Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

6 hours ago, DocPiske said:

Sadly Mothers Day is a relic of the past for me. Such is life.

"Y'all call your mother! I wish I could."

(This is me badly quoting a phone company commercial I saw while stationed in North Carolina in the 80's. I think the spokesperson delivering the line was some gruff college football coach, who ad libbed the second sentance, catching everyone off guard.)

6 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Had to like as I'm right there with you.

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

As am I.

GEM

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Same here!

Me too. :down:

Busy day at work, but that <reacted> of a muse decided I needed a new project... One that will involve a while lot of sculpting. *sigh* and I know I don't (currently) have the skill to pull it off. I guess this is gonna be what they call a learning experience... 

Thanks muse. Thanks a lot.

My friend Chris (who I'm trying to get into the forum) is coming over tonight to paint. I'll be a good time for me to do some basing.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Wow, I have heard the song a number of times, but never realized the video for it was so... creepy.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

My friend Chris (who I'm trying to get into the forum) is coming over tonight to paint. I'll be a good time for me to do some basing

I believe I am legally required to say "one of us" repeatedly until they join.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Me too. :down:

Busy day at work, but that <reacted> of a muse decided I needed a new project... One that will involve a while lot of sculpting. *sigh* and I know I don't (currently) have the skill to pull it off. I guess this is gonna be what they call a learning experience... 

Thanks muse. Thanks a lot.

My friend Chris (who I'm trying to get into the forum) is coming over tonight to paint. I'll be a good time for me to do some basing.

My mom died several years ago, so I borrow Megan's

The Auld Grump - my mom never got to meet Megan.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Sad 7

Trapped in voice jail trying to get access to my toll account so I can pay my freaking tolls.  They really don't make this easy, and GIVING THEM MONEY SHOULD BE EASY.  :grr: 

• Sad 11

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump uses it a lot.

I use it by telling Grump what I want. <_<

I was tempted to buy it at the $65 level just to get the sampling of annuals, but they aren't full ones. It's just bits and pieces of various ones, and if I wanted the rest I'd still have to buy the full annuals anyway.

But for getting started that deal is killer. $65 for the two most used pieces of their software, a bunch of symbol sets, and their big ol' tutorial book is crazy good.

19 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Wow, I have heard the song a number of times, but never realized the video for it was so... creepy.

The Auld Grump

All of the new high detail animatronics are creepy as hell when you take the rubber skin off and can see all the mechanisms. They're way worse than the old stuff.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

The Campaign Cartographer bundle is now live over at Bundle of Holding. Posting here as well as in Acquisitions to get the word out.

Not bad.

I have nearly everything in the packs already - the exception is the Tome of Mapping.

Easily worth the money.

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Unruly said:

So, since I know we've got some woodworkers here based on the Acquisitions thread and a few conversations, I've got a question for them.

As someone who doesn't have any hand planes, a planer, or a jointer, I've been eyeballing pre-milled S4S lumber. Is it worth it to buy the S4S stuff while I'm just learning and working on my first few projects? I'm worried that, thanks to the way that lumber tends to be stored for sale, the boards are going to be warped again and I'll be getting screwed out of straight, squared stock while also paying 3-4x the rough cut prices.

If you can replicate the store's temperature and humidity levels and are able to store the milled lumber horizontally on stickers, it should be alright.  If not and the lumber warps you can always fabricate a steam box and possibly restraighten the afflicted boards.  As far as it being worth it,  I've only bought small amounts of S4S-  it might be depending on your woodworking goals and the expenditures necessary to reach them.  Here's a quick google search link to sawmill creek discussing the issue-https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?250074-Storing-milled-lumber

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Adept Legacy said:

I believe I am legally required to say "one of us" repeatedly until they join.

I'm trying to recruit a friend too. He's started painting a Bones medusa at my place and enjoys it, but if you thought I got too nitpicky and perfectionist..... he outdoes me there by far. It makes a first figure difficult to finish. Got a shot at dragging him to the monthly paint group though, and I may have finally convinced him to get a LTPK so he can practice at home and then have questions for when we paint together. 

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I was tempted to buy it at the $65 level just to get the sampling of annuals, but they aren't full ones. It's just bits and pieces of various ones, and if I wanted the rest I'd still have to buy the full annuals anyway.

But for getting started that deal is killer. $65 for the two most used pieces of their software, a bunch of symbol sets, and their big ol' tutorial book is crazy good.

Every year I spring for the Annual - and have never been disappointed. Last year they updated all the previous Annuals to CC3+, which made me happy.

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump uses it a lot.

I use it by telling Grump what I want. <_<

I have been sslloowwllyy updating the maps from the D20 supplements Common Grounds 1 and 2, in part because Megan liked them, and in part because they are just plain useful.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

>snip<

I made pizza for dinner salami and pepperoni for the girls, mushrooms and pineapples  for me...

Now sitting in the garden while the Sun sets ( 21.25 hours here).

>more snippage<

Never be ashamed of putting Pineapple on a Pizza.

There's just something about the contrast of the baked pineapple with the cheese, crust and sauce that if a joyful experience for the taste-buds.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

There's just something about the contrast of the baked pineapple with the cheese, crust and sauce that if a joyful experience for the taste-buds.

GEM

Agreed. Now to make it better, add artichoke hearts. Cheese + sweet + salty/savory. Mmmmmm. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Megan and I are watching the first few episodes of the new season for My Hero Academia... So far we agree - there is nowhere near enough Froppy. ::P: (Call me Tsu.)

The Auld Grump - I like her because she is competent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cyradis said:

Agreed. Now to make it better, add artichoke hearts. Cheese + sweet + salty/savory. Mmmmmm. 

Now you've got me drooling.

And tonight is leftovers from Mother's Day Dinner with no Nana to enjoy them with me.

Wife left this AM for a state level convention  for our fraternal order.

GEM

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

GEM

But any pizza recipe that suggests VelveetaTM should be burned before anyone uses it.

The Auld Grump - my mom had a recipe for covering apples with Velveeta.... Like caramel apples. but with... something vaguely cheese like.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5