Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Grad students are "... not very expensive and they're sort of disposable": YouTube video at about 1:42.

Which seems about right.

::D:

That was both an awesome quote, and video. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

That appears to be in the middle of nowhere, and quite tiny. 

At least the roads are in good condition. Meaning most everyone leaves town during the weekend. That two-hour drive to and from the largest city in the area is usually worth it.

Yes, there's a large lake, fishing, hiking paths, and a golf course. But I'm not a fisherman, nor a golfer, and there's an insane amount of bugs in the summer.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

At least the roads are in good condition. Meaning most everyone leaves town during the weekend. That two-hour drive to and from the largest city in the area is usually worth it.

Yes, there's a large lake, fishing, hiking paths, and a golf course. But I'm not a fisherman, nor a golfer, and there's an insane amount of bugs in the summer.

I have found myself exploring it via google street view. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I have found myself exploring it via google street view. 

As did I...  did you see the naked lady in her window on Rue Cote du Plateau?

Spoiler

neither did i.. but now you've gone and looked again, haven't you? :B):

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, eldamir said:

Hide contents

neither did i.. but now you've gone and looked again, haven't you? :B):

LOL - I was about to, until i checked this first!

There is a guy looking in a store window on Boulevard Quevillon that I found amusing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, kristof65 said:

LOL - I was about to, until i checked this first!

There is a guy looking in a store window on Boulevard Quevillon that I found amusing.

The next street over (Rue des Merisiers ) actually has what could very well be a nekkid dude behind his blinds .. the reflection is a bit hard to actually tell .. 

haven't quite gotten to Boulevard Quevillon yet .. but will now.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Morihalda said:

Y'all are so silly, looking at the shops and people. :lol: 

It paid off, though.  The PetroCanada made me think of that CTV comedy show Corner Gas, of which I couldn't remember the name, and when I googled to figure it out, I found out they just released an animated version of the show this year! ::D:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

At the same time, when a vendor comes to our company, and brings Tim Hortons, he gets extra love.

Unless he brings muffins. We're not *that* desperate.

The town I'm moving to is called Lebel-sur-Quévillon.

You are a braver man than me.  I don't look forward to my winter trips to Quebec or Edmonton.  That place looks a lot colder...

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

You are a braver man than me.  I don't look forward to my winter trips to Quebec or Edmonton.  That place looks a lot colder...

When you grow up in this kind of environment, you don't mind it as much and plan for it (proper clothes, winter tires, etc.)

And the place I'm moving too has a dry cold which makes it easier to bare (than and tons of skin lotion and drinking fluids). Having grown up near Quebec City and lived in St.John's, they both have humid winters, which feels much colder even though the thermometer says otherwise.

• Like 7

Got home late last night.

Exhausted from a weekend of manual labor plus teaching dry stone masonry to kids.

I just got up.

For those of you in other time zones that's just a couple of minutes shy of 2:30 in what most people consider the afternoon.

Going to take the rest of the day to vegetate and catch up on what everyone is doing,

Then maybe do some laundry.

GEM

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I managed to step aside from my emotional self before the Saturday dinner - and realized that Megan's dad is dealing with a mother that was dying a few months ago, from cancer, with the constant fear that the cancer will come back.

If the cancer had been either higher or lower, she would have needed a bag, because they would have removed a good deal more of her intestines.

A reason for anybody to look defeated.

I used to have an easier time of setting aside my emotions. It kind of used to be my default state.

The Auld Grump

And Megan has told me that she didn't even notice my churlishness.... <_< Hopefully, that means that I kept it on the inside. (I am in touch with my inner silverback.)

But even I picked up on the still present tensions between Megan's mum and dad - both having arms straight down their sides, not touching their bodies, fists lightly clenched - nearly identical body language from each of them. More than thirty years later and each is still angry with the other.

Something that I didn't notice, but Megan did - when Megan and I laughed at her father's snide comment, so did her grandmother - she had already heard the story.... ::D:

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Hey.....  Edmonton isn't that bad :p. .....Says the person who's lived here for ages...

I suppose it all depends on your perspective though ^_^

• Like 7

Hey, y'all! I started another WIP. I might actually finish one...eventually. But I've got a deadline on this one so hopefully it'll go semi-quickly.

• Like 9