Vytau

Sound Off for CAV II KS!

6 minutes ago, Jeneki said:

Did someone say Bigtator?  :wub:

He's on the way! I'm finishing up some new pics right now!

33 minutes ago, CAVBOSS said:

I'm guessing the store will be on the talon games site, or will it be somewhere else? 

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm guessing the store will be on the talon games site, or will it be somewhere else? 

It will be linked from there for sure.

OK...we should be "hot" (crosses fingers)...

anyway you can access off of the cavhq.com site (see button on top of that page) or you can use our new url... www.talon.games or from the CAV: Strike Ops FB page.

8 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

OK...we should be "hot" (crosses fingers)...

anyway you can access off of the cavhq.com site (see button on top of that page) or you can use our new url... www.talon.games or from the CAV: Strike Ops FB page.

The site was working last night, but the forums took a nap... So I ask this question this morning! 

... Any thoughts on when international shipping will be enabled?  At the moment when you go to check out it only let's you select United States as your country, so it's hard to do a quick calculation to see if one can pick up shiny stuff ^_^

Edited by WhiteWulfe

Looks nice, will the KS2 CAVs only be available through the talon site, or will they also be coming to the reaper store eventually too?

• Like 2

We are making sure everything is working right on our end before we add overseas options. I cant tell you for sure when that will happen.

Reaper will continue to stock the CAV line so I'm assuming they will add the new minis (plastic-wise) in the future but I have no idea when that might happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAVBOSS said:

We are making sure everything is working right on our end before we add overseas options. I cant tell you for sure when that will happen.

Reaper will continue to stock the CAV line so I'm assuming they will add the new minis (plastic-wise) in the future but I have no idea when that might happen.

Good to know.  :) 

Double posting instead of editing in case previous message was already read:  I guess the main reason why I keep asking is I'd love to get my paws on some of the new models, as well as the extra starter kits (reaper only has two, cav site has four)... And above all else the paints.. 

... But I'm in Canada. Hence why regularly asking about international :) 

On 5/9/2018 at 8:15 PM, CAVBOSS said:

Hehe! HE most certainly is on the way!!

I got a spot picked out for him too . . . :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Double posting instead of editing in case previous message was already read:  I guess the main reason why I keep asking is I'd love to get my paws on some of the new models, as well as the extra starter kits (reaper only has two, cav site has four)... And above all else the paints.. 

... But I'm in Canada. Hence why regularly asking about international :) 

We are talking to RAFM Minis about carrying the CAV line in Canada. As soon as I know more I will let you know.

Also be sure to keep bugging your local store if one is available. It is actually a lot easier for us to ship to a retail location with a big order and supports them to boot!

Edited by CAVBOSS

I drove to Oklahoma City today and found CAV on the shelf at Games HQ. Only the Wave 1 stuff but it was nice buy something from a retail store.

J--

• Like 4

On 5/11/2018 at 7:39 PM, jsalyers said:

I drove to Oklahoma City today and found CAV on the shelf at Games HQ. Only the Wave 1 stuff but it was nice buy something from a retail store.

J--

Mike does a good job of supporting Reaper there (and Ron lets him of course! :) ) 

I still haven't had the chance to go through my CAV:SO 2 box! Gotta get it done!! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      My latest project is my recently arrived Stonehaven Adventurers 2018. 

There's a nice amount of variety in this set, though I do miss the themes of their old projects.

The more traditional adventurers first:

The Human Ranger.  Stonehaven Humans have really grown on me.

The Hireling.  I can see him being useful for all sorts of D&D games, or as a Mule for Frostgrave.

The Half-Elf Cleric.  I liked her pet.

My surprise favorite of the Kickstarter, the Half-Elf Witch.

Another caster in a very evocative pose, the Human Elemantalist.

Another female miniature in a unique pose, the Human Thief.

Last of the more "traditional" heroes, she's labelled "Human Sorceress" but is clearly a Lich in disguise.

I figured the Owlfolk could use their own flock.  They'll be seeing use as Aarakocra, I'm sure.

The Child Owlkin Engineer.  Looks like a Bubo.

The Pygmy Rogue.

The Owlkin Fighter.

The wise old owl, possibly named Virgil.

• By CAVBOSS
      Had some questions come up over on FB so I thought I would post the answers here for everyone to see...

1. So any CAV can use the "target Lock" action not needing LOS.  This would be required to fire Guided missiles.  A target lock only gives a +1 or +2 to hit if they have the Advanced targeting computer 1 or 2 respectively or does the target lock give a +1 and then the target lock computer (1) would be a net total of +2 to hit?  2.  If a CAV has the SA: TAG it can use its target lock action and paint a target.  Is that target painted for ALL CAVS in my force (IE back line fire support), just for that CAVS squad, or just for that CAV?  Does it need the SA: EST to share the TAG target lock?

Los is NOT required to use the Target-Lock Action. The Target-Lock Action or TAG is a requirement to use GMs (which would require LoS to shoot them). An Adv Targeting Computer is NOT required to use the Target-Lock Action (as every non-infantry model has at least a Basic Targeting Computer. The Adv Targeting Computer allows for the addition of a (+) situation modifier equal to it's rating level (the Target-Lock action does NOT add anything) to a direct-fire combat action or an indirect-fire strike point roll.
      TAG can also be used to fire GMs and can be activated by the use of a Special Action or as part of a Combat Action (LoS required). As long as the TAG is valid (the targeted-model does not move out of LoS or the model using TAG is destroyed), ANY friendly model in the Force Group can benefit from its use. EST is NOT required as TAG is a physical element that is used by the ammo of the weapon system being used.

3.  If i take Smoke shells as an upgrade for a CAVS gun can I target open ground with them to make a smoke wall?  If I target open ground do I just place the smoke markers where I want or is there an attack roll I need to make?

Only artillery can use the Smoke Shell upgrade, but yes you are always targeting a point on the ground with an indirect-fire weapon system.  You are still required to make a strike-point roll for the targeted location with a failed roll resulting in scatter.

4.  Do doctrines apply to Tanks and Aircraft?  I thought i read something online that said if you take 4 CAVS and 2 tanks in an attack squad that that one squad could not take a doctrine.

Yes, factions do not mix model types (other than in a Special Squad). So the only way you would have an attack squad with this mix would be a non-faction based force group (such as mercenaries) which cannot use doctrines.
      NOTE: This applies to a "true" faction force only to make it valid for the sake of faction doctrines. You could build an all-Templar force and mix and match model types and still call it a Templar Force Group, it just isn't eligible for faction doctrine bonuses.
    • By Doublesix66
      Greetings all as the summers now over I'm going to be painting again so I'm going to be painting an Adon Cav force theme that I've decided will be a jungle style Camo. I'll add to this thread as I did with the UTF force that I did earlier in the year http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78751-cav-utf-painted-force-pic-heavy/&tab=comments#comment-1678472

so heres the 1st test batch that I'll be sorting A Mantis, Kestrel, Bishop & Ogre Cavs with some ground support from Some Chieftains, Commander I & Centipede ground vechiles.

Thanks for looking hopeful to  be updating soon (just got to paint 2 blood bowl teams up 1st for friends)

• By CAVBOSS
      WE ARE LIVE... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/272456130/talon-games-cav-strike-ops-iii

• By Savage Coyote
      Thought I'd post my recently completed pair of Commander II Anti-Grav tanks painted up in the ADON Regiment 45 "Bone Collectors" scheme!

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)