Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

We ran into a warning sign, I suspect we were getting close to a secret R.I.B.B.I.T facility

image.thumb.png.76646846383e3e9ffabec61b48d28a12.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

On 5/14/2018 at 3:09 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Anyone heard from @Aryanun?

I'm worried about her, she doesn't respond to PM or posts and her last post was pretty down..

A bit late, but she has been posting and sharing stuff to the book of faces recently. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, FaekiasDracon said:

A bit late, but she has been posting and sharing stuff to the book of faces recently. 

Good to hear!

Thanks!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

We ran into a warning sign, I suspect we were getting close to a secret R.I.B.B.I.T facility

image.thumb.png.76646846383e3e9ffabec61b48d28a12.png

Grumpy Old Frog says "Get off my Pond".

GEM

• Haha 6

Why am I the only one who seems stressed about my job. The guy who can't wear pants right isn't stressed (but then he does no work), the former stripper isn't stressed (but then she's out sick 3 days out of ten), the retreads aren't stressed (but then they're off probation).

Is it because I take my job seriously? Is that what's stressing me out? How long does it take for the human body to get used to full time hours? Because it's been 6 months and I'm still not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

The seagull or the streetlight?

Yes.

I'm guessing.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Squirrel Girl is admittedly one of the more obscure Marvel characters, and was largely a joke character until the hipsters decided she was cool.

Basically Deadpool back in the 90's then. Originally an admitted Deathstroke knock-off with Wolverine's powers, but then he got writers that made him crack a few jokes and people fell all over themselves to buy comics with him in them.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Why am I the only one who seems stressed about my job. The guy who can't wear pants right isn't stressed (but then he does no work), the former stripper isn't stressed (but then she's out sick 3 days out of ten), the retreads aren't stressed (but then they're off probation).

Is it because I take my job seriously? Is that what's stressing me out? How long does it take for the human body to get used to full time hours? Because it's been 6 months and I'm still not.

From my personal experience I would opine that  a portion of your stress is self induced because you do take your job seriously and are conscientious in the performance of your duties.

If management won't do anything about the slackers and screwups there is little you can do about it, outside of making it known that you are running at full capacity and will not take on any additional load to make up for their shortfalls.

Learn this phrase "That's not my job".  Apply it where appropriate and you will find your stress levels reducing.

GEM

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Agh.  Kid.  Therapeutic meltdown 3x already this calendar week.

Personally I'm at my wit's end and the problem might be me.

Not sure how bad it is down where you are, but we're having issues with lack of sleep due to early sunrises and big brothers who stay up too late.  Nothing makes kids (and parents) cranky like being tired.  Plus school aged children are able to sense the end of the school year and get worked up pretty far in advance.  I attempt to compensate by getting super strict about bedtime and have a blackout blind on the skylight.  Every year around this time I start thinking I should get a blackout blind on the window, too, but the kids seem to be getting old enough that it's not as big a deal.  When they were younger an early dinner and some outside time before bed helped.  

Good luck.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LittleBluberry said:

Plus school aged children are able to sense the end of the school year and get worked up pretty far in advance

Being married to a teacher, it's not just the kids counting down the days!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think a lot of my stress is due to the fact that I am REALLY REALLY TIRED of dealing with dead people's accounts. I want to go back to those accounts where people forgot they sent in a check and I have to figure out where it's supposed to go so I can refund them or get their bills paid off. That helps people. Dead people are just dead.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I think a lot of my stress is due to the fact that I am REALLY REALLY TIRED of dealing with dead people's accounts. I want to go back to those accounts where people forgot they sent in a check and I have to figure out where it's supposed to go so I can refund them or get their bills paid off. That helps people. Dead people are just dead.

I think it's imperative that you get out of Philadelphia. Much of the world's evil emanates from there, centered on Lincoln Financial Field, but with other nexus' of darkness at the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Pop over to England for a few weeks and I'll help you cleanse yourself of the taint with some good English ale. 

PS - Any pics of the stripper? Asking for Glitterwolf, who was too embarrassed to mention it

Edited by Beagle
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

The seagull or the streetlight?

The seagull.

Not *POP!* like a balloon, more like a cooked hot dog.

I don't know if the light was destroyed or not, since it was daytime. (Back Cove, Portland, Maine.)

The bridge was a lot scarier, and  lot closer, and Mad Jack describes the feeling pretty well. It struck the crossing gate - which was up at the time, in the middle of a freakin' snowstorm - 22 February 2009. Thundersnow is rare enough in Maine that it made it into the books.   ::):  I was less than thirty feet away when it happened.

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

I submitted the first draft for the next adventure to Sam's dad last night.

And I will be modifying a Bones Fire Giant to make a giant Chaos Dwarf to go with it. (Adding a BIG hat.)

Not a lot of structure to this one - pretty much just a hidden Duergar/Fire Giant city.

The Auld Grump

• Like 11