Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, redambrosia said:
19 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Glitterwolf's advice, think of a better ending and write it down!

 

 

Careful. Madness lies down the path of fanfic. And once you start down that path... yada yada, I'm sure you all know the rest. :ik_oops:

Ignore her. Do it. Put pen to paper, and make it all better! 

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Great Morning all!

 

I think I found my rhythm again with painting. Been at it every night this week!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Careful. Madness lies down the path of fanfic. And once you start down that path... yada yada, I'm sure you all know the rest. :ik_oops:

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate dental and doctor scheduling. Today just reinforced that. Appointment at 8am. Office opens at 8am. I get there at 7:50 and there's 4 other people already waiting. I'm waiting an extra hour to get in. The appointment was scheduled 6 weeks ago, after the broken remains of my tooth were removed, and I was told then that the appointment would be a followup to make sure my gums healed correctly and, if that was the case, to start work on my new bridge. I took that to mean that I would be getting the surrounding teeth turned into the posts for the bridge, the casts made of my teeth, and then I'd be leaving the office with, at the very least, a temporary bridge.

 

Nope. Turns out that "get started on the bridge" meant "reiterate that you're getting a bridge and schedule another appointment 6 weeks down the road to do the first piece of actual work and get you a temporary bridge." Also, they now tell me that the bridge is probably going to cost an extra $500 on top of what they originally told me. So I'm getting double screwed. I'm guessing that they saw where my insurance covered more of my root canal and extraction than they estimated, meaning the owed me a refund on what I paid out of pocket, so they raised the price of the bridge to get that money back. Because it's been my experience that anything in the medical/dental fields is set up to drain you of as much of your money as they can, and they absolutely hate giving refunds or admitting that their billing messed up unless you threaten to sue them for harassment and threatening to falsely damage your credit report by sending you to collections for a bill you already paid 6 months prior and have all the supporting documentation to prove that they just pocketed the money and didn't credit your account...

 

So now I'm back home, but I can't rescind my sick day that I took, which wouldn't have been needed if I'd have known the actual appointment would have taken a whopping 15 minutes to be over once I got in the chair. I mean, I technically could call my boss and tell him I'd be in at 4 like I was supposed to be, but I've only got 3 and a half hours of sleep and can't currently go back to sleep because I'm heavily caffeinated, since I was expecting to have to stay awake. And me and a 20 hour day on 3 and a half hours of sleep don't mix.

 

I am not a happy person right now. Not at all. And it's probably not going to get any better, as I'm about to call my homeowner's insurance company and try to figure out why I saw a 21% rate increase this year...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 3
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Unruly said:

I hate dental and doctor scheduling. Today just reinforced that. Appointment at 8am. Office opens at 8am. I get there at 7:50 and there's 4 other people already waiting. I'm waiting an extra hour to get in. The appointment was scheduled 6 weeks ago, after the broken remains of my tooth were removed, and I was told then that the appointment would be a followup to make sure my gums healed correctly and, if that was the case, to start work on my new bridge. I took that to mean that I would be getting the surrounding teeth turned into the posts for the bridge, the casts made of my teeth, and then I'd be leaving the office with, at the very least, a temporary bridge.

 

Nope. Turns out that "get started on the bridge" meant "reiterate that you're getting a bridge and schedule another appointment 6 weeks down the road to do the first piece of actual work and get you a temporary bridge." Also, they now tell me that the bridge is probably going to cost an extra $500 on top of what they originally told me. So I'm getting double screwed. I'm guessing that they saw where my insurance covered more of my root canal and extraction than they estimated, meaning the owed me a refund on what I paid out of pocket, so they raised the price of the bridge to get that money back. Because it's been my experience that anything in the medical/dental fields is set up to drain you of as much of your money as they can, and they absolutely hate giving refunds or admitting that their billing messed up unless you threaten to sue them for harassment and threatening to falsely damage your credit report by sending you to collections for a bill you already paid 6 months prior and have all the supporting documentation to prove that they just pocketed the money and didn't credit your account...

 

So now I'm back home, but I can't rescind my sick day that I took, which wouldn't have been needed if I'd have known the actual appointment would have taken a whopping 15 minutes to be over once I got in the chair. I mean, I technically could call my boss and tell him I'd be in at 4 like I was supposed to be, but I've only got 3 and a half hours of sleep and can't currently go back to sleep because I'm heavily caffeinated, since I was expecting to have to stay awake. And me and a 20 hour day on 3 and a half hours of sleep don't mix.

 

I am not a happy person right now. Not at all. And it's probably not going to get any better, as I'm about to call my homeowner's insurance company and try to figure out why I saw a 21% rate increase this year...

That's a sympathy like, btw. 

 

Medical stuff is an elfing broccoli. 

 

And speaking off... Time to get ready for the next one. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agh.  Kid.  Therapeutic meltdown 3x already this calendar week.

 

Personally I'm at my wit's end and the problem might be me.

  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Wait, Marvel has cast Squirrel Girl?

 

I don't know if I'm thrilled or terrified.

I lost boyfriend points - I needed to ask Megan 'Who's Squirrel Girl?'.... (Boyfriend points are a lot easier to lose than husband points, and regenerate faster.)

 

Milana Vayntrub - an actress that I am completely unfamiliar with....

 

 

The Auld Grump

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Agh.  Kid.  Therapeutic meltdown 3x already this calendar week.

 

Personally I'm at my wit's end and the problem might be me.

 

I hope you will find out how to handle this!

Sometimes a different approach might help, but I'm no expert in this field..

 

For what it's worth, I wish you wisdom and patience!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**yawns**

 

I wish I had a thunderstorm to watch right now. I love thunder and lightning. Had some a few days ago but I missed a bunch painting - my back is to the window in the painting area, and friend had other side of the table. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh... My call to the insurance company about my homeowner's policy premium went about as expected. I was basically told it was rate increases across the board. They tried to play up the fact that my coverage amounts increased, but the coverage increases weren't commensurate with the premium increase at all.

 

Switching companies is pretty much out of the question, too, as even if I did get a lower rate for the same coverage elsewhere I'd then be paying a lot more for my car insurance because I'd lose the two-policy discounts that I receive. And since the company currently offers me one of the best auto rates I can possibly get, it makes more sense to just eat the extra homeowner's increase. Not to mention that if I close out all my accounts with them, I lose access to them as a company forever unless I join the military myself. Such is the nature of USAA when you're grandfathered in off of a parent's policy.

  • Sad 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of people on the forum having some really crappy days. I just want say that i am praying for all those who are troubled and suffering. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

 

The other involves a seagull and a streetlight. It POPPED. :blink:

 

 The seagull or the streetlight?

 

 

3 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

Im going to rant. I finished the last book of  a very long fantasy series this morning and i dont know how i feel about it. I think im disappointed, but i dont know. The whole thing felt anticlimactic and rushed. So many plot threads were just abandoned or quickly wrapped up. I invested tons of time on over a dozen books and the ending did not fit the overall tone of the series.  Its going to slowly drive me crazy. 

 

 Which series?

I really hate it when the author just drops plotlines after I get invested in them.

 

 

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Careful. Madness lies down the path of fanfic.

 

 Fanfic?

 

No, I don't think that's the name of the street I live on... :wacko:

 

 

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I lost boyfriend points - I needed to ask Megan 'Who's Squirrel Girl?'.... (Boyfriend points are a lot easier to lose than husband points, and regenerate faster.)

 

Milana Vayntrub - an actress that I am completely unfamiliar with....

 

 Squirrel Girl is admittedly one of the more obscure Marvel characters, and was largely a joke character until the hipsters decided she was cool. She was essentially a superhero fan who had some minor powers of her own (squirrel-like level of agility, leaping ability, teeth that could gnaw through wood, ability to talk to squirrels), who began ambushing members of the Avengers to prove she was worthy of membership. She made a number of appearances, and occasionally proved surprisingly effective, such as the time she defeated Doctor Doom by summoning a swarm of squirrels to destroy his ship from the inside out. She ended up becoming a member of the Great Lakes Avengers, the second-rate Avengers junior-league team comprised mostly of joke heroes with useless powers, and then more recently became the nanny for the child of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, when they realized they wanted someone with powers to protect their child.

 

Milana Vayntrub - She became famous for being the AT&T Girl, Lily, in their tv ads... Which allowed her to get some real acting gigs on popular shows.

 

image.png.7f13ac9a6ffa3135e285d6ea784f9188.png

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×