Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

30 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

Thank you all. I don't really have another place to talk about this so I appreciate everyone's kindness and support.

Collectively there are "big shoulders" here where you can share your troubles and grief.

I know it isn't much, but hopefully, it's enough to ease the burden that you carry.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Jack is... kinda sparkly and tingly right now.  :upside:

It began raining like hell for awhile earlier, just as Jack left his father's girlfriend's place. However, the rain pretty much stopped for a couple minutes right as Jack pulled into his own driveway, so Jack got out of the truck to head inside the house.

Jack is extremely sensitive to electromagnetic fields for a higher animal, and could feel something really big building up in the air - the outlines of everything looked so sharp you could shave with them. Jack decided it would be a good idea to get the hell indoors, quickly.

The ancient garage door opener didn't feel like accepting the code today, so Jack hurried up the sidewalk to head in the front door. When Jack got directly between the metal pole of the light in his front yard and the metal railing on the stairs the hair on his arms began standing straight up,  everything suddenly had a very shiny aura around it, like a faerie fire spell, and Jack experienced a visual hallucination of tiny little lights wandering around like little bugs. As fascinating as it was, Jack managed to stumble up the front stairs and open the door.

About thirty seconds after Jack closed his front door, the entire world disappeared in a flash of light and an explosion that rattled the entire house hard enough to shake a small knick-knack off the sill of the kitchen window into the sink.

The house lost power for about two minutes, during which Jack just kinda sat there mentally vapor-locked and watching the pretty colors floating around in his brain... When Jack opened his front door to check to see if anything was on fire he saw all his neighbors at their doors pointing over at his yard.  Apparently, nothing was actually damaged. But the grass in the front yard was steaming a bit.

Everything still appears a bit... odd, but I seem to be okay.   ::D:      Just to be on the safe side, though, I rubbed an anti-static dryer sheet over my hands and clothes before I touched any electronic devices, lol.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 14
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

It began raining like hell for awhile earlier, just as Jack left his father's girlfriend's place. However, the rain pretty much stopped for a couple minutes right as Jack pulled into his own driveway, so Jack got out of the truck to head inside the house.

Jack is extremely sensitive to electromagnetic fields for a higher animal, and could feel something really big building up in the air - the outlines of everything looked so sharp you could shave with them. Jack decided it would be a good idea to get the hell indoors, quickly.

The ancient garage door opener didn't feel like accepting the code today, so Jack hurried up the sidewalk to head in the front door. When Jack got directly between the metal pole of the light in his front yard and the metal railing on the stairs the hair on his arms began standing straight up,  everything suddenly had a very shiny aura around it, like a faerie fire spell, and Jack experienced a visual hallucination of tiny little lights wandering around like little bugs. As fascinating as it was, Jack managed to stumble up the front stairs and open the door.

About thirty seconds after Jack closed his front door, the entire world disappeared in a flash of light and an explosion that rattled the entire house hard enough to shake a small knick-knack off the sill of the kitchen window into the sink.

The house lost power for about two minutes, during which Jack just kinda sat there mentally vapor-locked and watching the pretty colors floating around in his brain... When Jack opened his front door to check to see if anything was on fire he saw all his neighbors at their doors pointing over at his yard.  Apparently, nothing was actually damaged. But the grass in the front yard was steaming a bit.

Everything still appears a bit... odd, but I seem to be okay.   ::D:      Just to be on the safe side, though, I rubbed an anti-static dryer sheet over my hands and clothes before I touched any electronic devices, lol.  :rolleyes:

That was a Too Close For Comfort close call.

Glad that you are [sorta] OK.

GEM

• Like 8

1 minute ago, LittleBluberry said:

Glad to hear that Jack is okay, but I think you might have used up your luck points on that one!  

The lucky feat gives him 3 points per day, so jack is still good

• Like 10

Oh hell, that was FUN.... I love thunderstorms like few other things in life.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

Southerly greetings.

5CFDEFEB-0CCD-40EC-AE30-B922642419DC.jpeg.3bd2e653d6fdf050266f593a7462a463.jpeg

And if you tell the bartender in the Velvet Onion that you are "looking for adventure" you might he surprised by the result.

16 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

We didn't get any thunder or lightning. ::(:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

54 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

:blink:

Grump has a couple of lightning stories, one with a bridge and thundersnow. The other involves a seagull and a streetlight. It POPPED. :blink:

My closest was being in a building next to a pole top transformer being hit by lightning and blowing up.

I had never heard one blow before, and I thought it was a bomb.

• Like 7

Mad jack ... your electromagnetic  field sense served you well ... watched a few big hits on the ridge line wail driving home today ... 2-3 a minute for a wile ... the world can be a beautiful place ...

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

That sounds freaking awesome. Seriously. I can't say that I would have had your reaction of heading inside, though. I would have probably stared agog at all the awesome stuff happening around me until I got hit. But there are worse ways to go than a couple million volts, a few thousand amps, and a free Pink Floyd light show to send me off.

Or I'd be like a kid I knew in high school, who survived a lightning strike with little more than a few burns, a burst eardrum, and some bruises. Melted through the bill of his hat, singed his clothes, and knocked him flat on his back.

12 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Attaboy! I've always wanted to climb a tree and ride out a big storm in its canopy. The closest I've come was a short wind storm once while I was in a tree stand, and even then it wasn't stronger winds than some of the normal heavy gusts. They just were happening more frequently at the time. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Froppy is a character from My Hero Academia whose quirk (superpower) is basically being a frog. She can do anything a frog can. 

20a155b99a7541a6e965ac4522e3147314646561

She's like the world's cutest deep one.

She takes the Innsmouth Look and makes it adorable. ^_^

• Haha 10

Romance is sneaking into Pingo’s vampire story.

Referring to oneself in the third person is sneaking into Pingo’s posts.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Romance is sneaking into Pingo’s vampire story.

Referring to oneself in the third person is sneaking into Pingo’s posts.

@Pingohas been hanging out with @Mad Jack perhaps? 

• Like 11