SamuraiJack

Court of the Dead - Mourner's Call 4/24

About

b962617cda891c3c94f88b8819ee82e6_origina

Court of the Dead: Mourners Call is a 2-4 player, highly competitive board game that calls upon players to balance cooperative needs against their own ulterior motives. There are many paths to uniting the Underworld, but only one Mourner will realize his or her vision. The player who wields his or her power and faction influence the best will gain the most points to win.

You and your fellow mourners must work together to bring balance to the Underworld, but… only one of you can truly Rise, Conquer, Rule!

4180e5854e902032994b3c993e31834d_origina
f86afe7a03af76250f925b77060f8ce0_origina
d81c3f9168e1416e1dab3903029bc6bd_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
Live, updated

Uh oh!

**Shoos wallet away**

"Go hide little buddy!  And don't come out no matter what!  Even if I'm calling for you!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah I kind of hope it is just way too expensive!

Just now, SamuraiJack said:

Hmm she might be just a model for Sideshow Collectables.. I'm investigating

Oooohhh!  If I can just buy a couple of these miniatures I would be extremely interested!  

Please let us know what you find.

Well maybe she will come in a smaller format for the game.. otherwise she's $460 and pre-painted and 20" tall.. sigh

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

54 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

29177108_1856841764360484_16591493024186

You had me at "gorgeous snake-lady!"

9 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Well maybe she will come in a smaller format for the game.. otherwise she's $460 and pre-painted and 20" tall.. sigh

...and lost me at...well, all three of those last descriptors are terrible in my book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Goodbye, pretty snake lady ::(:

• Haha 2

On 4/11/2018 at 10:58 AM, SamuraiJack said:

I *MAYBE* could have lived with the last item, but the first 2 definitely kill this for me (well could always just RE-paint the pre-paint, but still)

• Like 1

Yeah no prepaint for me!  

Oh and the $460 price tag is just a hair out of my price range. But maybe like @SamuraiJack said they will make a smaller version for the game. 

It would be cool if they just offered just the miniatures as a pledge level.  Does anyone ever see KS like that?  Being able to buy just the miniatures but not the whole game?

3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Yeah no prepaint for me!  

Oh and the $460 price tag is just a hair out of my price range. But maybe like @SamuraiJack said they will make a smaller version for the game. 

It would be cool if they just offered just the miniatures as a pledge level.  Does anyone ever see KS like that?  Being able to buy just the miniatures but not the whole game?

Some Kickstarter projects will offer miniature pledges, but those pledges are like 10 to $20 away from the pledge cost that includes the game.

• Like 2

I think there are some misconceptions here. Sideshow have been making these Court of the Dead statuettes for a while, with a whole line of supporting projects like comics, puzzles, art books etc. They are just now branching into a board game based on their IP. The minis for the game seem to range from the size of the smaller Gods from Mythic Battles Pantheon to a more common tabletop scale. If you go to the sideshowtoy web page they have a link to a lot of Court of the Dead info. I found a teaser video that will likely be their kickstarter video:

The first half is a lot of interesting fluff for the setting, but the second half of the video is gameplay with a good look at the figures. They are unpainted. I also found a first-look video by Man vs. Meeple that talks about gameplay and shows a few more figures plus a lot of game info.

It does look like it might be an interesting game, if the price point isn't too bad I'll probably back. It looks like the game is made by ProjectRaygun who seem to be the actual game designers. I'm not familiar with them but they made the The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 game which seems well received on BGG.

I was doing a little more searching and I found a web site devoted to the game. It has a pdf of the rules amongst other things. It doesn't appear to be a commerce site so it should be okay to link: http://projectraygun.com/mourners-call/

• Like 2

Oh no ::(:

As if it's not bad enough that Sideshow has to constantly tease me with their $500-$2000 gorgeous xenomorph models, now they have to tease me with more Court of the Dead. :down:

I have the Court of the Dead artbook and it's so gorgeous, I have been debating for a while on getting a second copy so that I can frame some of the prints without feeling too guilty about cutting up the book. But most of the line has just been too expensive for my budget, much like all of Sideshow's gorgeous art.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this to see what the price point is going to be. It might be worth it to me even just to get the Death figure because he is so gorgeous and I'm never going to be able to afford the $700 model. (Not when there are $2000 xenomorph queen models to strive to be able to afford :lol:)

• Like 3