Pingo

Another Danged Vampire: 50157: Townsfolk, Lady of the Night

Regrettable fashion choices indeed. I love the look of the fur jacket. I remember when those were in style. 

• Haha 1

Very nice work. She does scream beware, and in more than one way (i'll suck your blood, spice up your drink and rob you blind). Would be a nice NPC for a WoD game.

Excuse-me for my noobness, but what is WIP?

• Like 1

Oh dear!

I can imagine a male customer trying to get a certain thing...only to find out it means something totally different to her.

Poor guy...

She looks great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DankDungeonMaster said:

Very nice work. She does scream beware, and in more than one way (i'll suck your blood, spice up your drink and rob you blind). Would be a nice NPC for a WoD game.

Excuse-me for my noobness, but what is WIP?

It means “Work-In-Progress”, a step-by-step of how I got here.  (I take pictures as I go along, but I don’t always make a WIP thread for every figure.)

Don’t worry about asking questions. There’re always unexpected terms in hobbies, I’ve found. And this forum tends to the friendly and explanatory.

I am presently involved in a WoD game, although a particularly unorthodox one which has folded in “Exalted” as the returning prehistory. Behind the spoiler is my character in that game:

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

It means “Work-In-Progress”, a step-by-step of how I got here.  (I take pictures as I go along, but I don’t always make a WIP thread for every figure.)

Don’t worry about asking questions. There’re always unexpected terms in hobbies, I’ve found. And this forum tends to the friendly and explanatory.

I am presently involved in a WoD game, although a particularly unorthodox one which has folded in “Exalted” as the returning prehistory. Behind the spoiler is my character in that game:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the explanation! Very cool character that one too. Been so long since I've played WoD, it brings back memories.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      A rotting stench catches you nose. You see a creature slowly moving in your direction waving a dagger. At first, it looks like a beggar wearing rags. He utters a low moan and you realize as it's coming out of the shadows that he's missing part of its scalp and has a gaping hole in its abdomen through which you see his ribs and his petrified organs. Turning to the cleric, you scream with horror. Zombie!
      Here's 02102, Plague Zombie, Dark Heaven Legends sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.
      It's the second time i paint this model, here's the link to 02043: Undead Rising, 02102: Plague Zombie & 02157: Undead Awakening I painted 10 years ago.

• By Rob Dean
      As if I didn’t have enough to do, I started playing around with the design systems on the Hero Forge web site. I finally ended up ordering a couple of figures to see how they looked when done. I’ve been reading the various Bordertown books lately, so ended up drifting into some urban fantasy territory here. 

It’s a little unfortunate that their system doesn’t have a playing pose, given the availability of the violin and bow. I do seem to accumulate musicians, though...

The necromantic spell effect wasn’t my first choice, but it looked like the safest from a structural integrity view, so I went with it. 

Both of these were done in the higher grade plastic, and I was pleased to
      see that the layer lines were pretty much invisible after painting.   
    • By Metalchaos
      The door opens to reveal a room filled with bones. There are large and small ribs and leg bones, bare and white, piled ankle deep, with a huge pile in the center. The large pile is topped by a cow’s skull, and you see numerous other skulls, shattered and broken, hidden among other bones. As you enter the room, the pile of bones stirs from its resting place. It rises from a crouch to reveal a fully constructed minotaur skeleton. Within its bovine flicker twin motes of malevolent light. Jeff Grubb – Wrath of the Minotaur.

It’s the second time I paint this awesome 77559, Undying Minotaur, Dark Heaven Bones 50mm tall model sculpted by Bob Rodolfi. I painted this Bones version for the D&D Fast-Play Adventure Wrath of the Minotaur.

• By Metalchaos
      As you explore the ossuary, you hear wailings coming from a dark corner behind a sarcophagus. You see what seems to be a lost child, squatting and shivering. Chills run down your spine, when you first apprehension turns out to be dreadfully wrong. This foul creature has mottled decaying flesh, its eyes burn of hatred as it looks at you with a grim smile... Not a Reaper Miniatures but I thought some of you might like that Old school Citadel miniatures FTD-12 Dwarf Children (girl), distributed in North America by RAFM back in 1981. I painted it with acrylics as a child-sized Ghoul for the purpose of a DnD game need.

• By Metalchaos
      From the thick bushes on either side of the road, a volley of javelins flies towards you. You try to take cover while a second volley is hurled. Heavy rain makes it uneasy to see anything. The bushes rustle, and your assailants appear next to you. It's a group of four reptilian humanoids about six feet tall. Their roughened leathery scales shift from grayish brown to green. A disgusting smell sickens you as the chameleon-like creatures attack you with their primitive weapons, their teeth and claws.
      Here are the Lizardmen, Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Gene Van Horne.
      From left to right;
      77426 Lizardman with Club and Shield
      77154 Lizardman Spearman
      77155 Lizardman Warrior 77425 Lizardman Archer       77154 Lizardman Spearman           77155 Lizardman Warrior           77425 Lizardman Archer           77426 Lizardman with Club and Shield        
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)