Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

43 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

When I was in the hospital at the age of seventeen, the doctors hated me and the nurses threatened to slap me.

By then I had already spent several years reading up on  and practicing all sorts of mind-over-matter stuff. I literally had a doctor threaten to sedate me because I was bored and using the monitors I was hooked up to to raise and lower not just my heart rate but also my blood pressure and temperature...  :bday:

Which may have been why they were less than impressed by my ability to dislocate my thumbs at will.

Ahah! So I'm not the only one to do that. :lol:

Just before I had heart valve surgery three years ago, I was kept under observation in the emergency ward, and I was curious to see what I could do to change my vital signs on the fly.

No wifi, no radio, no TV, no reading material. So yeah, bored. My mother wasn't too pleased about this new hobby.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Hmmm, it seems that all someone really has to do to improve my opinion of him is to hold and smile at my little girl....

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I think... I was expecting to dislike him more - but the only side that I have heard was from Megan's mum.

Aside from that one snide comment... he hasn't had a lot to say.

I was... kind of building myself up to defend Megan, but she really doesn't need my defense in this one - she outclasses him in every way. No need to come the amadan. (And, yes, I have told her this - just in case she didn't realize it herself.)

So, yeah, I would rather focus on the grandmother - I am really glad that she has gotten to meet Brigid - and she won points from me when she put her fingers in Brigid's mouth, for her to chew. (Brigid looks amazingly happy when she is chewing on somebody's fingers.)

Anna Carla D'Angelo, currently of Trenton, New Jersey, formerly of Portland, Maine - Libbytown.

And nobody to mess with. ::): Her reaction to almost dying has been to go out and see and meet more people, not close herself away.

I suspect we will spend a bit of time talking about the way things used to be in New England. Me about Boston Irish, her about Portland Italian.

The Auld Grump - we are going to a dinner at the Italian Heritage Center.

Had to look up amadan. Glad I did. 

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Right. Like exactly how waterproof your windows are, and will they keep sharks out.::D:

Not very, and no. Honestly, in that end of world scenario, I might welcome sharks. I will be curious how they got into the inner courtyard however. I can of course just go up to the roof, but that only gets me an extra 25' or so. 

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

So far Yuengling, Guinness Extra Stout an a 12 year Glen Moran.

2/3 ain't bad! 

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

*sigh* Got tasked once again with trying to get my son's iphone to send and receive text messages. No go. Tried all the steps I could find online, which got us into a help webpage loop (if this doesn't work, go to Page 2, if that doesn't work, go to Page 3, if that doesn't work, go to Page 1). Took it to the Apple store to get some "genius" help, and they suggested restarting it (yeah, we did), then maybe making sure with the carrier that we've got a text plan (we do). Finally, they suggested a restore as a new phone.

Guess what still doesn't work? Oooo! Good guess!

So putting back the way it was. Rotten scum software.

My phone is weird with text messages. No idea why... 

Tonight's shrimp and chicken pasta was yummy. The buffalo chicken wasn't bad, but I definitely need to work on my buffalo sauce. 

• Like 5

It was Eldar Spawn's 10th birthday today.  I started calling her that on the forums here, before eventually, it bled over to RL.

So I hung up a "happy spawning day" banner - and she filled the house with laughter. 

The best gift was an echo dot -  it has gotten a lot of use as a house intercom already. 

thankfully Wifey is a techy geek, so she set it up and explained to the spawn and I how to use it.  

Tomorow we have been challenged to a Water balloon fight by the neighbors. 

Some weekends with family are more fun than others. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Unruly said:

SLAYER! ANTHRAX! BEHEMOTH! BEER!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

Our seats are so, so much better than expected. Like holy crap. We're 6 rows back from the pit. My friend that bought the tickets lied to me. She paid more than double what she told me she paid and what I paid her back for. This is gonna be so awesome!

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

Who's ready for some Anthrax poisoning?

20180609_190322.jpg

I had plans to go to the Cincinnati instance of this concert, but they fell through several weeks ago. I am so very jealous and I sincerely hope that you have the very best time. :bday:

• Like 6

Phone problems solved. Took the genius bar then the carrier, then advanced tech support. Deep down in their system, where the retail store's not allowed to touch but only view, text messages were set to "disallow". Why?

(best Ren Hoek voice)

Nobody knows.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

It was Eldar Spawn's 10th birthday today.  I started calling her that on the forums here, before eventually, it bled over to RL.

So I hung up a "happy spawning day" banner - and she filled the house with laughter. 

The best gift was an echo dot -  it has gotten a lot of use as a house intercom already. 

thankfully Wifey is a techy geek, so she set it up and explained to the spawn and I how to use it.  

Tomorow we have been challenged to a Water balloon fight by the neighbors. 

Some weekends with family are more fun than others. 

Do you have an Imperium Spawn? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

3/4 through 70lbs of crawfish.  So full.

Holy moly!  By your self?  If so i bow to the super stomach of yours I had 3 pounds Thursday and I almost couldn't move (worth it though! They were delicious)

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Right. Like exactly how waterproof your windows are, and will they keep sharks out.::D:

At that point are they jumping or are they just floating by on the lawn chairs and waving at you through said windows? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Keianna said:

I had plans to go to the Cincinnati instance of this concert, but they fell through several weeks ago. I am so very jealous and I sincerely hope that you have the very best time. :bday:

It was, to put it mildly, absolutely broccoliing amazing. I know I damaged my hearing, I know I'll be hoarse for the next few days, and my neck is probably going to be pretty dang sore as well, but oh man it was worth it. I knocked two bands off my bucket list at once in seeing both Slayer and Anthrax. I'm bummed that I missed Anthrax's opening song though, because some idiot couldn't decide which one of the 6 beers he wanted and so held up the beer line for 10 minutes. I'm already paying more for a single tall boy of Yuengling than I would for a case of it at the store, I shouldn't have to wait 10 minutes for it too.

Also, we somehow missed Testament. The show "started" at 5 and we were in the venue around 5:30. The first act we saw was Behemoth, at around 6. My first picture inside the venue was at about 5:40, of a mostly empty lawn and seats(didn't stay empty for long!), and we hadn't heard any music at all. So either Testament was playing at exactly 5 and we mistook the ticket wording to mean that the gate opened at 5 when it was really open earlier, or they didn't play. Because aside from missing that opening bit for Anthrax's set due to the drink line, we don't think we missed anything. Could be wrong, though. I'm not too upset either way, as Testament was the band I was least interested in seeing and the rest of everything was well worth it!

I have been trampled by the Behemoth! I have been poisoned by Anthrax! I have been cleansed in the blood of the Lamb of God! And I have been Slain by the Angel of Death! Tonight was a GOOD NIGHT!

And then, to top it off, I came home to my Thornwatch kickstarter reward having been delivered! Pics of that and my new tour shirt will be hitting Acquisitions soon enough.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pingo said:

If petulant man-babies were universally dislikeable, we would not have so many of their children in the population.

(I speak as the child of one.)

I as well.  I agree it seems to be a powerful attractor to some people to have someone to need them to do everything for them.

8 hours ago, Pegazus said:

*sigh* Got tasked once again with trying to get my son's iphone to send and receive text messages. No go. Tried all the steps I could find online, which got us into a help webpage loop (if this doesn't work, go to Page 2, if that doesn't work, go to Page 3, if that doesn't work, go to Page 1). Took it to the Apple store to get some "genius" help, and they suggested restarting it (yeah, we did), then maybe making sure with the carrier that we've got a text plan (we do). Finally, they suggested a restore as a new phone.

Guess what still doesn't work? Oooo! Good guess!

So putting back the way it was. Rotten scum software.

I thought the whole point of the apple genius bars was to be able to throw the rotten piece of plastic and silicon at someone and tell them to make it work?  Did you ask for your money back so you could get a real smart phone?  That usually brings out the A game...

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

I have just launched rocket propelled Garden Gnomes from a Trebuchet

(Where but this thread could or should I post that sentence?)

g.co/doodle/afgq6m

That is ^ supposed to be a Link. Google makes weird looking links, because they are google, and they can. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Do you have an Imperium Spawn? :rolleyes:

Nope just Eldar and Mini. 

I wonder how to get imperium spawn - I (or wife) would have to build an imperium first.... 

thankfully I do'nt have a Chaos Spawn either, usually. 

• Like 7

@Unrulysounds like an awesome gig!

Tonight BBQ.

My girl told me I bought too much meat.

Ridicilous, there is no such thing as too much meat...

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

At my place of employment, corporate likes to issue certain requirements for which products we can use. Their newest one, I actually really like. We have dubbed it: standardized bacon. What this means for us is that we get a better price on thick cut applewood smoked bacon. And there was much rejoicing :bday:

• Like 13