@SisterMaryNapalm and @pogre thanks for your kind words.

26 minutes ago, pogre said:

Nice painting and I dig the idea of a Fox Bard. Hopefully, he is a bit of a charlatan. 

Do not be fooled by his beautiful clothes and captivating music, this cunning fox is a trickster. He hypnotizes you with his charisma while in the crowd his sidekick robs you and lighten your purse.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 4

He's my favorite fox so far. Everytime I look at your photos, I see new details like how you highlighted his...fingers? Also how you used the purplish color to shade your green. Yep, I like him!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love the striped pants, they're so crisp! At first I thought the overall composition was a bit chaotic, too much going on. I changed my mind; it gives him character, and bards can be kinda eccentric! Great work!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Excellent work and a fun looking model!

• Thanks 1

Oh my, he definitely looks like he knows quite a few good tunes, and how to have a good time! 

For some reason the words "hippy fox" come to mind, which seem to really fit him too... Also makes for a clever disguise, because I strongly suspect it's a mere "illusion" that he appears unarmed - tricky foxes are tricky like that! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those pants are absolute magic.  Do you just free hand stripes like that, or is there a technique? 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your comment everyone, I really appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Goop said:

Those pants are absolute magic.  Do you just free hand stripes like that, or is there a technique? 

It's really just freehand lines. I first paint the pale basecoat color all over the pants, then I work on the darker stripes.

On that model, I started at the front of the right leg, where there is no fold on the pants. This way, the first line was almost straight. Then, I painted the other lines successively from the top and all the way down to the boots. Logically, when there is a fold in the fabric, I make a deviation in the line towards the fold.

The lines are never perfect, I retouch the sides of the lines with the pale color to have sharp edges, clean all the excess. When you're happy with the result, shade with you favorite technique. Finally, add some highlight on the highest points of the folds.

Voilà, I hope it'll help.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Metalchaos said:

Thanks for your comment everyone, I really appreciate it.

It's really just freehand lines. I first paint the pale basecoat color all over the pants, then I work on the darker stripes.

On that model, I started at the front of the right leg, where there is no fold on the pants. This way, the first line was almost straight. Then, I painted the other lines successively from the top and all the way down to the boots. Logically, when there is a fold in the fabric, I make a deviation in the line towards the fold.

The lines are never perfect, I retouch the sides of the lines with the pale color to have sharp edges, clean all the excess. When you're happy with the result, shade with you favorite technique. Finally, add some highlight on the highest points of the folds.

Voilà, I hope it'll help.

Thanks for explaining your method! It is different than how I went about doing pinstripe suit pants, and worked wonderfully. 

• Like 2

After receiving some constructive comments from Pochi, I reworked this one a little.

I painted some highlights on the tail dark band, applied a second coat of dull sealer and took two new pictures. :poke: Thanks @Pochi

5ad2411782e85_DSM7970FoxBard11.JPG.9ab71e248fc2eb649740330d170df414.JPG

5ad2411a5d2d9_DSM7970FoxBard12.JPG.ab05372aa49ec0a64348bbd768af9a89.JPG

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 5