Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

2 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I'm tempted to say there was at least one something like that written up in one of the old Dragon magazines...

Then there was the Yellow Musk Creeper, which would shoot it's hypnotic spores at people, causing them to approach the plant and allow it to plant a seed in their brains, turning them into Yellow Musk Zombies which would serve the plant for several months before heading off to die and thus grow new plants.

Ye gods, I hated those things in 1st Ed. - all four times I played Dwellers of the Forbidden City, we lost at least two party members to them.

My old group has a positive memory of yellow musk creepers. Mostly from a role playing POV.

So the party finds and fights yellow musk creeper zombies (which we mistakenly called ju-ju- zombies). After that particular dungeon was over, we went back to town where we got summoned by the baron who wanted to know what we found. Most of the PCs were indisposed for various reasons, but the half-troll fighter (a massively friendly fella with 7 INT) was available and the only one to see everything from beginning to end.

In character, he explained how they found dead people who weren't dead. That walked around mumbling, with their eyes all white and vacant looking, and with flowers on their heads. They were... THEY WERE HIPPIES!

The whole group lost it. A literal LOL and ROFL as one of the players couldn't sit still, tears running down his face. Even our usual stoic DM chuckled.

39 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Vegepygmies are also like chest bursters. They're produced when someone is killed by Russet Mold, and they burst from the corpse. The only thing is that they usually pop out a couple days after the person has died rather than being the cause of death themselves.

Heck, Vegepygmies became our stand-in for marijuana. Once dead and dried.

On one occasion, we dropped a brick of vegepygmy down the chimney of a BBEG's study in which we knew he had guards in there with him.

It had "interesting" results (and lots of giggling).

• Haha 9

Dennis (the Younger) went to a B-52s concert last night - and they gave him an drum stick - he is going to use it as a magic wand next time we have a live game. ::D:

34556375_10156306073550995_8521582674270

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 16

A loose dog went into my yard today while I was on campus working on my thesis. 

It dragged my lizard's playpen around my yard (clear evidence). 

Dog breathe smell all over playpen.

Pen ripped open.

Sir Cyr found lizard headless. 

Police officer came over (animal control closed for the day and a beloved pet killed, I freaked out). Helped me look (prior to finding lizard). A neighbor had found a loose dog in my street. One block over had a bigger dog. 

I hope these elfers go backrupt for their irresponsibility with their dogs. My pet was contained in my yard and DIED due to their negligence. 

I hate people right now. Fenris the Dragon deserved better. He should have lived to scratch my future spawn. He should have gotten to whine at me when I played computer games without him. He didn't get that due to one idiot. 

• Sad 32

15 hours ago, Unruly said:

In 5 days I go to an amazing concert. There's practically no way that this concert could be anything but amazing.

Slayer. Anthrax. Behemoth. Lamb of God. Testament.

It's going to be BRUTAL. I can't wait!

Awesome!

So sad it will be Slayer's farewell tour.

Anyway, enjoy it!

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Pen ripped open.

Police officer came over (animal control closed for the day and a beloved pet killed, I freaked out). Helped me look (prior to finding lizard). A neighbor had found a loose dog in my street. One block over had a bigger dog. 

I hope these elfers go backrupt for their irresponsibility with their dogs. My pet was contained in my yard and DIED due to their negligence. 

I hate people right now. Fenris the Dragon deserved better. He should have lived to scratch my future spawn. He should have gotten to whine at me when I played computer games without him. He didn't get that due to one idiot. 

My sympathies!

As a dog owner I would encourage an exam to get a license in order to purchase a dog.

Actually for any pet and maybe even children.

People can be so ignorant and irresponsible.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Pen ripped open.

I hope they find whoever owns that dog and fines the hell out of them. :grr: That's terrible. I'm so so sorry... 

On my side of things, Lucy has managed not only to develop another hot spot, but also has now scratched up the side of her face right next to her eye. I'm home now, waiting to take her to the vet in an hour. 

And I just dropped off the car for an oil change and to get it looked at since it's running really loudly. 

At least I have my friend coming over tonight to paint. 

• Like 6

Too many forumites disappearing for longer periods.

Hope everyone is well.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I found a video of Johnny Cash doing a cover of U2's "One".  I was hoping for it to be the "One" by Metallica.  That would have been an awesome cover.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Too many forumites disappearing for longer periods.

Hope everyone is well.

The forum does seem to be getting emptier by the day ::(:

• Sad 5

I have been playing Galactic Civilizations II for a while now.

Great game.

I will create a custom civ and custom ships next.

The best free game I ever had.

If Gal.Civ. III goes on sale I will buy that one.

Does anyone has experience with Skylines?

The City Builder game?

• Like 4

A dog loose like that could seriously hurt kids, not just pets. I really hope the officer finds the wretched people. 

I'm now sitting here staring at the scratches on my arm from lizard yesterday morning being sad. He was very grabby with his claws on the way outside (not mean or angry, just clingy). 

He was a good lizard. He was a grump, as he should be. :down:

• Sad 14

Unfrackingbelievable!!!!   :grr:

After a day-from-hell at work yesterday I wake up not feeling good - I had a stiff neck and my stomach was bothering me - and then I chip a tooth sneezing during breakfast, leaving a sharp edge on it...

I get into work...

And work sent all the temps home today because two of the machines needed repairs, and two other jobs happened to finish up yesterday... :rolleyes:

And they made me work Saturday overtime... Anybody need someone shot or bludgeoned to death? I think I'm entitled to one free homicide at this point.

Oy.

On the other hand, I now own three old Mithril LotR figures. I didn't get the Gollum, the Legolas, or Mounted Ring Wraith I was bidding on, but did get M128 Boromir, M136 Galadriel, and M230 Master Elrond... And total cost with shipping is only $8.00.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5