Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I hate to break it to you, but you've got more problems that that....your lawn is purple.

LOL!  That's because it's my wife's favorite color!

That's an artifact of the infrared cameras and vegetation. I forget what it's called, but it was pretty disconcerting when I first installed the system.  Some black clothes due the same thing, too.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I hate to break it to you, but you've got more problems that that....your lawn is purple.

For one of my cousins, that wouldn't be a joke. He'd look at you and go "yea, that's how it's supposed to be. If it's not, then I've got a problem."

He was in a car wreck years ago and got thrown from the car, and ending up with some pretty nasty brain damage. It screwed up his brain's ability to process color, so now shades of green show up as shades of pink and purple. He said when he looks outside at his lawn it's just a sea of bright pink. He told me that when he woke up from his coma and experienced it for the first time it was like the world had been tie-dyed. Said it took quite a while to get used to it.

He's a pretty chill guy. It's kind of hard not to be when you're lucky enough to survive something like what he did. Personally, I think seeing the world like that would be kind of awesome.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

You pick ONE booger and don't even scrape the side of the nostril and BAM. Red fountain of blood spewing out the nose and hitting a good blue blouse. BAH. 

• Sad 10

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

You pick ONE booger and don't even scrape the side of the nostril and BAM. Red fountain of blood spewing out the nose and hitting a good blue blouse. BAH. 

Was it your nose?

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Was it your nose?

Yes. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

What are you doing up at 2200 hours?

• Like 4

Just now, TGP said:

What are you doing up at 2200 hours?

Obviously bleeding from a nostril onto a blue blouse. However, I now have a lovely wad of toilet paper rammed up there to stop the trouble. 

Actually just doing a last pass on the presentation to review before going to sleep. But also facial bleeding. 

No need to take pity on me... I mean... I did cause the mess myself. I'll get 6.5hrs of sleep at least, it will be fine. A friend is bringing caffeine in the morning! 

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Obviously bleeding from a nostril onto a blue blouse. However, I now have a lovely wad of toilet paper rammed up there to stop the trouble. 

Actually just doing a last pass on the presentation to review before going to sleep. But also facial bleeding. 

What rocks help with a bleeding nose? Maybe hematite?

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

:rolleyes:

What did you refer to awhile ago with “...it is time...”?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Well I might need to grind some of that up to nibble on, for the sake of my lost iron!! 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Made the call to the vet to bring Marmalade in on Friday.

Silly wizard, marmalade is supposed to be made with fruits, not meats!

An evening of.... Frustrating fighting with my bottle of white primer and bones minis...  So I grabbed a spare mini I had lying around (Ingrid, Gnome Rogue or something like that) and said screw it, let's see what Grey Liner does.  6-8 minutes later with no fighting, whole thing was primed, and doesn't seem to have lost any detail either. 

.... Now here's hoping the paint sticks, because it would be nice to be able to put down a solid, good base coat without fighting a bunch. 

Silly purple hound thing wouldn't take white primer, even when washed three times good and deeply scrubbed, not to mention even with the primer not having any thinning going on. 

But grey liner seems to work.  We shall see in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If it takes you 6 - 8 minutes to put Liner on a gnome, you may be doing something wrong... or use a too small brush... ;-)

I don't know...

the British mail say that these New stamps are to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Dads Army (great series. Get it), but are they certain it's not really about Brexit?

dads-army-header-600x344.jpg.ffd5cc8c75874f0516c23c23a66389fd.jpg

Yes, they're real. I snagged the pic directly from the royal Snail website

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Made the call to the vet to bring Marmalade in on Friday.

I wish you strength!

Poor furball.

• Like 4