Vytau

Sound Off for CAV II KS!

Sharing the love, spreading the word - got my CAV II KS today!  

So. Many. Robots.  

Much stomp.  Many gauss.  Amaze. 

I got mine yesterday, inventoried, and sorted that night. The new sculpts look great. 

Now I need to figure out a paint scheme for Adon Economic Confederation. I have been sticking to 1 solid color for most of the other factions Red for Rach, blue Ritterlich, medium green for Malvern (this may change), and I was going to do a brown or tan for Terran. The Almirithil Principality will be saved for another day. I just want to get my Adon forces ready for Origins this year. 

Any suggestions for Adon colors? Are there galleries out there for the factions?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, DiceHateMe said:

I got mine yesterday, inventoried, and sorted that night. The new sculpts look great. 

Now I need to figure out a paint scheme for Adon Economic Confederation. I have been sticking to 1 solid color for most of the other factions Red for Rach, blue Ritterlich, medium green for Malvern (this may change), and I was going to do a brown or tan for Terran. The Almirithil Principality will be saved for another day. I just want to get my Adon forces ready for Origins this year. 

Any suggestions for Adon colors? Are there galleries out there for the factions?

I plan to do my Adon forces primarily orange using the Reaper Adon paint set from the KS.

Capture.JPG

• Like 3

With NADO being a sort of combined army of all the Adonese nations, I'm planning to paint my Adon forces (Suppression Force 75) a nice United Nations blue with white markings. My Ritterlich (the 1st Ophiuchi Brigade) will be tan/brown camo with dark blue highlights. My Almirithil I'm still exploring colours for, but they'll probably end up in either an orange/green by stealing the Adon paints, or a dark green with red markings in a bit of a soviet style.

I'm keen to see what everyone is doing with theirs once they've got some pictures taken! Being in Australia, I'm going to have to wait a little longer for my shipment to arrive than the rest of you.

• Like 2

Regiment 45 "Bone Collectors" rolls with a half and half scheme like this Chancellor

ADONChancellorHines1small.jpg.0f8386eecd592357c085215051909860.jpgADONChancellorHines2small.jpg.34cadb2c1dedc31d7cc8b18602add85a.jpgADONChancellorHinessmall.jpg.c4692c21821a06c96ed6e67f25884f1e.jpg

Oh I got mine on Tuesday.  Joys of using a shipping address twenty miles from Reaper...

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, Savage Coyote said:

Regiment 45 "Bone Collectors" rolls with a half and half scheme like this Chancellor

ADONChancellorHines1small.jpg.0f8386eecd592357c085215051909860.jpgADONChancellorHines2small.jpg.34cadb2c1dedc31d7cc8b18602add85a.jpgADONChancellorHinessmall.jpg.c4692c21821a06c96ed6e67f25884f1e.jpg

Oh I got mine on Tuesday.  Joys of using a shipping address twenty miles from Reaper...

Looks great! I cant decide which half I prefer. Very "two face!"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Savage Coyote said:

@Savage Coyote I hate you!

:)

J--

• Like 3

Got mine! I really hate mold lines (see signature) but I'm really tempted to just assemble and paint all of them. Getting mold lines off of bones is a pain.

• Like 3

I’m making some quick progress on assembly. I’m really digging the new vehicles. Here is the wolverine, armadillo, manticore, lion I, and lion II:9BF93B72-FBB6-42E2-8B5D-1F5BDD90F3CB.thumb.jpeg.65ba9498fbb1944c38702202b282d58e.jpeg

commander I, commander II, centipede, chieftain, and dragon fly in the background. 302E7E7C-DEBA-480B-B9A5-AC00F7453B76.thumb.jpeg.fb35114eca983941a904278c651df2c3.jpeg

• Like 9

On 4/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, Humansquish said:

Got mine! I really hate mold lines (see signature) but I'm really tempted to just assemble and paint all of them. Getting mold lines off of bones is a pain.

Got what I ordered too.  You know I don't mind the mold lines on these too much.  Of course they are yours so that may have a small amount to do with it.  ::D:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Smokestack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1327314385/barbaric-splendor-kickstarter-two-ophidian-menace/description

Just saw this.

Warning for snake woman nudity.

About
      Barbaric Splendor Kickstarter Two: Ophidian Menace offers serpentman warriors for your wargame, skirmish game, RPG, or simply to paint and collect. These miniatures are not new - they are already sculpted and molds are already made. They were sculpted by Nicolas Genovese of Blood Moon Miniatures, who has made a special offer to Barbaric Splendor Miniatures. This Kickstarter will, if successful, fund this purchase and casting of the required amount of miniatures. I am offering the miniatures at a reduced price from their planned retail price to help facilitate this process. This will be a short Kickstarter, with the only goal to add these miniatures to the Barbaric Splendor line. If need be, I do have a stretch goal planned, but do not wish to make this a complicated project so it will not grow beyond that.
      These will be the start of an extensive line of serpentmen - both the serpentmen, who have human bodies and legs with snake heads (much like those in the fiction of Robert E Howard) and the primeval serpentmen who have snake bodies and human torsos with snake heads.
    • By Lidless Eye
      My latest project is my recently arrived Stonehaven Adventurers 2018. 

There's a nice amount of variety in this set, though I do miss the themes of their old projects.

The more traditional adventurers first:

The Human Ranger.  Stonehaven Humans have really grown on me.

The Hireling.  I can see him being useful for all sorts of D&D games, or as a Mule for Frostgrave.

The Half-Elf Cleric.  I liked her pet.

My surprise favorite of the Kickstarter, the Half-Elf Witch.

Another caster in a very evocative pose, the Human Elemantalist.

Another female miniature in a unique pose, the Human Thief.

Last of the more "traditional" heroes, she's labelled "Human Sorceress" but is clearly a Lich in disguise.

I figured the Owlfolk could use their own flock.  They'll be seeing use as Aarakocra, I'm sure.

The Child Owlkin Engineer.  Looks like a Bubo.

The Pygmy Rogue.

The Owlkin Fighter.

The wise old owl, possibly named Virgil.

• By CAVBOSS
      Had some questions come up over on FB so I thought I would post the answers here for everyone to see...

1. So any CAV can use the "target Lock" action not needing LOS.  This would be required to fire Guided missiles.  A target lock only gives a +1 or +2 to hit if they have the Advanced targeting computer 1 or 2 respectively or does the target lock give a +1 and then the target lock computer (1) would be a net total of +2 to hit?  2.  If a CAV has the SA: TAG it can use its target lock action and paint a target.  Is that target painted for ALL CAVS in my force (IE back line fire support), just for that CAVS squad, or just for that CAV?  Does it need the SA: EST to share the TAG target lock?

Los is NOT required to use the Target-Lock Action. The Target-Lock Action or TAG is a requirement to use GMs (which would require LoS to shoot them). An Adv Targeting Computer is NOT required to use the Target-Lock Action (as every non-infantry model has at least a Basic Targeting Computer. The Adv Targeting Computer allows for the addition of a (+) situation modifier equal to it's rating level (the Target-Lock action does NOT add anything) to a direct-fire combat action or an indirect-fire strike point roll.
      TAG can also be used to fire GMs and can be activated by the use of a Special Action or as part of a Combat Action (LoS required). As long as the TAG is valid (the targeted-model does not move out of LoS or the model using TAG is destroyed), ANY friendly model in the Force Group can benefit from its use. EST is NOT required as TAG is a physical element that is used by the ammo of the weapon system being used.

3.  If i take Smoke shells as an upgrade for a CAVS gun can I target open ground with them to make a smoke wall?  If I target open ground do I just place the smoke markers where I want or is there an attack roll I need to make?

Only artillery can use the Smoke Shell upgrade, but yes you are always targeting a point on the ground with an indirect-fire weapon system.  You are still required to make a strike-point roll for the targeted location with a failed roll resulting in scatter.

4.  Do doctrines apply to Tanks and Aircraft?  I thought i read something online that said if you take 4 CAVS and 2 tanks in an attack squad that that one squad could not take a doctrine.

Yes, factions do not mix model types (other than in a Special Squad). So the only way you would have an attack squad with this mix would be a non-faction based force group (such as mercenaries) which cannot use doctrines.
      NOTE: This applies to a "true" faction force only to make it valid for the sake of faction doctrines. You could build an all-Templar force and mix and match model types and still call it a Templar Force Group, it just isn't eligible for faction doctrine bonuses.
    • By Doublesix66
      Greetings all as the summers now over I'm going to be painting again so I'm going to be painting an Adon Cav force theme that I've decided will be a jungle style Camo. I'll add to this thread as I did with the UTF force that I did earlier in the year http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/78751-cav-utf-painted-force-pic-heavy/&tab=comments#comment-1678472

so heres the 1st test batch that I'll be sorting A Mantis, Kestrel, Bishop & Ogre Cavs with some ground support from Some Chieftains, Commander I & Centipede ground vechiles.

Thanks for looking hopeful to  be updating soon (just got to paint 2 blood bowl teams up 1st for friends)

• By CAVBOSS
      WE ARE LIVE... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/272456130/talon-games-cav-strike-ops-iii

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)