Vytau

Sound Off for CAV II KS!

Sharing the love, spreading the word - got my CAV II KS today!  

So. Many. Robots.  

Much stomp.  Many gauss.  Amaze. 

I got mine yesterday, inventoried, and sorted that night. The new sculpts look great. 

Now I need to figure out a paint scheme for Adon Economic Confederation. I have been sticking to 1 solid color for most of the other factions Red for Rach, blue Ritterlich, medium green for Malvern (this may change), and I was going to do a brown or tan for Terran. The Almirithil Principality will be saved for another day. I just want to get my Adon forces ready for Origins this year. 

Any suggestions for Adon colors? Are there galleries out there for the factions?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, DiceHateMe said:

I got mine yesterday, inventoried, and sorted that night. The new sculpts look great. 

Now I need to figure out a paint scheme for Adon Economic Confederation. I have been sticking to 1 solid color for most of the other factions Red for Rach, blue Ritterlich, medium green for Malvern (this may change), and I was going to do a brown or tan for Terran. The Almirithil Principality will be saved for another day. I just want to get my Adon forces ready for Origins this year. 

Any suggestions for Adon colors? Are there galleries out there for the factions?

I plan to do my Adon forces primarily orange using the Reaper Adon paint set from the KS.

Capture.JPG

• Like 3

With NADO being a sort of combined army of all the Adonese nations, I'm planning to paint my Adon forces (Suppression Force 75) a nice United Nations blue with white markings. My Ritterlich (the 1st Ophiuchi Brigade) will be tan/brown camo with dark blue highlights. My Almirithil I'm still exploring colours for, but they'll probably end up in either an orange/green by stealing the Adon paints, or a dark green with red markings in a bit of a soviet style.

I'm keen to see what everyone is doing with theirs once they've got some pictures taken! Being in Australia, I'm going to have to wait a little longer for my shipment to arrive than the rest of you.

• Like 2

Regiment 45 "Bone Collectors" rolls with a half and half scheme like this Chancellor

ADONChancellorHines1small.jpg.0f8386eecd592357c085215051909860.jpgADONChancellorHines2small.jpg.34cadb2c1dedc31d7cc8b18602add85a.jpgADONChancellorHinessmall.jpg.c4692c21821a06c96ed6e67f25884f1e.jpg

Oh I got mine on Tuesday.  Joys of using a shipping address twenty miles from Reaper...

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, Savage Coyote said:

Regiment 45 "Bone Collectors" rolls with a half and half scheme like this Chancellor

ADONChancellorHines1small.jpg.0f8386eecd592357c085215051909860.jpgADONChancellorHines2small.jpg.34cadb2c1dedc31d7cc8b18602add85a.jpgADONChancellorHinessmall.jpg.c4692c21821a06c96ed6e67f25884f1e.jpg

Oh I got mine on Tuesday.  Joys of using a shipping address twenty miles from Reaper...

Looks great! I cant decide which half I prefer. Very "two face!"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Savage Coyote said:

@Savage Coyote I hate you!

:)

J--

• Like 3

Got mine! I really hate mold lines (see signature) but I'm really tempted to just assemble and paint all of them. Getting mold lines off of bones is a pain.

• Like 3

I’m making some quick progress on assembly. I’m really digging the new vehicles. Here is the wolverine, armadillo, manticore, lion I, and lion II:9BF93B72-FBB6-42E2-8B5D-1F5BDD90F3CB.thumb.jpeg.65ba9498fbb1944c38702202b282d58e.jpeg

commander I, commander II, centipede, chieftain, and dragon fly in the background. 302E7E7C-DEBA-480B-B9A5-AC00F7453B76.thumb.jpeg.fb35114eca983941a904278c651df2c3.jpeg

• Like 9

On 4/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, Humansquish said:

Got mine! I really hate mold lines (see signature) but I'm really tempted to just assemble and paint all of them. Getting mold lines off of bones is a pain.

Got what I ordered too.  You know I don't mind the mold lines on these too much.  Of course they are yours so that may have a small amount to do with it.  ::D:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gaspez Arts
      We are proud to announce our third campaign on KS.
      We want to share with some example from our KS page.
      In the next days we'll share more pictures and the preview link of our page

• By Citrine
      Here are 2 of the pin-up babes from Wargamer LLC's kickstarter Hot & Dangerous.  

First up Lagertha the Shieldmaiden.  I love how her cloak turned out.  Not so happy with the face, it look pretty terrible in the photos, its not so bad in hand.  I need to get better at thinning my paints I think.

Rosie the Bowman (the official name).  I did not like the concept art at all, but the finished sculpt turned out great.  I love how she has a lot of spunk.

• By Savage Coyote
      My 2018 CAVCon After Action report is finally here.  After a couple days to decompress and process everything, I thought I’d jot down a few notes, share a few photos, and do a few battle reports as best I can.

So I was able to attend Thursday evening, Friday evening, and all day Saturday.  I live over an hour away, so it’s close enough to drive, but with two small kids and being butted up to Labor Day weekend, I wasn’t able to really attend all day on the two weekdays or Sunday.  Had it been a non-holiday weekend, I would have taken off at least Friday, but as a teacher, four day weekends are frowned upon and might have someone checking in on me.

So ReaperCon/CAVCon was held at the Denton Convention Center which is also attached to the Embassy Suits. While I didn’t stay there, it would be cool to have a room, be able to shamble down to the Con areas, then shamble back up.  The facilities were really nice and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. There was a lot of staff cleaning up, serving food and drinks, and security, so it seemed to run pretty well. I do feel bad for the wedding reception party that came in on Saturday and was passing our tables at the CAVCon tournament.  They were a bit weirded out and didn’t realize there was going to be a big event going on at the same time!  Opps!

CAVBoss was a bit short-handed on Thursday and wasn’t able to get the demo terrain or tournament table terrain set up, so MiniAdict, his son, and myself all sat around and painted. CAVBoss came over after the retail hall shut down and talked with us for awhile and then I had to call it day.  I came back the next evening, and the tables were set up.  When I got there, MiniAdict and his son had a game just set up so I hopped in and took over one of his son’s sections, a fire support section.  The lists looked like this:

Malvernis-flavored Mercenaries 
      4x Chieftains
      Archer
      Nomad

2x Naginatas
      Poltergiest
      Nomad

(my squad)
      3x Spector B’s
      Spider

Templar (MiniAdict)
      Centurion
      Crusader
      3x Duelists

2x Spartans
      2x Claymores

For this game, there wasn’t a ton to really report on.  My first strike point drifted onto a Duelist so I took off three damage tracks, next turn, I drifted one inch, so stayed on the Crusader and messed it up really good. MiniAdicts son lost almost all of his Chieftains in one turn as two of the Duelists and Centurion made short work of them.  If you want to run Templars, Duelists can take care of your low armor vehicles and CAVs lickity split with it’s SIX light MAC’s!  While this looked to be a nail in our coffin, the Poltergeist finished off the Crusader after another round of indirect rocket loving from myself and the Naginatas put a hurt on the third Duelist who was, well, dueling them.  I hurt one of the Claymores pretty bad and the remaining chieftain killed the other one.  Our Archer helped tip the balance back with it’s Active Phased Array 2 and insured some good solid hits.  One of the Naginatas and the Poltergeist (this guy is scary too!) softened up the Centurion and my fire support section finished it off.  In the end game, we lost the Archer, but he only had a damaged Duelist and Spartan left, so I feel fairly confident my fire support section and the Poltergeist could have finished the game.  We had six or seven people wander over and start asking us questions, so we had an impromptu discussion about the game and did our best to sell! 

I arrived bright and early to register for the CAVCon 2018 tournament after stopping by and friends donut shop I don’t get to stop by too often.  We got our forces set up, printed out, and verified and got down to business.  Due to real life issues, we only had three of the six participants from last year, so the tournament got me two games with a break in between.  I went first against MiniAdict’s son and his mercenary force:

Section 1
      Revenant (CO)
      3x Starhawks VI

Section 2
      4x Chieftains

Section 3
      2x Poltergeist
      2x Nomads

My force, drawn from the 5th Marienburg Brigade of the Ritterlich Republic, was ready to do battle! 

Section 1
      3x Rhino’s (one of which was the CO)
      Cougar

Section 2
      4x Lion II’s

Section 3
      Catamount (proxied by a Jaguar)
      3x Puma

We started deploying and I waited to deploy my big Rhino section till the end.  I wanted to see were his stuff ended up, mainly the Poltergeists.  I didn’t want them really engaging my little stuff or Lion IIs until I absolutely had to (aka, as close as possible!). This also allowed me to deploy my Rhino’s on the far right side and on turn one, my card came up first and I launched six medium guided missiles at his Revenant and took off a few tracks with some GREAT rolls (maybe two?). Other than that, we shuffled around and moved forward.  I got another set of snipes on the Revenant to push it to four damage while also lighting up a Starhawk VI for a few.  My Lion II’s moved up behind the central mountain while the recon squad spread out providing ECM coverage all over my half of the board.  He got some pot shots on a Puma with the Poltergeists but didn’t kill him.  The Revenant slunk away out of LOS of the Rhino’s while the Starhawks moved in, taking a beating along the way.  They’d wage their own personal war on that side of the board for the rest of the game with the Rhino’s coming out on top and only suffering two damage.  The Chieftains jumped the mountain top to kill a Puma, but in turn, my Lion II’s and one of my Rhino’s killed all four Chieftains, and pop up shots on the Poltergeists kill both of them.  The Revenant topped the left side of the mountain and took the fire of four Lion II’s and a couple of Rhino’s before it expired, while one of the rushing Nomads was cut down. He had a Nomad race off the board for a Breakthrough point, while I claimed the Head Hunter point for killing his CO.

All in all, the Rhino’s heavier armor, range, the Catamount’s Active Phased Array, and three rotating ECM fields blocking target locks on my forces helped to squish the Starhawk VI’s on my right side.  The Revenant concerned me because he healed up a few tracks from early attention, but eventually couldn’t stand up to heavy PBG fire and attention from my three Rhinos. The Lion II’s were great midfielders hiding in the mountains.  Their high armor helped the one that ended up getting shot at by one of the Poltergeists (only suffered a single damage) while their insane damage output coupled with an Advanced Targeting Computer 2 and APA 2 sliced through the opposition.

So MiniAdict and his son then set about to play their game.  While I had been finishing up against his son, a father/son were watching and asking questions.  I offered to play a demo game using starter forces and so we played for a while.  I wish I could say I “let him win” but my dice decided to land a strike point on both the Terran Talon off a drift, and dead on the Starhawk VI twice.  From my Tiamet.  The Talon disappeared in the drift and the Starhawk survived due to my horrible rolls, at least the first time, then I mauled him the second.  They had to get to their painting class, but I had a fresh Rhino against a half-tracked Thunderbird, fresh Raptor, and track eight Starhawk.  Sorry!!!

The dropship was also rolled out to the awe and amusement of everyone while the terrain and prototype miniatures were out the whole con.  I saw, then it was time to rumble.

My second game was against MiniAdict’s Templars.  Force looked like this:

Section 1
      Centurion
      3x Duelists

Section 2
      Centurion
      2x Spartans

It’s a little wonky because he was trying to get the fully painted bonus points and changed his list a couple times before deciding on this one.  I was still worried about the Centurions.  If they get close enough, they have four medium PBG’s that have been Pierced so they hit at 7’s instead of 6’s in the pristine track along with an ATC2 and Wizzo.  That can really ruin any unit that gets their attention.  As with before, I waited on my Rhino’s, but had to place them before he placed his main force.  One of the Spartans was hanging out at 62 inches or so.  Two of the Rhinos had line of sight and sent some missiles his way, taking him down some while the third ran out twelve inches.  Next turn that Rhino went before the spartan section and snipped the Spartan dead, removing one of the ECM counters.  Honestly the rest of the game just came down to dice, and MiniAdict could never turn off my APA2 as the dice just didn’t work for him. Ever.  Every turn was "and now my Spartan will try to shut down the APA" and we'd roll and, yeah, wouldn't happen.  The Lion II’s were again brutal and did a good job punching massive holes in anything that tried to move around the mountain (while being able to pop up and shoot stuff that was a little farther out.  The Rhinos did their thing, sending long range fire down range and severely maiming anything unfortunate enough to come into line of sight.

All in all my dice rolling went well and I was able to stack several bonuses at a time to help push through a lot of damage.  Talking after the event, we both agreed it wasn’t his best list and that hurt him in the end.

We all kind of vegged after that sitting around and near the demo area and explaining the game to anyone that came by with questions.  I talked to several locals I know from here in the DFW area and we finally set in for the awards show.  I received a bronze (I guess I got worse from last years silver?) for my Ritter section of a Cheetah, two Silverbacks, and a Panther.  I have plans for next year.  Whether I get to them or not I don’t know!  I managed to win Best Painted CAV group (and a 100 gift certificate) as well as a 50.00 gift certificate for winning the Tournament!  I’ll have some more CAV’s and paints in my near future!

At the end of the day I’m hoping that next year we’ll have more people turn out for CAVCon and really get things moving.  I think this year was a great point as there was a lot of talk and activity about CAV (and a lot of people buying large amounts of miniatures) so hopefully we’ll see this next year!
    • By Comi
      Hello Reaper community!

I am Isaac from LastSword Miniatures and today I would like to share here our new kickstarter.

From today until 10th of september campaign will be open. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastsword/elven-lords-ii-dragons-roar/

This is our second campign with elves. 

You will find two new infantry regiments:

Albus Custodes: elves with two hand weapons and heavy armour.

Dragon Guard: great axe, dragon cloack and heavy armour.

Furthermore you can take regiments from our first campign too:

Elven Spearmen.

Elven Archers:

We have four new regiments that you can get for free with Streach Goals

Lord Commander

High Custode

Prime Draco

Elven Princess

And our old characters from our first Elven Lords:

Elf Prince 

El Mage.

We have scultped new scenery elements too.

The Obelisk.

Elven Statue.

Amphoras.

Ornamental bases.

All our old scenery willl be avariable too in the Pledge Manager.

We have some Early birds guys, so do not miss you opportunity to get them  and have a look now at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastsword/elven-lords-ii-dragons-roar/

Thank you! And thanks to Reaper to let us share our campaign!
    • By magtagj
      Finally starting to make headway on KS3! Having kids, mirite?

• Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)