alchemist

Ral Partha AD&D Marid

Nice job! I painted one of these back in the day when you could buy them in a hobby store.

52 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

What colors are the skin? Such a nice deep color!

If I recall correctly, the skin was done with the (discontinued) Reptilian Greens triad (09762).

I may have added a little linen white to the final highlight, I don't remember for sure.

• Like 1

Reaper takes paint out of circulation when it doesn’t sell well don’t they? I just put in an order not too long go and lots of my old paints weren’t available any more 

Looks great!  I've been having a really hard time with greens lately.

You should consider putting some flock under the pits: this looks like a guy that should have very hair armpits.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning,

so here's my last little painted piece of happiness, another Hackmaster figure that Ral Partha has gotten a hold of, a human thief.  I actually kind of have begun liking these figures quite a lot, as they feel like prototypes of their classes so often, kind of generic, but very nicely done in that old school feel.  I wanted dark colors for this one, but didn't want just black, so hopefully gave him a bit of variety with the colors.

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all,

so just finished this one, another really fun and adventurous Dwarf sculpted by Jim Johnson back in 2002-2003. Another piece from the Hackmaster line from Kenzer and Company, but was acquired by Ral Partha and now being cast by them.  Hopefully dwarfy enough colors, started out with his skin as tanned highlights and gave him some nice black hair.  I thought about doing something with the runes on his axe but then just figured I'd leave them as metal.

Enjoy!
    • By Pingo
      So I realized I only had one painted dwarf (!) when one of my GMs asked me if I had anything for the Jadeborn, a race in Exalted that is roughly equivalent to dwarves except for the 0.001% who are roughly equivalent to elves. And they are also sort of stone golems. Based on jade.

I thought Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, would do well for one of the elfy artisan Jadeborn and I pulled out a random assortment of seven (because of course) dwarves for the worker and warrior Jadeborn.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I left a few crystal and gem areas white so they will have more luminosity later.

Left to right:
      Reaper 60184, Meyanda Android Priestess; Ral Partha; Hasslefree HFD014 Hatherley; Oathsworn Miniatures; Oathsworn Miniatures; Red Box Games; Stonehaven Miniatures; Reaper 14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero

Details:

The Ral Partha dwarf is tiny!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      just finished another Ral Partha Hackmaster figure, this time a male dwarf thief, dagger in one hand and crossbow in the other.   It's another figure sculpted by the prolific Jim Johnson back in about 2003.

For this one, I wanted darker colors, but really the hardest part on him was deciding the line at the edges of his leather jerkin. I had considered red and gold, but then for some reason purple ended up being the color I went with. 

Enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So here is one of the more interesting figures I've seen in a while, and a bit unusual. This is from the Hackmaster series that Ral Partha acquired and currently offers, sculpted by Bob Olley.  She is a female dwarf cleric, and as was mentioned somewhere way back when in the Lord of the Rings if I recall originally, she is a bearded female dwarf. Now I'm not going to pretend that she is a beauty to behold, but I think she's an extremely cool little lady, who would probably shove that hammer up into where she sun no longer shines.  

I probably would have finished her sooner, but I always run into that issue of what colors to use. This started from the color of her beard all the way to virtually the end when I had to decide on a color for her mace haft.  Do you give her "feminine" colors or do you just make her kind of generally grungy browns, blacks and greys?  So I ended up going with colors, and couldn't resist throwing some pink in there.

Not a new figure, sculpted I'm guessing around 2003. As I detached her from her temporary base and looked at the bottom, there wasn't a year on her, but I think most of t he Hackmaster pieces were done in the early 2000's.

So anyways, enjoy!

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)