GOBLIN! I am not a rassenfrassen sparkle-vamp! *mutter*

Goblin-kind have Long Ears.

Not Long Teeth.

GEM

Or an excess of sparkles,

though some of them do twinkle.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It's paint. And it has nothing to do with being on fire - that was /temporary/ and could have happened to anyone!

… It's been a long day and I /might/ be a tad loopy. >.>

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

I finally locked in my Rappan Athuk 5e pledge. Thankfully I had already pledged for the actual book or else I wouldn't have been able to get it. As it is, I'm a little sad that I wasn't able to throw more money at extras. It would have been cool to get the photoshop files of the maps, or at least the printed map folio, but I settled for getting actual adventure content instead by getting the Zelkor's Ferry book and the level 5D book.

And now I'm also getting antsy about my last Badger airbrush that I bought as part of their birthday promo back in January. Back on the 3rd they had made a Facebook post about the last of the orders hopefully being shipped out by the 11th, but it's been radio silence since then with no airbrush in sight. I can be very patient, but at 6 months in, and after being told there were only a couple hundred orders remaining to be shipped, I'm starting to wonder.

Also, I'm debating doing something semi-naughty with the check I'm getting in July when my employer buys back some of my unused sick time. Instead of using it to take a big chunk out of my dental bills, I'm thinking of using it for leisure instead and treating myself to a new game console and a game or two. I don't know if I will, but I'm very tempted to...

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good luck and have fun!

I hate it when games work out that way. Here's hoping that they wake up and become the bloodthirsty madmen that they're supposed to be.

I know that they were pretty good in the tabletop version; my possessed warband  maintained a pretty impressive win streak.

So, we raced cars at work yesterday and today. My new job is big on team building, so they have various activities throughout the year. On Thursday, everyone was divided up into equal sized teams by drawing numbers out of a hat. We were then given a kit of Legos and half an hour to make a race car. Our car, as well as the results of the race, can be seen below:

20180525_105952.thumb.jpg.525aff3d2d91df0eb2c9a1dcaf9db231.jpg

We went completely undefeated to take the championship!Not bad for my my fourth day at work! The car stays at work, but the trophy is mine. Everyone on the team got one.

The company borrows an actual Pinewood Derby track from a local Boy Scout troop for this, so since we have the track, they also provide cars to anyone who wants to make one for an individual competition, which we did today. I didn't win, but I had fun and made it to the semi-finals with my car:

20180525_175326.thumb.jpg.799b671e4e8d35d8a9a00fe1784fb9f1.jpg

Anyone care to guess what inspired that paint job? (Other than being tired 'cause I waited 'till late last night to start it?:lol:)

4 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

GOBLIN! I am not a rassenfrassen sparkle-vamp! *mutter*

You sure?

image.thumb.png.42994ca0fb5ab90473f92c69cbaf90fd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

- Rock Hardabs, the most fightery fighter that ever fightered, makes his debut. I would have given him sword-chucks if it had been an option

Any relation to Brick Hardmeat, Slate Slabrock, Butch Deadlift, or Dirk Hardpec?

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

It's awesome weather here so I'm painting in the garden.

Finished a few minis.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81125-three-samurai-zombies-clan-wars-by-glitterwolf/

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81126-oni-ogre-clan-wars-by-glitterwolf/

Still working on other stuff as well.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Crowley said:

Congrats! And are you gonna Ride the Lightning?

Thank you!

When it came to be time to paint, I put my music selection on shuffle, and 'Ride The Lightning' was the first song up.  Paint scheme question solved!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

Any relation to Brick Hardmeat, Slate Slabrock, Butch Deadlift, or Dirk Hardpec?

::D:

Cousins, brother and nephew, yeah. :lol:

I have the entire list saved and will pull it out from time to time for inspiration. 

For those that don't know: 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7

Right - which one of you knuckleheads stole Spring to pay for your brush-licking habit?

90 degrees today with 60% humidity... Feh.

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

- Rock Hardabs, the most fightery fighter that ever fightered, makes his debut. I would have given him sword-chucks if it had been an option

On a completely unrelated note...

Back in 4E, Pat (the owner of the Citadel) decided to name his warforged fighter "Emuanay", because he was the party's tank...

(The military guys will get it.)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 6

Help I have fallen down the Elder Scrolls rabbit hole again! 

My poor neglected minis ::(:

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Sophie was taken said:

I will come to your aid as soon as I finish this turn of Galactic Civilizations II, wait..one more turn..

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

It's awesome weather here so I'm painting in the garden.

Finished a few minis.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81125-three-samurai-zombies-clan-wars-by-glitterwolf/

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81126-oni-ogre-clan-wars-by-glitterwolf/

Still working on other stuff as well.

I had Bendbar Liftgate....

A roommie of mine had Myf Ighter.

Then there was Strongarm Weakmind - who had a 16 Int.

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump is already distrusting the Johnson, and has started digging for information.

He even called him The Fat Man. Wrong movie, but a naked fat guy interviewing the party did not make them trust him. ::P: His henchman did not help. (I did my best Peter Lorre!)

Talking to the players, naked in the waters at a bathhouse, while beautiful women washed him, and he treated them like furniture.

Weird though, Grump is actually a lot more trusting of the Johnson from the flashback, who was also sitting in, along with Seven. Mr. Obvious Falsename Black.

Mr. Black wants the party to take him into Metrol, since they already made it in and back all those years gone by. Seven in the other hand has secretly hired the party to keep Mr. Black alive, since he thinks Black is trying to kill himself in action.

Grump meanwhile has now introduced his new personality to the party. New voice, New personality, but claiming to be the same person in a new body.

Julie, meanwhile has been working as a way for people to talk to family that was killed in the War.

I was thinking either blue dragon or someone working for a blue dragon - or possibly a sorcerer with a draconic bloodline.

Dragons in Eberron are fond of using agents, rather than acting personally.

But... I am suspecting that The Draconic Prophecy is going to be in play as well - the Day of Mourning has to have had an impact.

Julie's Necromancer has told us that none of the dead that died in Cyre are replying - the souls are silent.

It is definitely feeling a bit like film noir, right now, very Maltese Falcon.

But what worries me is that we have no idea what motivates Drake - right now he is letting us act on Mr. Blacke's plan, but no explanation why he is the one getting us together.

After the war, the team split up and scattered - Julie back to the elves, Jon back to the Shadow Marches, Duncan to Sharn, Jen to the borders of Cyre, I was in Breland and then Sharn.

Finding us took work - so I have to ask, what does Drake get out of this?

Also - Lorefinder is kind of awesome - it bolts on, with stuff added, rather than changed, and it does not even have a Skill point cost.

My character plays at being a loud boisterous and kind of dim retired hero - though claiming that he 'wants to get back into the thick of things, what?'

In reality he is neither retired nor dim - and he quite literally is two faced, taking off one face and donning the other when he changes persona.

When the game wrapped for the night, we were in a tavern - where I requested a private nook, and stood the tavern a round on my shout. (With a bit of my characters history being that this was in no way unusual, buying rounds is what he does.) In the private nook, I went to my normal voice - unlike either Cruikshank Bastione (GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!) or Gaunt - the Vigilante persona. (Which may end up changed by default - Megan is already calling him Buzzsaw.)

The Auld Grump - Cruikshank wears clothing, which is odd for a warforged - but part of that is to hide his fake shoulder pads and chest piece - part of the disguise is not worn by Gaunt, but rather is cast aside when he makes his change. Cruikshank is considerably larger looking than Gaunt.

33 minutes ago, Sophie was taken said:

Which one? (For me... Oblivion keeps calling me back.)

The Auld Grump - with about a gazillion mods....

• Like 6