Brianuk

Boat and Dock platforms frostgrave ghost archipelago

Have been stealing coffee stirrers for a while and thought I should disguise them. 

This is a modular set of docks for pirate settings/City docks, ghost archipelago. All I did was make platforms of various heights with layers of foam core board. Then Iaid cross pieces and laid the decks on top, just using different thicknesses of coffee stirrers. The stanchions are just pva glued to the side of the foam core, under the decks rather than showing above them. I painted the foam core black and am painting the wood using the Crafting Muse video on YouTube as a guide. I won't be basing these. 

The boat is a lucky find. It is a decoupage model ocean liner. I cut the top off and had a curved boat shape 15cm / 6" long and perfect for 8 models. Only £1.25 on sale. All I did was lay a deck of coffee stirrers then took some of the bits I cut off and glued them back on to the sides. Painted like the Dock. I don't want to add seats, mast, similar detail to this model to maximise how many based minis can stand in it. 

20180408_161636.jpg

20180408_161759.jpg

20180408_161805.jpg

20180408_161645.jpg

20180408_161630.jpg

20180408_161657.jpg

• Like 16

Nice work! I was just starting to noodle about a scenario involving moored Heritor ships this morning, and docks would be great for that...

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      And the last of my recently finished minis, a helping of scatter terrain from Mantic's "Terrain Crate" line.

• By Lidless Eye
      More terrain printed on my Ender-3.

The Forest Barrow Entrance by ecaroth/Hero's Hoard:

Huts from the Barbarian Village, another set designed by ecaroth/Hero's Hoard:

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      Hello! We are Small Terrain Miniature Scenery, a small business run by myself (Andy) and my partner, Donna.
      Last year we launched our first ever Kickstarter to raise money for a new studio. The campaign was a huge success, that not only bought in much needed capital but an amazing new customer base.
      Since then we have had a second successful Kickstarter project with our "Take Cover!" sandbag range. Based on this we have decided to follow up with another project based around "Bricks and Mortar" themed terrain. Although aimed at  28mm WW2 systems like Bolt Action, these pieces will be more than suitable for 40K or modern settings like "The Walking Dead".
      We are looking to raise £500 to pay for the production of our new resin bricks and mortar themed terrain. The money will be spent on make both the masters and production moulds for this range.
      We have a great choice of pledge levels on offer that won't break the bank. You can also find all the measurements for each product at the bottom of the page so why not take a look!
      Tank Trap Set - £5
      This reward includes: 10x Single Tank Traps. Supplied Unpainted
      Brick Walls Set - £15
      This reward includes: 3x Medium Straight Brick Walls & 3x Short Straight Brick Walls. Supplied Unpainted
      Brick Pillbox - £20
      This reward will include: 1x Resin Cast Brick Pillbox With Removable Roof. Supplied Unpainted.
      Brick Wall Bundle Set - £28
      This reward includes: 6x Medium Straight Brick Walls & 6x Short Straight Brick Walls. Supplied Unpainted.
      Early Bird "Don't panic!" Bundle - £45
      This reward includes:10x Tank Trap pieces, 6x Medium Straight Brick Walls,  6x Short Straight Brick Walls & 1x Brick Pillbox Piece With Removable Roof. Supplied Unpainted.
      "Don't panic!" Bundle - £50
      This reward includes: 10x Tank Trap Pieces, 6x Medium Straight Brick Walls, 6x Short Straight Brick Walls & 1x Brick Pillbox Piece With Removable Roof. Supplied Unpainted.

Tank Traps: 2cm x 2cm x2cm (approx)
      Brick Walls Set: Medium wall 9cm x 1.5cm x 2cm, Small wall 5cm x 1.5cm x 2cm (approx)
      Brick Pillbox: 11.5cm x 11.5cm x 5.5cm (approx)
      A massive thank you for all your support, we hope you can help by sharing the campaign and we really can't wait to bring this new range to life
    • By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description

If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By canuckotter
      @malefactus sent me some old Games Workshop plastic night goblins, and instead of putting them together properly I decided to stick the heads on the bodies of some Frostgrave plastic gnolls.

There's another one but he's badly unbalanced (in more ways than one) and keeps falling over. 
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)