I have this same figure in resin. Haven't touched mine yet. I really like your color choices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to bed and tossed and turned for like 20 minutes and then decided that I couldn't sleep while her face looked like that. :lol:

5pinupWN01.thumb.jpg.668225f4fb8930b898f4976aaf271ea4.jpg

She looks like a cross between Courtney Love and Liza Minnelli. :lol:

I'm much happier now though. The left eye is a little worse for wear, but you're barely even going to see that eye once the left hand is on, so it's actually fitting that it's overly dark.

OK. BACK TO BED WITH ME.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

A mole? Really now?

Hm. To be honest, I don't find it fitting. It somehow looks wrong on the miniature.

Just a difference in taste, I think! It's a bit of a nod to the original artwork, and "beauty marks" are a pretty iconic element of classic pinup girls. I like to imagine her drawing it on herself.

• Like 7

Oh, I am sure it is a difference in taste. That's why I wrote: I don't find it fitting.

I am just giving my thoughts. It's your miniature after all.

I don't know why I have to write that so often ...

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Just a difference in taste, I think! It's a bit of a nod to the original artwork, and "beauty marks" are a pretty iconic element of classic pinup girls. I like to imagine her drawing it on herself.

Definitely makes sense as a nod to classic pinup girl style. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Oh, I am sure it is a difference in taste. That's why I wrote: I don't find it fitting.

I am just giving my thoughts. It's your miniature after all.

I don't know why I have to write that so often ...

No worries, I'm just telling you where I'm coming from with it! ^_^

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

No worries, I'm just telling you where I'm coming from with it! ^_^

I already guessed so.

Keep going. Maybe you can convince me with the final outcome.

• Like 4

I hadn't realized I'd forgotten to update here in so long. So a few things have happened over the past couple of days. Let's see here.

I attached her hand. Before I attached it, I Brown Linered it and then threw some shadow skin colour on the fingers/part of the hand that would be toward her face. Parts that won't need delicate work but certainly needed a touch of colour. After attaching it, I realized that I'd missed a rather large mold line over the top of one of her fingers, so that was quite a bother trying to clean up while also trying not to knock her hand back off.

I then painted up the vial on the contraption she's holding. I basecoated with P3 Coal Black, then added tiny bits of yellow (not sure what yellow) up to a pure yellow right at the liquid line. I also added some grey to the Coal Black for the empty part of the vial. Then I highlighted the glass with some dots of pure white. I hadn't painted a liquid filled glass vial before so I watched like 6 videos about it before attempting it. :lol: I think it turned out pretty well.

Then I worked on her stockings. I wanted them to be blueish to bring down the blue of her hair without being too matchy. I think she's a pretty extra sort of lady, but still, matching her stockings to her hair seemed like a bit much. ::P: So I took the P3 Coal Black and mixed in some of the Warcolours Marine 4 to lay down this really lovely sort of navy colour. Then I added varying amounts of skin tones in very thin layers to highlight up. Lots of glazing to smooth out the blends, but I purposefully kept all of my brush strokes small and horizontal to give a slight texture. I wanted the stockings to be somewhat opaque, but to have a nice sheen to them. Her left side is relatively boring, compared to the other angles of her, so to bring some visual interest to that side, I did a little bit of freehand holes/a run in the stockings.

6pinupWN01.thumb.jpg.b39cedef35e5ea457d8f29898556909d.jpg

6pinupWN02.thumb.jpg.393c015afad1a467cd8420e2edcd1889.jpg

I love taking pictures of her from this angle. This is the kind of silhouette that keeps me excited about art. :wub:

6pinupWN03.thumb.jpg.7cad12673d934ff4ced587871123c478.jpg  

6pinupWN04.thumb.jpg.e026a131d205adabf6e0bac5e20b93f0.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

:wub:Well heeeellllloooooo!!!

howl.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4