Smokestack

Legends of Signum

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Wonder of there is a way to just get the Wolfen to add to my current army...

I excpect them to show up in retail eventually...

Or possibly, they'll be available in the Pledge Manager.

And yeah, I want some of them, too.   

Edited by Gadgetman!

7 hours ago, Suden said:

I'm curious how many backers even noticed. I sometimes back a ks, and unless it's active here, only really notice when there is an update. I do check backed projects every couple weeks around payday just to make sure there are no forgotten surprises, but otherwise depend heavily on project updates. This was a little different for me in that I joined the FB page for the early bird option though.

They have shared some pics on the fb page while this thread was locked.

Nice looking archer wip:

33343072_1551219474986850_7032728932512169984_o.thumb.jpg.c200c137e71b1b5449841686d3f51305.jpg

And a painted version of the crouching wulfen, I think she looks even better painted, I thought she looked a bit misshapen in the original render:

31957592_1533457026763095_9002912937509126144_o.thumb.jpg.d7ebfcd8bb19fe7037c58b86f6be3813.jpg31958053_1533457120096419_5552799845032394752_o.thumb.jpg.52110d92b2ebec3c1be3c2430a53a1a2.jpg

And a mysterious* WIP:

34439602_1561495070625957_1050307696454008832_o.thumb.jpg.018a586fed87e8b76bb1ce5e18803612.jpg

*Kidding, it's totally another wulfen.

These look amazing. Have they delivered on minis before, can anyone attest to their durability?

2 minutes ago, Grefven said:

I do like that shaman-ish wolfen. :)

That one is already available in their store i think and not part of the kickstarter

The 'shamanish' wolfen with the weapon over her shoulders is Kena, Sorceress of Ice...   

And I already have that one... ;-)

Now, the archer is definitely on my must have list.

Durability?

They're RESIN pieces. 

I'd sugggest tall bases so that players don't accidentally grip the mini and break something off. 

I was really wondering what the funding progress would look like for this one.  This is the first kickstarter that I've ever seen come back after being taken down for a copyright claim.  It is also the first time I think that the copyright claim was made out of spite.

Clearly, they lost a LOT of funding throughout the days in which they couldn't take on new backers (but backers could drop).  They had some positive days when they came back, but it looks like they've lost a bit too and are mostly holding steady since the KS's return.

Since Kickstarters are always at least a little risky, I suspect that even the rumor of shenanigans is probably enough to hurt the funding level. 

We only have Signum's version of how the copyright claim went:  Stellar made a very vague claim against the entire project.  Kickstarter followed their policy- they shut them down for three weeks, then decided that the claim had no merit and let them open back up.

I do not believe that there are any big changes to the Kickstarter (I had figured that if Stellar's claim had merit, then Signum would have to change a few minis to be in the clear).

Stellar (Sans Detour) won't make any of their claims or opinions on the matter public unless they have to.  That will only happen if they take further legal action against Signum, and doing that would prevent them from completing their own kickstarter (which is probably doomed anyway).

• Like 1

I wound up letting my pledge drop, simply due to having to put money elsewhere (joys of a fridge indicating its on its last legs when your work boots kick the ghost at the same time).  It's a nice looking game, with some gorgeous minis to say the least... 

I'll more than likely be picking up a bunch of the Wulfen later on because the sculpts are so gorgeous - yes, even the female ones (although I can't decide which version of Tara I like the most). 

To clarify, I dropped it last night, which is a while after they came back up.  Darn fridge, why couldn't you start dying a few months from now when I was planning on replacing you anyways! 

• Sad 1

I'm still in right now but unless something amazing happens I will be dropping.  I may end up getting Queen Zenobia as an addon but I am unsure about that even.

I'm still in and still thinking I get good value for my pledge. It's a shame so many people are dropping.

3 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

I'm still in and still thinking I get good value for my pledge. It's a shame so many people are dropping.

It is an amazing value and I really don't want to drop but I really have my eyes set on Eternal War which I am planning to go big on.  Plus it's just frustrating to see this thing going nowhere 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

Even with the kickstarter unfrozen there is still enough of a risk of the company getting tied up with a lawsuit. Between that and the risk that comes with this being their first project as well as first game, this is a fairly high risk project to back.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cmorse said:

Even with the kickstarter unfrozen there is still enough of a risk of the company getting tied up with a lawsuit. Between that and the risk that comes with this being their first project as well as first game, this is a fairly high risk project to back.

I'm not sure if I would call it a high risk. If they were only showing renders and were a new start up company I would agree. But the game is already pretty much done as well as most of the minis, the ones that are not finished yet, they have been showing sculpting wips on and they posted a lot of the concept art on facebook. The company has been around for a good while and I have seen people ordering Minis in Retail and getting good quality Minis. Was the whole freeze thing shady?100% but I do believe Kickstarter would not risk any lawsuit which is why I do believe SD didn't specify any of their claims. Like Odinsgrandson said, going through with a lawsuit would mean that SD likely wouldn't be able to deliver on their own Kickstarter project, which seemed a lot more questionable in some regards than the Signum one (not sure how that project will be profitable). That being said, I did definitely no pledge for all in. That's just too big of a spend for me personally on my hobby to justify. 

6 minutes ago, Glamberry said:

I'm not sure if I would call it a high risk. If they were only showing renders and were a new start up company I would agree. But the game is already pretty much done as well as most of the minis, the ones that are not finished yet, they have been showing sculpting wips on and they posted a lot of the concept art on facebook. The company has been around for a good while and I have seen people ordering Minis in Retail and getting good quality Minis. Was the whole freeze thing shady?100% but I do believe Kickstarter would not risk any lawsuit which is why I do believe SD didn't specify any of their claims. Like Odinsgrandson said, going through with a lawsuit would mean that SD likely wouldn't be able to deliver on their own Kickstarter project, which seemed a lot more questionable in some regards than the Signum one (not sure how that project will be profitable). That being said, I did definitely no pledge for all in. That's just too big of a spend for me personally on my hobby to justify. 

Any first time project is a risk, if this one was just the resin minis it would be a relatively low risk since many of them are already in production and for sale. That shows they know how to do it and can deliver. Adding the board game on top of that, which is something they haven't done before, moves the risk up. Adding a collectible card game on top, again something they haven't done before, moves the risk up.

As far as the possibility of a lawsuit goes, it is absolutely there. Whether SD is in the right or not doesn't matter. What matters is that SD feels like they've been wronged, that's enough for a lawsuit to happen. SD doesn't need to win be able to actually win for Signum to never fulfill. SD not suing because of their own kickstarter isn't something I'd bet money on, particularly if they are low on money. That increases the odds of them trying a lawsuit. And while you're absolutely right that SD's project has far more risk of not fulfilling that does nothing to lower the risks for Signum. There are definitely some questionable Signum items for sale that aren't part of the kickstarter that SD is likely eyeing.

So yes, I'd definitely rate this fairly high risk. 

• Like 3

Thanks to the Confrontation KS, SD now has a large sum of money that they can do *anything* with, KS TOS notwithstanding. A BGG'er did a back-of-the-envelope calculation, and speculated that Valley Games didn't settle with another party who gave them a personal loan until an amount spent about as much as they made on their KS campaign(s) was spent. 

As for losing money, I'm noticing that other miniature and boardgames with miniatures KS have recently been having this problem (eg. Godslayer, EXO, Terminator: Genesis), as well as Solomon Kane.