Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

On 1/18/2019 at 5:03 AM, Unruly said:

I know, it's not a huge thing, but it's something.

It is a big thing. Many years ago there was a similar incident it my area. There was a semi truck that lost control (cant' remember if there was bad weather involved) as it was going down hill into the main commercial area of town it slammed through a store and 6 people died. The town made the area a no truck zone to prevent it happening again.

I think that being able to stop something like that is a big deal.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

I'll just leave this here.  It seems like a good place

The Downfall of civilization will start with googly eyes

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/robots/a25896081/marty-giant-robot-grocery-stores/

& people will still ignore the problem, even with a robot telling them it's there! (or at least the day workers at my store will!!)

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Yup I just looked, app says -4 degrees.

Crazy! Currently we are 38 degrees. It's has been raining all night long. Let up for a bit as I came home from work this morning, then started up again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, haldir said:

& people will still ignore the problem, even with a robot telling them it's there! (or at least the day workers at my store will!!)

Yeah, people will ignore safety every time, because it "never happens to them". I once told a customer that she shouldn't allow her toddler to hang off the front of the cart because it's dangerous. She ignored me and not 10 minutes later the cart flipped with her 6 month old baby in the seat. That scream was amoung the most horrifying sounds I've ever heard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Crazy! Currently we are 38 degrees. It's has been raining all night long. Let up for a bit as I came home from work this morning, then started up again.

Yeah the northern air pushed down and making freeking cold.  It also left a dusting of snow over everything. I hate the cold. I have to go work a four shift tonight. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

I am aware of the looming end of the thread and will address it when I'm at a real computer.

WOOF ANNOUNCEMENT!

We have successfully detained the Frog on a secret location!

The Thread is SAFE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

10 minutes ago, haldir said:

Hmm...  I am bracing for this one.  today its almost 50.  tomorrow looks like it wont break 25.  I can deal with cold if i can ease into it, its the sudden shocks that really, really bother me.

9 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Yeah, people will ignore safety every time, because it "never happens to them". I once told a customer that she shouldn't allow her toddler to hang off the front of the cart because it's dangerous. She ignored me and not 10 minutes later the cart flipped with her 6 month old baby in the seat. That scream was amoung the most horrifying sounds I've ever heard.

As a parent, it gets to the point where screams are not the true terror, its the loud crash or wet smack followed by a deep and unbroken silence.  That it true terror for me.  The shriek and crying is a relief, knowing that they are still alive.   Its only happened twice in my life and both times i broke all land speed records getting to the child. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF ANNOUNCEMENT!

The Thread is SAFE!

I mean, that's like saying you've captured MacGuyver in a secure location. He's gonna get out you know.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF ANNOUNCEMENT!

The Thread is SAFE!

I knew something like this would happen when they were able to infiltrate out clothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi everyone. Been kinda preoccupied, sorry. What’s this about the mods?

• Haha 4