Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

So post the Open Season signs prominently and make sure your scope is properly boresighted.

Fresh Venison. Tasty.

GEM

Boresighting only is for the lazy. Dial that sucker in right by spending an hour or two at the range with a few boxes of your hunting shot and a good shooting rest. Boresight it first to get as close as you can, then really start honing it in. Set it at 100 yards first, then learn your clicks for raising and lowering your zero in 25 yard increments, probably out to about 300 yards. That's optional, really, but it's useful. Get scope with a BDC reticle and you can do just fine at longer ranges without needing scope adjustments. Then learn to use a shooting sling* and take things up a notch in your shooting game.

Or be a real sportsman and use a bow. Because nothing says "I love you" like an arrow to the heart. Just ask Cupid.

*It's been years since I went rifle hunting, but when I was I was using either a Springfield 1903A3, or a Winchester Model 94. I was never as good a shot as I wanted to be, but learning to shoot sling with the 1903 was one of the best things I ever did. Such a neglected practice that's so simple and quick to do while providing some great gains.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Hi there!

I'm back from Germany, hope all went well here and everbody behaved.

*** Glances at @Morihalda who wears knitted socksnakes over her antlers***

*** Wonders why there are so many forumites with bitewounds, looks at @Unruly carrying a cookbook titled:  Humans the Other White Meat***

*** Looks at a plate of sausauges and wonders why this reminds him of @ub3r_n3rd****

*** Sees a smoldering heap of burned stuff, wolfprints in the area, hmmm, @Chaoswolf have you been playing with fire again???***

Oh well, all seems normal then!

We had a little vacation in Monschau, Germany.

Nice village, lots of hiking possibilities, good food and we had great weather!

So all was good.

I will post some pics soon in my The Netherlands thread.

While I was on vacation Secret WOOF Mission I finally spotted R.I.B.B.I.T.'s European HQ!

We have the coördinates now @Froggy the Great!

20180509_113703.jpg.e9419887ae28c4260101efc1453f1347.jpg

@OneBoot

Or any other mod,

Since the updates this annoying screen appears and can't be clicked away.

It also prevents "liking" the top post on most pages.

image.png.078335e94f3d4f5678ed58801bb25917.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 13

On 5/9/2018 at 12:38 AM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*puts the multiverse back together again, to the best of his memory*

***Looks in mirror, ah..more glitter, good...goood, ggoooooooddd!!!!*******

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Me? Playing with fire? Never!

>Quickly stashes Zippo<

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Wonders why there are so many forumites with bitewounds, looks at @Unruly carrying a cookbook titled:  Humans the Other White Meat***

No, that one is dumb. If you saw me with it, it was to throw it in the trash. "To Serve Man" is where it's at.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

@OneBoot

Or any other mod,

Since the updates this annoying screen appears and can't be clicked away.

It also prevents "liking" the top post on most pages.

image.png.078335e94f3d4f5678ed58801bb25917.png

That's not something I or any of the other mods have control over, it's a @kit -level issue. I'm having the same problem. -_-

I think maintenance may have happened very late last night, as the forums were semi-unavailable for awhile (I could visit them, but it said I didn't have permission to view anything).

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

***Looks in mirror, ah..more glitter, good...goood, ggoooooooddd!!!!*******

When you get a chance, you may want to check out a Kickstarter there oh glittery one.  Assuming you want tombstones and such anyways ^_^

• Like 4

Yay! The forums are back!

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

When they first introduced the snuggie, all I could think was "BUY A ROBE YOU IGNORANT ****S! ALL IT IS IS A ROBE THEY'VE PUT ON BACKWARDS!"

Even after my sister bought one, and having used it once or twice when I was at her house, I still stand by that sentiment. I would rather have a full length, thick cotton terry robe and a pair of thick wool socks than a snuggie for winter warmth. And that's because I can walk around in a robe. You can't walk around in a snuggie. Also, robes tend to have pockets.

I don't like slippers, though. That's what wool socks are for. Slippers fall off, and then your feet are cold. Wool socks are just awesome.

No, I'm not old. I'm practical about my clothing. Cargo pants and cargo shorts will never go out of style for me for the same reason. Those pockets are useful!

I'd prefer a warm, fuzzy onsie to a robe, because then my feet are warm without extra effort.

• Like 7

Oh good. The drop down search stuff isn't because of IE, the sole browser tied to this tablet. There are some websites I cannot visit anymore.

Time to trudge into work and start herding electrons.

• Like 5

Omg! I just found a forum upgrade! If you start typing in the emotes a little pop up will show the rest of the code!

:wub:

It actually seems to search for emotes with the two letters you input; so if you do "ey" it will bring up : rolleyes :

This is neat!

• Like 10

:;,;: code ? The lil face on top bar has drop down pics of them :winkthumbs: ... now I can emote overload :rolleyes: but ... I won't -_-

Just glad "..." dose not bring up an emote, or I'd be in trouble.

• Like 5

I find the code is quicker on my phone. The drop down window takes a bit to load.

• Like 5

<-- old school button masher ...

My phone likes to change code into odd words ... a lil too 'smart' sometimes ...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Does your boss have a sense of humor?

There's an easy way to find out! Ask if the company has an action plan that covers being raided by Revenue agents searching for a still on company property.

Or for those of you next to a body of water, pirates.

A simple "What are the odds of our company being the next on James Bonds' target list also works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Capes for the whole family! They took away all of the fashionability for soft and fluffy warmness. 

Image result for snuggie

The last place I would want to be wearing a fuzz snuggy is out in natural seedpod and cockleburr land.

Also, what are they doing with their hands? Is this Kabuki?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5