Pingo

Another Danged Vampire: 50157: Townsfolk, Lady of the Night

Regrettable fashion choices indeed. I love the look of the fur jacket. I remember when those were in style. 

• Haha 1

Very nice work. She does scream beware, and in more than one way (i'll suck your blood, spice up your drink and rob you blind). Would be a nice NPC for a WoD game.

Excuse-me for my noobness, but what is WIP?

• Like 1

Oh dear!

I can imagine a male customer trying to get a certain thing...only to find out it means something totally different to her.

Poor guy...

She looks great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DankDungeonMaster said:

Very nice work. She does scream beware, and in more than one way (i'll suck your blood, spice up your drink and rob you blind). Would be a nice NPC for a WoD game.

Excuse-me for my noobness, but what is WIP?

It means “Work-In-Progress”, a step-by-step of how I got here.  (I take pictures as I go along, but I don’t always make a WIP thread for every figure.)

Don’t worry about asking questions. There’re always unexpected terms in hobbies, I’ve found. And this forum tends to the friendly and explanatory.

I am presently involved in a WoD game, although a particularly unorthodox one which has folded in “Exalted” as the returning prehistory. Behind the spoiler is my character in that game:

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

It means “Work-In-Progress”, a step-by-step of how I got here.  (I take pictures as I go along, but I don’t always make a WIP thread for every figure.)

Don’t worry about asking questions. There’re always unexpected terms in hobbies, I’ve found. And this forum tends to the friendly and explanatory.

I am presently involved in a WoD game, although a particularly unorthodox one which has folded in “Exalted” as the returning prehistory. Behind the spoiler is my character in that game:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the explanation! Very cool character that one too. Been so long since I've played WoD, it brings back memories.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      I found this to be one of the more challenging figures I've painted. A lot of skin, a lot of hair, and a lot of thin strands of hair next to skin. 

I went with the Evening Sky triad for his cloak, since it goes nicely with the Red Hair triad I used on his friend. With both of those I only highlighted to mid range, as I didn't think bright highlights would match the whole midnight tryst thing they've got going on.

It's barely visible in the picture, but at the bottom of her right eye is a very thin line of black to denote her eyelid. As much as I'd like to claim skill in getting it there, it was pure luck more than anything.The strands of her hair covering his head don't quite match my original mix, as I had no idea they were there until I went to finish his skin. 

• By Pingo
      These are Reaper's 02830: Wolf Pack, sculpted by Geoff Valley. They are mounted on one-inch fender washers.

I painted them for versatility, which is why there is a variety of color and base types.

Detailed WIP thread here.
    • By Spooktalker
      Hi all, I thought you might like to see the Mordheim gang I just finished, particularly because it features a bunch of Reaper figures. It's hard to believe I started this over ten years ago. They sat around for years with a good portion done, and lately I've had my old projects in my sites and am finishing them off.

Mordheim Undead Gang

I wrote about them and shared more pics in a blog post here: https://belchedfromthedepths.blogspot.com/2018/06/mordheim-undead-gang.html

More pics of the reaper ones:

Reaper Matthias the Twisted, Vampire

I shared the vampire already here, so you may have seen him already. New backdrop with this pic for consistency.

Reaper Gravedigger
      Reaper humans are too tall, IMO, to mix in generally with Mordheim figures, but the vampire and gravedigger are conscious exceptions as they fit right in towering over their fellows.

There was no way I wasn't going to have this Reaper monkey in the crew. He's from a familiars pack.

Reaper Ghouls and Ghast

Reaper Hellhounds
      Last up are these Reaper hellhounds, or dire wolves, in Mordheim game terms. I was and am thinking of them as black dogs of yore like the barghest rather than wolves.

• By Othikent
      I did these guys a few months ago.

I challenged myself when I painted these guys and avoided using washes. I'm very happy with the turnout.
      I'd love to hear what you all think.
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)