Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

New Releases May 7, 2018

The following new release items have a hard release date of Monday, May 7, 2018. 

Bones Fantasy Plastic Miniatures
77577___ Manticore by Julie Guthrie $5.99
77584___ Large Air Elemental by Julie Guthrie $4.99
77619___ Hangman’s Gibbet    by Andrew Pieper $5.99
77622___ Avatar of Wisdom (Giraffe)by Jason Wiebe $3.49
77627___ Shipwreck Revenant by Jason Wiebe $24.99
77635___ Graveyard Archway by Bob Ridolfi $2.79
77636___ Death Shroud    by Julie Guthrie $2.79
77638___ Graveyard Column (x2) by Kevin Williams $7.99
77639___ Graveyard Shrine by Kevin Williams $2.79
80079___ Blackstar Corsair Delta by Chris Lewis $3.29
80080___ Blackstar Corsair Echo by Chris Lewis $3.29

• Like 12

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      A few 1/72 scale fantasy things to while away a rainy day. A few of the knights were from a recent business trip, but I finished three more to round out a commander stand yesterday.

• By pcktlnt
      Hordes of the Auld World - Orcs and Goblins, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/hordes-of-the-auld-world-orcs-and-goblins

Dont know how to share more information while on the phone.
    • By Rob Dean
      I’m on the road; post-Gencon, my muse is informing me that I need more troops for the Portable Fantasy Campaign. I try not to ignore her lest all inspiration leave me, so here we are so far. Most of these figures are from Accurate, with a couple of other makers mixed in. 

I brought a bunch and don’t expect to run out; we’ll see how far I get. 
    • By Rob Dean
      I was idling yesterday and decided to paint up a few 1/72 scale plastic figures to add to the portable gaming set up I'll be taking to Gencon.  These figures are a mix of old Airfix and other more modern manufacturers; I don't think any two are from the same maker or set.

I'm not entirely happy with the painting; my hands are steady enough and my magnification is good enough for the size of the figure, but I'm working toward trying to predict/plan/produce the right paint consistency to apply it with a Winsor Newton 000 brush without being so gloppy that it dries on the way to the miniature, nor yet so runny that it spreads as soon as it touches the miniature.  At least they all meet the three foot viewing distance guideline for tabletop gaming.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      I've never been much of a fan of GW.  I mean the first fig I ever painted was GW, but that's because my friend (who was also the store owner) gave it to me for free (Come on, try it, the first one's free....).
      And I played some Bloodbowl back in the day (should really finish my Chaos Dwarf team one of these days...only been a decade or two).
      But I never really got into anything GW was making. Style wasn't what I was looking for, or the price point, or whatever.
      So then last week I was in Montreal for the GP (great time, too bad the race itself was soooooo boring). Was visiting a friend who lives up there and we wandered into the rather impressive GW store in the Eaton Centre.  Took a look around and caught sight of this:

Apparently a new edition of Age of Sigmar is coming out this week, and these guys are a faction.  Or whatever the different groups are called.
      I thought, "Those are pretty cool!  Flying stuff.  Steampunky.  I like."

Then we left.  And I went and marshaled for 3 days (the support races were better, btw).
      Then we met back up on Monday.  And I was still thinking about the cool steampunky flying ships.  So we went back and I picked up the starter. (they have 2 bigger flying ships too, but ouch, not cheap).

So, this is what they look like when you open the box:

Oye! Lots of bits.  Looks like everything has options (they have a very detailed assembly guide, quite impressive).  Options that presumably follow rules.  Rules I'm not sure I'll ever read, let alone play. 
      But I may check with the local store; I think they had some folks playing something GW.

So that's all I've done with them so far, but figured I'd post and get the WIP started. These may take a bit to get going.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)