Smokestack

Legends of Signum

<<<MOD EDIT>>>
Kickstarter is now Live:

Legends of Signum is a 2 players fantasy world wargame, where players will face off against each other in the ruthless battles with help of the summoned characters and creatures.
Each new game is unique as the player will have an ability to counter his opponents tactics with a help of highly variable decks, which player can assemble before the match.
While the heroes busy fighting one another out on the battlefield, their loyal city dwellers are busy constructing new buildings that unlock new spells, abilities, and characters to aid their heroes in the victory.
What also makes Legends of Signum highly unique in and of itself is that we combined best of both card and miniature wargame worlds into one highly immersive gameplay experience.
From the very start, we set out to create a beginner-friendly game and so in the process of developing the game we did our best in avoiding complicated game mechanics that you would normally expect in a miniature wargame, yet still gave players vast variety of tactical options.

Legends of Signum is a unique combination of a miniatures wargame and a card game. Players control units of creatures lead by mighty heroes and build structures that allow more characters, relics and magic spells to be used on the battlefield. In Legends of Signum you devise your own winning strategy by creating an exclusive deck of cards and collection of miniatures.

Legends of Signum is a game for two, where each player controls a hero and a group of characters and builds up their capital city. Initially only the hero figures are present on the battlefield, but as the game progresses, additional characters can be brought in by building the necessary structures. Victory is achieved by either destroying the opponent or bringing your capital city to prosperity. Duration of one game is about 30 to 90 minutes.

These are the guys who run the Cadwallon Shop. They used to sell Confrontation recasts. They have stopped as discussed in the Confrontation Resurrection kickstarter thread. Legends of Signum are their own sculpts and their own game. The pictures are of stuff already available and I am not sure if they will be included in the kickstarter. I posted them so you can get an idea of what will be offered.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

No no no no no!

I am only supposed to be spending money on Bones 4 this year!  You are making things difficult for me by posting this!

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Legends of Signum has very nice models.  Very detailed resin models, and I've been very satisfied with the quality of the casts.

I will certainly look at this Kickstarter, but I'm curious as to what they will offer.  All the of models pictured above are already available retail on their site.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

These are the guys who run the Cadwallon Shop. They used to sell Confrontation recasts. They have stopped as discussed in the Confrontation Resurrection kickstarter thread. Legends of Signum are their own sculpts and their own game. The pictures are of stuff already available and I am not sure if they will be included in the kickstarter. I posted them so you can get an idea of what will be offered.

The current models are available on two different sites.  The Cadwallon site, and another called SignumGame.  Both appear to be out of the Ukraine, but not sure if they are the same people.

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 2

I went and checked out the retail store... bad idea!  I want many many things from there!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Clearman said:

The current models are available on two different sites.  The Cadwallon site, and another called SignumGame.  Both appear to be out of the Ukraine, but not sure if they are the same people.

Yeah its the same guys. I am not sure but my theory is they are trying to distance themselves from the old name where they sold the confrontation stuff.

I have 2 of their larger scale female werewolves. They are the first 4 pics in my female werewolf thread. the first one came with wings but I did not use the wings.

• Like 1

I have bought several, but have not painted any.  My favorites so far are Pontifex Conrad and Vadoma the Prophetess

• Like 1

They are beautiful!  I really want the Queen Zenobia!

Guess I'll wait to see the prices on the KS. 

• Like 1

Intriguing.  Can't wait to see how things come up with this one, although wallet is so afraid it's trying to hide... 

As for the examples posted fro murr enter ones, that plague doctor is epic, as is that female werewolf.... 

I've wanted some of these since he started but I refused to go through Cadwallion's site since he sold me a recast as an original.. definitely worth eyeing

• Like 2

Yeah, nice stuff.  And the game kind of sounds like a computer game.  Build this...now this unit becomes available.  Could definitely be interesting.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:11 PM, Clearman said:

Amusingly I came into this thread to purvey the same information about these being Cadwallaon (who used to recast Confrontation stuff). I was contemplating placing an order for a few of these on the Cadwallon site but they've gone really quiet since having to pull all the Confrontation stuff. No updates for months. When I saw the Legends of Signum website I considered ordering there. I strongly suspect this is going to be like Maelstrom Games selling their own Mierce Miniatures range to themselves for a nomimal small fee so it would be a legally separate entity and would not be liable when Maelstrom went bust. Seriously. That's what they did. It's pretty reprehensible really because, as Maelstrom, they were infamous for never paying their suppliers & importers.

So while I suspect this might be another rebranding exorcise... these are some nice figures. The kickstarter has to be for a game because the figures are already for sale (so they couldn't do a project for them). On the Cadwallon site there are Confrontation stat cards for a few of these. Not all, 'though.

You can actually find some nicer painted pictures on the Cadwallon site (although some might be computer renders and not actual paint jobs). Here's Liobrenda without that nasty hole in the top of her head.

poslush_fin.jpg

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 5

So, the banner that said April 24th is gone. Wonder if the Kickstarter was postponed or cancelled? The Cadwallon sute also now says that they are only a distributor for Legends of Signum.

• Confused 3