NecroMancer

Reaper's NMM Gold triad

On 4/14/2018 at 11:36 PM, Cyradis said:

You can use it like any other NMM, if used for that purpose. I'd extend it darker and lighter on shadows and highlights, respectively, but it is great to build from. 

Agreed, though that is the same advice I'd give for just about all the reaper triads. 

• Like 4

Is Palomino Gold close to these?  I am just thinking about what color might be good to use to extend the highlight.  Although I imagine Palomino Gold probably isn't bright enough. 

18 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Is Palomino Gold close to these?  I am just thinking about what color might be good to use to extend the highlight.  Although I imagine Palomino Gold probably isn't bright enough. 

It's a good midtone if I'm correct.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silvervane said:

Agreed, though that is the same advice I'd give for just about all the reaper triads. 

Absolute truth in this. Just have to decide what paint to use to extend the range. 

• Like 1

Well I guess I'll throw my two cents in as well. I got mine a few months ago and like pretty well thou I tend to use in them in my old recipe mix which is as follows: intense brown-chestnut gold-palomino gold-buckskin pale-sunlight yellow. when I want a more orangy gold I mix in saffron sunset. The nmm gold triad gives me more variety and ways to go so would also recommend as well. doing nmm is my nightmare so every bit or tip I get helps, lol.

On 4/12/2018 at 4:03 PM, Cyradis said:

Yep!!

I have the triad and I love it. However, I will extend the triad with something like Blackened Brown for shadows and S75 Hykey Yellow and a white for highlights. 

Any other ideas for a color to extend the highlights from a different line if paints? S75 seem hard to get ahold of and a little pricey?  I may be able to figure something out once my order arrives and I can actually see the colors but any ideas are appreciated.

• Like 1

Linen White and Dragon/Pure White from Reaper on highlights. Might mix Linen and NMM Gold Highlight to merge those; Hykey is already there. 

Shadow... not sure. Blackened Brown is Reaper. Could mix with shadow to merge those ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2018 at 1:57 AM, Cyradis said:

Linen White and Dragon/Pure White from Reaper on highlights. Might mix Linen and NMM Gold Highlight to merge those; Hykey is already there. 

Shadow... not sure. Blackened Brown is Reaper. Could mix with shadow to merge those ones.

Agreed, Something a little more advanced is that since metals are reflective, if you can work the shadow colors from the colors around it into the shadow colors.  I haven't done it much with Gold NMM.  But I have used it in my Steel NMM.  I've even once used the same colors from a clothes around it to do the NMM for a sword.  That being said,  I don't do that to often.

• Like 2