12 hours ago, eldamir said:

I think the whole thing looked quite intriguing with just the liner colors on it.. 

I agree! It was kind of cool seeing them proto-colored, and it really helped me visualize color placement as I got to each section.

11 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I hope you do still share your swirly wing designs, even though the challenge is technically complete.

Oh I most definitely will! I also still need to do all of the shading and highlighting to make them match the level of the rest of Caraxis; they look a little funny being all solid color against his patterned scales. :lol:

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

wait, did you clear coat it yet?

I don't generally seal up my Challenge figures, mostly because I can't stand to even look at them for awhile let alone put a brush to them. I think I will make an exception for the adventurers, though, because they are very likely to see gaming use, and I want to protect the paint. ^_^ Caraxis...we'll see. I will at the very least give his claws, tongue and eyes a gloss coat (for shiny and protective purposes).

3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

BTW, this is all your fault:

::D:

I REGRET NOTHING :bday:

EDIT: Oh, and for those of you wondering, here's the answer to the "Where's George Washington?" picture:

5acd84154fbf2_Georgewashington.thumb.jpg.7e9d55cde95ee20219e2be24a6eb828f.jpg

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 16

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      Had an extra one of these lying about, and decided to experiment with a limited palette. Here’s how she turned out:

Front
      Back

Main colors used were MSP Woodland Brown, Brilliant Green, Scholar Flesh, and Yellowed Bone (and it’s triad).

Not completely happy with her skin tones, I tried everything up to Moth Green trying to get a light tone that still read as green. Wound up using one of the darkest greens I have, go figure. Shaded by gradually dropping the flesh tone until it was straight green, but it turned out to be a rather extreme color shift.

I like how the base and tree trunk came out, however. The ground shade was achieved by throwing some blues and yellows together until they stopped being bad and then painting some gray on the rocks.

All in all, I think it turned out all right for just messing around. Definitely something to practice in the future. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated. 
    • By Crowley
      So I started painting this guy... I don't even remember how long ago. Pulled him out tonight and decided to wash him with a couple other bones I was prepping... He felt a little tacky... And now feels worse. And the tooth brush feels all gummy.

He's from Bones 1, and probably painted with older GW paints, not not 100% sure.

Fairly sure I'm just going to drop him in some simple green and start over... Though I'm wondering if there has been some weird chemical change and if I'd just be better off getting a new copy of him?

Anyone else run into something like this? I know some paint dries tacky on bones, but can that be cleaned off and repainted?
    • By Geoff Davis
      77041: Harpy by Julie Guthrie

This one was on my shelf of shame for quite a while, until my daughter told me off for having it lying around.  So I sculpted a shirt for her out of greenstuff which was a fun learning process.  I needed her for my D&D game last week, so she got the speed paint finish.  Her skin is the dusky flesh triad with some light grey added. 

• By Geoff Davis
      Although the end result is not what I was hoping for, I learned a lot doing this project that will be very helpful for some future projects I have planned.  Her WIP thread is here:  Selmarina WIP

• By Sophie was taken
      Thread title pretty much sums it up. This is Callus the Renegade from Black Orc’s Hundred Kingdoms, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:

There is is a lot going on here, from chain, scale, and plate to all the spangly bits and Things on Belts. Tried to add some variety of color where possible. Not sure what actual colors were worn by Roman soldiers, but red is popular among cosplayers according to Google. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t purple at least.

Turns out Dark Elf Skin is a pretty good approximation of actual gorilla flesh. It also seems that brown is not a popular color for actual gorilla fur, but whatever.

I was unsure just what that thing in his left hand is, so I imagined it as some sort of monkey-headed scepter, and painted it up in Dragon Copper and Antique Gold. Mostly as an excuse to try out some GW verdigris. I probably miffed the placement, but it’s a neat effect. Very much a “nasty old penny” look.

Did I mention this guy is big? Here he is alongside Miss Forscale the Strumpet:

Comments and critiques appreciated!
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)