Inspired by getting the docks done I did some more work on an unfinished watchtower project. 

It is a hexagonal pencil pot that I sawed in half. I put in balsa supports then layered coffee stirrers for the roof. 

To defend it I have added foam core board annexes either side of the door. 

I need to figure out how to do a lip all around the upper part (which will lift off) to disguise the joins. 

For the door I am probably just going to stick some magnetic material to the back of a couple of one sided resin doors so there can be a broken and unbroken option. 

Will paint or stick on the other doors and arrow slits. 

I haven't put it on a hill, wanted it to be versatile so a fairly limited wooden base. Will landscape it but keep it relatively flat. 

Will also add the ability to stick in artillery, I have the dwarf organ gun from Mantic and think that would be ideal as a 'deck gun'. 

20180408_221743.jpg

20180408_221822.jpg

20180408_221854.jpg

20180408_184228.jpg

20180409_073610.jpg

• Like 14

Used Eva foam to cut out and stick to the joins. 

Then sealed it with a mix of mod podge and black paint. Didn't touch the roof/ceiling.  Will see how it all looks when it dries! 

20180409_214612.jpg

20180409_214626.jpg

• Like 10

Painting came together quite quickly. Grey stippled on with a stencil brush in three shades, then using acrylic paint bricks in different colours to add texture. 

Still need to make the extras (deck gun, maybe a broken door and a hanging skeleton or corpse) and paint on arrow slits. 

20180410_223946.jpg

20180410_223942.jpg

20180410_223937.jpg

• Like 19

"TheDMscrsft" youtube chanel by GM Scotty has over 500 DIY videos on this kinda thing ... wish I saw this sooner he has a ton of great time/cost effective technics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2018 at 7:06 PM, Boaz said:

"TheDMscrsft" youtube chanel by GM Scotty has over 500 DIY videos on this kinda thing ... wish I saw this sooner he has a ton of great time/cost effective technics.

Scotty's stuff is awesome, as is the DMG, Black Magic Craft, Wyloch's site...

Good stuff, so little time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dan d'Lyon
      Didn't see a topic for this one, and thought there might be some interest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rocketpiggames/tilescape-gothic-city-3d-printable-modular-buildin?ref=profile_starred

About
      Tilescape 2.0 is a modular building system which allows for the ultimate customization of terrain. With our system you will have total control over your structures. There are several unique possibilities for your floors, streets, buildings (inner and outer walls), accessories, and roofs.
      ~ Intuitive/fast building single piece tile system  
      ~ Modular vertical walls insert-able walls/posts/columns
      ~ Insert-able doors and windows 
      ~ Insert-able accessories and decorations (curtains, traps, etc)
      Gothic City is the newest completely customizable terrain project from Rocket Pig Games. We provide you with the .stl files and you bring them to life on your 3D printer. It utilizes our Tilescape 2.0 building system which features totally modular building components from the ground up! 
      ~ Universal and Versatile Set will work well with many types of gaming!
         (Call of Cthulhu, Iron Kingdoms/WarmaHordes, Malifaux, DnD, Steampunk,       Victorian/Gothic settings, etc) 
      ~ The Biggest Lovecraftian/Gothic horror monster miniatures ever made! 
      ~ The most complex roof system available anywhere!
      ~ Make unique buildings in any shape and size!
      ~ Only modular system that has authentic medieval overhanging building
         floors.
      ~ The Gothic City Streets Core set also makes an a very good Dungeon tile-set.
      ~ Gothic City supplies everything you need to create a full medieval or
         Industrial Fantasy city!
      ~ Our unique and varied wooden floor planks, whimsical stone alleys, and brick streets can be used in their traditional way or as building interior floors, pathways, or balcony flooring. 
      Gothic City Buildings & Streets Limitless options for building shapes, types, and sizes! Make amazing streets and ally-ways with unique tiles! Create villages, cities, or forest cabins with our generous selection of stone and wood walls and roads! ~ Our modular interior walls are insertable and can be arranged however you see fit and the exterior walls can soar to great heights or expand in any direction. Add dimension to your landscape by making your buildings as tall or as short as you want! 

• By Brianuk
      Made up these market stalls and goods from Mantic Terrain Crate range. There were the well documented problems with the spindly supports to the stalls being completely bent. Hot water didn't fix the bigger stall so I had to stick additional supports on to it as a frame, made from matchsticks and mdf sprues.

Enjoyable painting up the tiny goods on display though and overall would still recommend product. Would be interesting to see something like it in Bones. 

• By bluecrowlaura
      Hello all! Here are a few pics of my second official terrain project. It's a castle/boss chamber, I suppose. I didn't really have anything in mind when I started building it; I was just fooling around with my new molds, tinkering with dry stacking. This eventually emerged.

I built it using Hirst Arts molds and bits from both Reaper and Mini Monsters. The Reaper parts are Large Sarcophagus (77540) and parts from Magic Treasures II and III. I made the flags from salad container plastic and various bits; one of these days I would like to go back and paint more detailed flags and replace these. I see so much amazing freehand banner work and I have artist envy...!

Happy painting,

Laura

• By kristof65
      This is a test piece for some ruins I'm printing and assembling.  I may have gone a bit overboard on the vines.

• By justcallmej
      Citadel for 3D Printing on Kickstarter
      Review with test prints at Haldane Creations
      Funded and many stretchgoals Open

• Who's Online   32 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)