jscurrier

Barbarian Axeman of Icingstead

Good painting! His attire seems very appropriate for bashing in faces, as a barbarian should. Might I suggest giving greenstuff a try to give his base some ground material? I will admit that I often have avoided minis with slotted bases because I find them a bit of a nuisance when I just want to sling paint :poke:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      This is the mini I painted a few months back.

My first try at painting tattoos too :D
      I'm very happy how he turned out, I've used him as a boss in my dnd campaign and people loved him :D

Next to a Mantic Greatax Orc :D

Next to a heavily converted 03197: Thelgar Halfblood :D

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here my project for this past week. A family of barbarians ready for adventure. All the minis are from Hasslefree, and I went with the same scheme for all of them to reinforce the familiarity. 
      Any feedback welcome ^^ here or on instagram, @albertnyarla 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Fighter (Echoes of Death version), she's a Kingdom Death: Monster re-imagining of their existing The Fighter mini, who, in turn, was Kingdom Deaths take on a generic fighter class character.

Quite pleased with this one. She took a while as I kept finding bits I'd missed hiding under her hair, and I rushed her shield in the end (it needs at least one more highlight, but my hands have been really shaky recently and I didn't want to mess it up) so I may put a bit more work in at a later date.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Patrik Strom
      A figure I started on november 2018 but never finished. Since I plan to finish way more miniatures in 2019, I thought this was good low hanging fruit. It's a cool sculpt from Hasslefree Miniatures kickstarter.

• By Rigel
      Julie Guthrie knows how to sculpt 'em! I love the twisted locks of hair on this lady, who meets the decency standards of the forum by fractions of a millimeter.

And while we're on a kick of well-built tropical adventurers with a healthy disdain for pants, here's Todd Harris's Jaatu. An excellent sculpt in the grand Imaro fashion, with dragon/crocodile armor and an axe that you KNOW does more than just hack at things. Axes with faces are not to be trifled with. 

Both of these are perfect for the Chultan-set Tomb of Annihiliation,  which I'm running currently. 
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 123 Guests (See full list)