Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

4 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Jack is... kinda sparkly and tingly right now.  :upside:

It began raining like hell for awhile earlier, just as Jack left his father's girlfriend's place. However, the rain pretty much stopped for a couple minutes right as Jack pulled into his own driveway, so Jack got out of the truck to head inside the house.

Jack is extremely sensitive to electromagnetic fields for a higher animal, and could feel something really big building up in the air - the outlines of everything looked so sharp you could shave with them. Jack decided it would be a good idea to get the hell indoors, quickly.

The ancient garage door opener didn't feel like accepting the code today, so Jack hurried up the sidewalk to head in the front door. When Jack got directly between the metal pole of the light in his front yard and the metal railing on the stairs the hair on his arms began standing straight up,  everything suddenly had a very shiny aura around it, like a faerie fire spell, and Jack experienced a visual hallucination of tiny little lights wandering around like little bugs. As fascinating as it was, Jack managed to stumble up the front stairs and open the door.

About thirty seconds after Jack closed his front door, the entire world disappeared in a flash of light and an explosion that rattled the entire house hard enough to shake a small knick-knack off the sill of the kitchen window into the sink.

The house lost power for about two minutes, during which Jack just kinda sat there mentally vapor-locked and watching the pretty colors floating around in his brain... When Jack opened his front door to check to see if anything was on fire he saw all his neighbors at their doors pointing over at his yard.  Apparently, nothing was actually damaged. But the grass in the front yard was steaming a bit.

Everything still appears a bit... odd, but I seem to be okay.   ::D:      Just to be on the safe side, though, I rubbed an anti-static dryer sheet over my hands and clothes before I touched any electronic devices, lol.  :rolleyes:

A side effect is that everyone refers to Jack in the third person, including Jack himself. Also, it may be infecting others.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Agree. That you actually got it folded successfully is HUGE!  I don’t even try anymore, it just leads to cursing and frustration.

I give it one try for folding the darn things, then I wad them in a ball and shove them in the closet :lol:

6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Oh hell, that was FUN.... I love thunderstorms like few other things in life.

You sure do live up to your name :lol: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Today I will hopefully acquire new teeth. A scant 3.5-4 hour nap was had after work, coffee has been consumed for the first time in at least a month, and now I go to get ready for the dentist appointment where I will probably end up shelling out $2k for a bridge. At a minimum, I'll be leaving the office with 2 new tooth stumps and a temporary bridge while the permanent one gets fabricated, but since they have a CNC machine for permanent crowns on-site I'm thinking that it should be able to make bridges too...

• Like 9

Froggy's back is a mass of knots, and morning kid issues precluded the much-anticipated Hot Shower of Amelioration.  

Froggy has been known to occasionally refer to himself in the second person.

• Like 13

The ChaosWolf wanders idly through the thread...

• Like 7

10 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Glad to hear that Jack is okay, but I think you might have used up your luck points on that one!  

Indeed. Closest I've been to a lightning strike was maybe a 100m, and it felt powerful. I can't even imagine being at ground zero.

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Ditto! Ever since I was a child, every time there was a thunderstorm, my dad would step out in the driveway to contemplate it, count the seconds between lightning bolt and thunder, etc. Me and my brother did the same. And I still do it!

When my nephews were still toddlers and we were babysitting them, they were still afraid of the thunder. And I tried to make it exciting for them to anticipate the thunder and cheer for it.

9 hours ago, Boaz said:

Mad jack ... your electromagnetic  field sense served you well ... watched a few big hits on the ridge line wail driving home today ... 2-3 a minute for a wile ... the world can be a beautiful place ...

The real question now is: Did you get any superpowers?!

• Like 8

On 5/14/2018 at 7:18 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

My mom died several years ago, so I borrow Megan's

The Auld Grump - my mom never got to meet Megan.

My mum never got to meet my bride either. ::(:

On 5/14/2018 at 7:52 PM, Cyradis said:

I'm trying to recruit a friend too. He's started painting a Bones medusa at my place and enjoys it, but if you thought I got too nitpicky and perfectionist..... he outdoes me there by far. It makes a first figure difficult to finish. Got a shot at dragging him to the monthly paint group though, and I may have finally convinced him to get a LTPK so he can practice at home and then have questions for when we paint together. 

Woo-hoo!! 

It was funny how little things were impressive to him. Like the existence of an xacto. Or files. Or why I was painting details with a size 1 brush, while he was trying to use some tiny 000 thing that was like 3mm long and having issues. 

23 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

So, I just wanted to share something I'm probably too proud about, but I managed to fold a fitted sheet yesterday - properly! It only took, like, 30 tries. But I think I know how now. ^_^

Ah, you have mastered one of the dark arts of adulting... 

Last night was a long night at the ER. My bride had an issue, post biopsy, and... we didn't get home till stupid late, and now we're off in a bit to a follow up appointment with the doc who did the biopsy... *sigh* Not how I wanted to spend my Tuesday night, and D&D tonight is iffy to unlikely. 

At least there's coffee, and my boss is understanding. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Im going to rant. I finished the last book of  a very long fantasy series this morning and i dont know how i feel about it. I think im disappointed, but i dont know. The whole thing felt anticlimactic and rushed. So many plot threads were just abandoned or quickly wrapped up. I invested tons of time on over a dozen books and the ending did not fit the overall tone of the series.  Its going to slowly drive me crazy. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

16 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Hoping this spoiler works on my mobile.

We're here for you!

It may not be much, but you got online friends here, we all wish you strength and hope for the best.

12 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Glad you survived that one!

They don't call you Mad Jack for nothing I guess..::P:

10 hours ago, Pingo said:

Romance is sneaking into Pingo’s vampire story.

Referring to oneself in the third person is sneaking into Pingo’s posts.

Every good Vampire story needs some romance!

Glitterwolf wonders why everybody is referring to themself in third person, he is happy that he never does that!

16 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

Im going to rant. I finished the last book of  a very long fantasy series this morning and i dont know how i feel about it. I think im disappointed, but i dont know. The whole thing felt anticlimactic and rushed. So many plot threads were just abandoned or quickly wrapped up. I invested tons of time on over a dozen books and the ending did not fit the overall tone of the series.  Its going to slowly drive me crazy. 

Glitterwolf's advice, think of a better ending and write it down!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Last night was a long night at the ER. My bride had an issue, post biopsy, and... we didn't get home till stupid late, and now we're off in a bit to a follow up appointment with the doc who did the biopsy... *sigh* Not how I wanted to spend my Tuesday night, and D&D tonight is iffy to unlikely. 

At least there's coffee, and my boss is understanding. 

I hope it's nothing too serious.

• Like 5

It has been a long 26 hours. He's still fighting. This, if nothing else, is a testament to his stubbornness. My mom's words, not mine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

15 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Glitterwolf's advice, think of a better ending and write it down!

Careful. Madness lies down the path of fanfic. And once you start down that path... yada yada, I'm sure you all know the rest. :ik_oops:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5