NecroMancer

Reaper's NMM Gold triad

Has anyone used these?  What were your feelings/results?

There is no picture or sample of the colors on the web store and I am thinking about picking some up.  Does anyone have any colors of just the paints themselves?

• Like 2

Thanks!  Not sure why I didn't think to look there.

Anyone have any examples of these on a miniature they've painted?

27 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Has anyone used these?  What were your feelings/results?

There is no picture or sample of the colors on the web store and I am thinking about picking some up.  Does anyone have any colors of just the paints themselves?

Yep!!

I have the triad and I love it. However, I will extend the triad with something like Blackened Brown for shadows and S75 Hykey Yellow and a white for highlights. 

The NMM Base is the base color for the cloak on my DSM Female Ranger (with the peacock feathers). I used the whole triad on my rendition of Astrid (somewhere in Show Off) on the trim. I've also been using it on the DSM ranger for trim on her gloves. The cloak was NOT shaded with the NMM Gold Shadow - I used purple-browns there. However, the trim does use blackened brown and the NMM Gold Shadow. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Yep!!

I have the triad and I love it. However, I will extend the triad with something like Blackened Brown for shadows and S75 Hykey Yellow and a white for highlights. 

The NMM Base is the base color for the cloak on my DSM Female Ranger (with the peacock feathers). I used the whole triad on my rendition of Astrid (somewhere in Show Off) on the trim. I've also been using it on the DSM ranger for trim on her gloves. The cloak was NOT shaded with the NMM Gold Shadow - I used purple-browns there. However, the trim does use blackened brown and the NMM Gold Shadow. 

The MSP Sepia wash also works well with the Nmm Gold triad

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Anyone have any examples of these on a miniature they've painted?

Don't have any pics handy, but I also use this triad for any gold jewelry that I encounter.  Haven't used it for things like coins yet though.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

yup I use them all the time the coverage is better than many of my other reaper yellows. 

Agreed. The NMM Gold Base has exquisite coverage and is very vibrant. The highlight is a pleasing light yellow, but not quite "pale". I was skeptical of the shadow at first, as it is kinda olivey, but it actually works pretty well. 

• Like 3

Thanks everyone I think I'll go ahead and pick up that and the new wash triad. 

Does anyone know whats in the Additives III triad?

52 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Thanks everyone I think I'll go ahead and pick up that and the new wash triad. 

Does anyone know whats in the Additives III triad?

Looks like Gloss Sealer, Grey Brush-on Primer, and Wash Medium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I did use a bit of this triad on my Samurai Zombie, the yellows are in fact the NMM Gold

• Like 2

I was looking at doing a yellow robed wizard and using these for the fabric.

• Like 1

Any tutorials on how to use this stuff? Or do I just follow any ol' NMM tutorial? Keep up the suggestions how to use them for other than NMM. Thanks!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

Any tutorials on how to use this stuff? Or do I just follow any ol' NMM tutorial? Keep up the suggestions how to use them for other than NMM. Thanks!

You can use it like any other NMM, if used for that purpose. I'd extend it darker and lighter on shadows and highlights, respectively, but it is great to build from. 

For not metal surfaces, I use alternative brown-purples instead of the shadow. I think the shadow hue is better for imitating metals, brown-purples for cloth. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1