Absolutely lovely! Those wings are amazing, I'm in awe with the blends done so quickly!

• Thanks 1

Currently holding the second wing in place while the glue sets! Might as well type with one hand while I'm waiting. :)

Since I still have 8 hours left, I was originally planning to do a preliminary completion picture now, get some sleep, then finish up the wing membranes (there's some shading and swirly patterns I want to do). However, as much as I :wub: a photo finish, I'm pretty wrecked right now, and I don't want to risk sleeping through my alarm and accidentally disqualifying myself. ^_^

Right-o, time to set up the photo area! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 17

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Just got the rest of the tail and the wings left! Also the right arm has now been glued in. :bday:

jW9ocQKl.jpg

I'm gonna be painting tiny lines and dots in my sleep, I just know it. :blink:

Huzzah!

Mmmmmmmmmm grape frosty............

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Those wings!!:wub:  Amazing work on the dragon, and well on all of it!  It's really coming together!

24 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Currently holding the second wing in place while the glue sets! Might as well type with one hand while I'm waiting. :)

Since I still have 8 hours left, I was originally planning to do a preliminary completion picture now, get some sleep, then finish up the wing membranes (there's some shading and swirly patterns I want to do). However, as much as I :wub: a photo finish, I'm pretty wrecked right now, and I don't want to risk sleeping through my alarm and accidentally disqualifying myself. ^_^

Right-o, time to set up the photo area! :bday:

Huzzah!

If you were to sleep through and disqualify yourself, I'm sure you could always try the challenge again...  :wacko:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Yahoo!!  go @OneBoot!!  As a complete aside (only being on page 9 trying to get caught up), I think the whole thing looked quite intriguing with just the liner colors on it.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

DONE! :bday:

P1070920.thumb.JPG.4ae2a2fd543816b412c0e472663dadf9.JPG

Huzzah!!!

--OneBoot :bday:

"Whaat? You too?! This is my picture! Go AWAY!"

Oh - and I forgot:

Lucky%E2%98%86Star.full.957567.jpg

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Huzzah! Way to go Boot!  Looks awesome!

• Thanks 1

Impressively executed!  Now that you've taken care of niggly worries, time to get some sleep!  

I hope you do still share your swirly wing designs, even though the challenge is technically complete.  You really nailed the dark purple vibe from Maleficent, though, so congratulations for a challenge more that just technically complete!  ^_^ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      Thread title pretty much sums it up. This is Callus the Renegade from Black Orc’s Hundred Kingdoms, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:

There is is a lot going on here, from chain, scale, and plate to all the spangly bits and Things on Belts. Tried to add some variety of color where possible. Not sure what actual colors were worn by Roman soldiers, but red is popular among cosplayers according to Google. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t purple at least.

Turns out Dark Elf Skin is a pretty good approximation of actual gorilla flesh. It also seems that brown is not a popular color for actual gorilla fur, but whatever.

I was unsure just what that thing in his left hand is, so I imagined it as some sort of monkey-headed scepter, and painted it up in Dragon Copper and Antique Gold. Mostly as an excuse to try out some GW verdigris. I probably miffed the placement, but it’s a neat effect. Very much a “nasty old penny” look.

Did I mention this guy is big? Here he is alongside Miss Forscale the Strumpet:

Comments and critiques appreciated!
    • By OneBoot
      For those of you who might not know, I like shiny metallic paints a tiny bit. Just a little. As in I currently own over 50 20 different metallic paint colors (plus a few metallic inks and a new metallic wash I'm dying to try out), and I painted an entire cat-sized dragon using only metallic paints. So yeah, I'm kinda sorta IN LOVE with shiny paints.   

While re-organizing my paints the other day, I realized that I have a lot of shiny paints I haven't played with yet, and lots of fun wacky techniques I haven't fully explored with the rest. So, one purpose of this little thread will be to document my metallic paint experiments FOR SCIENCE (and totally not so I can infect everyone else with 'Must Have All The Shiny' syndrome, not at all  ).

The primary reason I started this thread, though, is because I want to invite y'all to toss questions and suggestions at me about attempting new and different (or even just tried and true) things with metallic paints, since I'm only one person and can only come up with so many ideas on my own. Like let's say you're curious how Reaper's Blade Steel will respond to drying retarder, or layering over two different metallics, or mixed with ink, etc. If you have a crazy idea, I'd love to hear it! Because crazy is where the fun is!

To make requests easier, here's a brief summary what I currently own (will be updated as needed):
      All the Reaper metallic paints. Yes, even that one. (there may be a couple OOP I don't know about that I don't own, but I have all the ones I'm aware of) All of the P3 (Privateer Press) metallic paints Several Scale75 colored metallic paints Vallejo Metal Medium (basically liquid shiny in a bottle. I mix this with lots of things!) Secret Weapon's Golden Brown metallic wash (I'm really excited to play with this!) 3 Liquitex metallic inks (gold, silver, copper)  
      I am open to acquiring new paints to experiment with, to a certain degree; I don't have the funds to go buy an entire new paint line, for example, but I could purchase a couple bottles to try out. :)

LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
      1) Secret Weapon's Golden Brown metallic wash
      2) Attempting to make pink armor from Breast Cancer Awareness Pink

NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, all paints used are from Reaper.

Huzzah!
    • By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 60164: Vampire Hunter, as she is rather innocuously called. She is remarkably armed and armored. I think she is from Pathfinder, and I am sure there is some story there.

There is no WIP thread.

Comments and critiques are, as always, welcomed.

• By Sophie was taken
      Sometimes you eat the paint, and sometimes the paint eats you. This one is closer to the latter. Here’s Jolie the blue-themed Scribe:

I just wanted to relax and have some fun with this mini, and try out some paints for the first time. So I started out basecoating her robes in Frosty Blue from the holiday set, and it looked pretty good. Used some Rosy Skin and Scholar Flesh on her skin, and it looked pretty good. Unboxed the blond hair triad and laid down the mid tone and it looked pretty good, which was when it became apparent I was painting Disney’s Cinderella. 

That could not stand, so I threw some gray in front and gave her a pink sash, which was originally a dark blue then an ill-advised red. I’m honestly pleased at how those parts turned out, especially the highlights in front.

The rest of the model was a series of small disasters in shadow and highlights, and at some point I decided it was as good as it was going to get, tossed some Palomino Gold on the fancy bits, and put an end to the struggle. Though I did take the opportunity to try painting sheer clothing, not sure if it works (gloved forearm):

C&C appreciated.
    • By Crowley
      So after giving  a good scrub with warm soapy water, gluing him to a base, and base coating with Brown Liner, I drybrushed his armor with shadowed steel, painted his eyes, blocked in face, and hair, and then went to town with the cloak and shield. 

The shield is Dragon Bronze as the base, and the greens and blues are blends of Oceanic Blue, Viper Green, and Linen White and Pure Black. 

• Who's Online   47 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)