, but apparently not. I know I posted a half-done photo of her once, long ago. At any rate, here is a blast from the past and my past as well, the long-languishing Reaper 59037, Deadlands Noir Femme Fatale, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

And because I like to play around with backgrounds:

• By Patrik Strom
      When I first got the Naga from the Bones kickstarter I wasn't that excited. It looked ok at a glance but I didn't think I needed a naga at the time. Eventually I thought I try to extend my scenery collection and try to paint it as a statue. When I did and looked a bit closer at the mini I realized that it's a really cool sculpt! I still choose to go the statue route but I might just have to buy a new one and make a real one. I was also pleasantly surprised on how some superglue + the foam from the blister pack that some miniatures come with + Army Painter greenskin created some decent looking vegetation.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 3 Anonymous, 153 Guests (See full list)