paintybeard

"Overrunners" SF kickstarter

This is by Bob Naismith, who has a long pedigree in figure design.

I really like all of it, especially the hoverbikes. But the prices are steep. I might buy a couple of display pieces, wish I could afford an army.

Edited by paintybeard

I have my eye on this one. Pricey but I might dig deep for it, or not, hard to tell right now. The renders are amazing though.

• Like 1

This is one I've been waiting a while for.

Just hoping I can afford to get all that I want.

Or some of what I want.

At least a bike...

• Like 1

I have liked Bob Naismith's work for a long time - but it has always been for the style and character of his models, not for his technical skills. I love his undead - they have amazingly expressive... skulls...

This project... was an amazing leap in the detail and precision of his craft.

For some reason it makes me want to run Twilight: 2000. (Remember when the year 2000 was The Future?)

The Auld Grump - my favorite is the dune buggy. ::):

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bobs been showing off renders of some possible future stretch goals. From his Facebook page...

Robots

IMG_1590.PNG.ea8fd39654a88ea749d52a7b1f99f9df.PNGIMG_1591.PNG.d37f461a76126de2021e217942730652.PNG

Female Troops

IMG_1592.PNG.5c33092db6fa68cc6609b14abb7fad14.PNGIMG_1593.PNG.22b2ea59c5fcad12d8b972b982b1aece.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

These are very nice. I have been wanting figures just like these for a game called 'The Morrow Project' for a really long time. Between these figures and the mutants from Hate, I should have plenty of post apocalypse minis. And these look so very nice.

I will have to wait and see what becomes available as a stretch goal and what will be available as an additional purchase.

buckyball

Morrow Project - now there's a name from the past!

So many ways to get dead in that game.

Huh! There's a new edition!

The Auld Grump - PA gamer since Gamma World... then Aftermath.

Another upcoming stretch goal render revealed, Reptos.

IMG_1601.thumb.PNG.54a762669d60a76b08db0326f6bc1cbd.PNG

The only issue I have is that they look a little too much like a human in a mask. Sure the head is great but the rest of them doesn't look alien at all.

I've suggested he make some changes to the legs to make them look less human, but I don't know that'll happen.

Apparently dog heads will be another future option to make more aliens out of these sculpts.

Maybe we'll get cat heads in the future do that I can finally get my Kzinti minis.

With only 77 backers the campaign has been in a bit of a midkickstarter lull. The funding level has been reached, but only barely.

Have to admit it surprises me that a sculptor with decades worth of experience who has done work for so many different miniatures companies over the years only has 77 backers at this point.

• Like 2

I think he is hitting the wall because of the pricing. These are definitely on the pricey side approaching $10 a mini for the troopers.

• Like 1

I think that's also the thing... Price is high enough many tend to look and think a lot longer. 

Dog heads as an option eh?  Wonder if they'd be digitigrade legs to go with that.... 

The Reptos are definitely interesting, but I also agree that they should look more... Non human. 

• Like 1

When I first saw the Reptos renders I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be reptile aliens,  or instead humans wearing a reptile helmet as done in Stargate.

• Like 1

New Repto leg design.

IMG_1604.thumb.JPG.f4d6758344cd187da22dc5573c7f722e.JPG

I Ike them a lot better.

They look like fast movers.

Bob is asking for feedback so they may not be final.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      I was in on the Chibi project they did earlier this year and it was delivered on-time and the quality was good.  This looks like an interesting assortment of figures, including good deals on  bunch of Heartbreaker stuff!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/impact-miniatures-presents-the-lost-ks-mini-projec?ref=friends_launched

Their synopsis:

Not All Minis go to Heaven
       Impact! believes that lost and forgotten or unmade miniatures shouldn't stay lost to the hard drive abyss they've been relegated to.  
      Whether they were from discontinued lines, failed or undelivered projects we think they deserve to be resurected, brought into the light, and that's why this project is dedicated that end.   
      Today we give you a chance to get minis that are either no longer available, or never made it the light of day.  
      Over the past year Impact! has reached out to different Kickstarter Creators whose lines of miniatures failed to fund, were never got delivered or finished, or simply were discontinued after an initial printing run.     
      We've licensed or outright purchased everything shown in this project and now all that is left raise the capital for molds and materials and bring these amazing miniatures to backers to you, your friends, and your families and for gamers on tables everywhere! 
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/starcadia-quest/description

Main Game ($80)

Expansion Box ($40, so $120 total)

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Singapore (Singaporean backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a standard game package (4kg volumetric weight). Keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may rise based on weight increases from unlocked stretch goals and any optional buys you choose.
      USA: $10-$20 to most states. $50 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.  CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities.  LATIN AMERICA: $70-$80 to most countries.  ASIA: $10 to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. $35 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia). OCEANIA: $20-$45 to Australia. $40 to New Zealand.  AFRICA: $95 to most countries.  EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries.   • $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia.   • $50 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland.   • $70-$80 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.  • $90 to Belarus. Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.
      *WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
      Basically a Tweaked version of Arcadia Quest designed to run faster and be easier to set up, with Sci-Fi-ification

Dicetower preview video

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Rulebook work in progress

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno-0?ref=discovery

About
                                        1 CHF = 0,88 EUR = 1,02 USD
      Through this project we want to expand our new series of collectibles miniatures inspired by The Divine Comedy, the Dante Alighieri's poem, the book that recounts about the mystical and fabulous journey that the italian poet Dante Alighieri accomplished through the three realms of the afterlife: INFERNO, PURGATORIO and PARADISO.  
      Last year we have completed an amazing campaign here on Kickstarter dedicated to the launch of the first figures of this new series. The welcome that the project received was exceptional and many backers asked us about the characters of the poem of Dante Alighieri that we didn't produce during the first wave of releases. Well, in this campaign you'll find the expansion: a second series of figures inspired by The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri is ready to be produced, they are just waiting your support.
      1. You'll get the NEW miniatures of Dante's Inferno series several months before their official launch: these figures are NOT going to be released soon!!  
      2. Our designs are unique, we take care carefully about every detail of our productions in order to offer you the most spectacular miniatures for your collection.  
      3. Geryon is KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE, it means that this creature won't be available in the future! This Kickstarter is your only chanche to get it.  
      4. The other amazing figures will NOT have the same price when released: their price on Kickstarter is the cheaper price.  
      5. You're a fan of Aradia and your support will allow this company to continue to bring out fantastic models and dioramas - real pieces of art.  
      6. We have already managed successfully 2 Kickstarter campaigns in the past and intend to stand for it in the future.  
      7. We are equipped to produce high quality resin miniatures in large quantities and ship them in a reasonable time.  
      8. Returning Backers receive extra bonus.  
      9. You'll have the possibility to buy Add-Ons from previous series of Dante's Inferno at Kickstarter prices and get freebies.  
      10. You'll be part of a fantastic adventure to make this project reality for us all, keeping alive this unique miniatures series based on The Divine Comedy: Dante's Inferno.
      There are 2 kind of backers for this campaign, the old heroes who already descended to Inferno and are not afraid to return in that gloomy place and the new heroes who are descinding right now.  
      We have planned, for some add-ons, 2 different prices: one for "returning backers" and another one for "new backers".  
      - RETURNING BACKERS = Backers who already backed our first campaign of Dante's Inferno during 2017 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno  
      - NEW BACKERS = Backers who are backing Dante's Inferno for the first time  
      ALL THE BACKERS OF THIS CAMPAIGN WILL BECOME AUTOMATICALLY "RETURNING BACKERS" IN THE NEXT ARADIA KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN, BEING ABLE TO ENJOY ALL THE BENEFITS OF "RETURNING BACKERS".
    • By Natakue
      Super Chibi Round 4 form Midknight Heroes is now LIVE on Kickstarter. Time to get your chibi on! Please if you can spread the word we would appreciate it. This time around we are packed with a ton of great chibis with characters like Nona the Uni mage, Tenago the Dwarven 1/2 Dragon and Sakura the gang enforcer from Sector 7. Not to mention we have some amazing stretch goals planned including a new bust. Stop by and take a look.

Kickstarter Link: https://tinyurl.com/y7kxdjx8

Natakue

P.S.take a look at our core characters.

Nona, Uni Mage

Sakura 

• Who's Online   47 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)