• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guindyloo
      I finished up this lovely lady last night. She was wonderfully sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I really enjoyed the details on her and she was a lot of fun to paint. 
      I always mean to paint a Halloween figure before Halloween but am usually too busy to actually manage it. I got this figure while at Reapercon though and decided it was meant to be, so I put aside a couple of other things to make time for her. 

I had a lot of technical issues with her due to my clumsiness - I dropped her THREE times which resulted in extensive repair work and having to reattach her to the pumpkin each time.  There’s no indentation or any other indication for how she’s meant to be attached to the pumpkin and assembly is not my strong suit so I struggled a bit with that part. The way I have her attached leaves her foot hanging past the base by a good bit so I’ll need to build the base up on a little bit of cork, but she looked the most correct to me this way. (She is currently still sitting on top of foam tape and the craft paint bottle that I used as a holder, I just painted them black for pictures.)

I was asked over on facebook how I painted the wings, so I’ll copy that info over here as well:
      I basecoated with MSP Black Indigo. (That’s one of this year’s Reapercon swag bag paints. I think Nightmare Black would probably be fine to use in its place.) Then I layered up using paints from Nocturna’s Imperial Purple Set. They’re Vallejo paints made for Nocturna and I highly recommend both that set and the Crimson Red set. Both sets come with little painting guides and the purple one walks you through how to do both cold purples and warm purples. I went in the warm purple direction starting from the darkest colours and layering up to the lightest. So Imperial Purple > Purple Hex > Amethyst > Witch Purple > Lipstick. 
      Then I glazed over everything with MSP Gothic Crimson which was also a LE Reapercon paint, I think from the 2016 swag bag. (I can’t think of a replacement for that off of the top of my head but it’s a wine-maroon colour.) Then in the areas that I wanted to darken, like the transitions going back into the shadows and the backs of the wings, I glazed with the Black Indigo.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Mrs. Silence, the female half of the Silence character class, who came in a limited Black Friday set from Kingdom Death.

Despite being quite the pain in the bum to work on, she had to be assembled and painted in lots of little stages (and I never did get the two halves of her jacket to line up properly), I'm really rather pleased with the final result.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By odinsgrandson
      The Dung Beetle Knight is one of Kingdom Death's more iconic monsters, and one of the more difficult ones to deal with.  Here is a DBK that I got to do for a client.
      The mini is absolutely fantastic- the hardest thing about painting him is that he's been painted up very well quite a few times before- it is a little bit tough to make him unique and awesome at the same time.
      I shaded and highlighted the green with some contrasting colors to give him the effect you see here.

• By Guindyloo
      Hi, friends! In continuing with our plan to catch up with painting the Dungeon Dwellers as a joint WIP together as they come out, can I interest you in some Baran Blacktree?

Buglips and I will be painting him in our usual fashion, but if you haven't already, make sure that you check out Rhonda Bender's awesome PDF painting guide for him here: Dungeon Dwellers

Y'all probably know by now how these go, but if not, check out our Thanis the Bonecaller thread where it all began and that'll give you links to all of the other joint WIP threads we've done. 

• By ThirstyBob
      So taken a few pic of this guy as I was painting him, started out priming black airbrush pre shading white, then painted the whole thing in brown before changing my mind and going this direction.

That was the shadows and blending, then I did some yellow highlights on the back and mane, and detail on the face.

Not sure if I'm done, maybe a bit more blending on the stomach, I think it's showing a bit too much blue.

• Who's Online   31 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)