Pochi

Jedi Babies (I made ornaments!)

7 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Are these clam shell ornaments?

They are clear ornaments from Hobby Lobby. There are different sizes, these are the smallest sized ones. The sides are not attached. One side has a small lip that fits them together. I did go ahead and glue the sides together so they won't open.

Edited by Pochi
Clarification.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pochi said:

They are clear ornaments from Hobby Lobby. There are different sizes, these are the smallest sized ones. The sides are not attached. One side has a small lip that fits them together. I did go ahead and glue the sides together so they won't open.

Thanks.  I've experimented with snow globes, and knew ornaments were a thing, but haven't looked at what options were available.

• Like 2

Just now, Clearman said:

Thanks.  I've experimented with snow globes, and knew ornaments were a thing, but haven't looked at what options were available.

I'll admit, figuring out how to put them in there and make it look good was harder than it seemed in my head. Maybe there is a simpler way to do it but I struggled! I like how it turned out but if I do more, I will be trying to find a new way to do it.

• Like 2

Brilliant!

15 minutes ago, Clearman said:

I've seen them at Michaels too. I loaded up on some last holiday season, but I haven't played much with them yet.

• Like 1

If you make several with the space fighters in them you could have a .. wait for it...

X-wing-mass 

Edited by Boaz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Those are AMAZING!!  They must be so small!  

Really great work!

Thank you!

They are super tiny! I have a couple photos of them next to a penny in the WIP thread:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree's HFA180, Monique, part of a group of modern adventurers I've been working on.

There is no WIP thread.

• By strawhat

It's not that I haven't been painting, I just haven't been posting.  I've actually completed some 40% of the Imperial Assault line since I started (focusing on what the Imperial player owns first).

Ok, not much to say here.  Just the basics, really: Rainy Grey, Ghost White, and Pure White. Pure Black where needed.  The shields were done with the silver metallic triads (one triad per group).  The batons were a silver metallic triad and the gun metal metallics.  Not a lot of variety, but enough to spot the difference on the table.  I've thought about going back after the visor lenses with some Adamantium Black, but somehow that sounds like too much work and I'm eager to be done with the troopers.  So many troopers.  Sooo much white.

I'm planning on continuing the hashes on all the bases--With a few exceptions, you really don't see many situations where you'll have anything more than the regular unit and the elite.  So paint one set of white marks on the regular and a set of red marks on the elites!  Unique characters get a solid base without a mark.

@Cyradis, I know the pictures aren't great, but I used the masking tape for the marks on the bases.  I'd say it worked reasonably well, and came up easily even after making sure I had decent adhesion.  I reused the same few pieces for each base, so there's some durability there.  I would note, however, that the tape will work better if you have a large-ish and flat-ish area in which to work.  The tape went down easily, pulled up easily, and provided a reasonable edge.  Yes, I could clean it up a little, but at 3' away the little smudges aren't very visible.

My next batch of minis will have something a little more suitable for testing the tape.  I've got a couple Dewbacks that will need more than just the standard dull green.
    • By Pingo
      So I realized I only had one painted dwarf (!) when one of my GMs asked me if I had anything for the Jadeborn, a race in Exalted that is roughly equivalent to dwarves except for the 0.001% who are roughly equivalent to elves. And they are also sort of stone golems. Based on jade.

I thought Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, would do well for one of the elfy artisan Jadeborn and I pulled out a random assortment of seven (because of course) dwarves for the worker and warrior Jadeborn.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I left a few crystal and gem areas white so they will have more luminosity later.

Left to right:
      Reaper 60184, Meyanda Android Priestess; Ral Partha; Hasslefree HFD014 Hatherley; Oathsworn Miniatures; Oathsworn Miniatures; Red Box Games; Stonehaven Miniatures; Reaper 14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero

Details:

The Ral Partha dwarf is tiny!

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree's HFA181: Big Charles, painted up as a vampire (although he could do duty for something else awful and inhuman as well, maybe a zombie). I had accidentally acquired two of him and this seemed a reasonable use for the extra one, especially since one of my GMs is running a vampire-heavy campaign.

He hasn't got a shadow on purpose because vampire ...

There is no WIP thread. Critiques, questions, and comments are welcome, as always.

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree's HFA183 from their modern adventurers line. Our game needed some regular modern mook types, and Hasslefree is pretty good with them.

I started him ages ago, but life and politics intervened.

There is no WIP thread.

• Who's Online   44 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)